Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Destiny Adams took a little road trip to NC - has visited Wake Forest and NC State - not sure if Duke and/or UNC will be a part of the trip.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Destiny Adams took a little road trip to NC - has visited Wake Forest and NC State - not sure if Duke and/or UNC will be a part of the trip.

Who is she?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
:eek: Cal is in complete rebuilding mode. That decision surprises me. Sigh. Jenkins to USC, Daniels to Cal, Hailey Van Lith is definitely going out of state, might go completely out of the region. PNW players can't get out of state fast enough apparently. Head bang

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
:eek: Cal is in complete rebuilding mode. That decision surprises me. Sigh. Jenkins to USC, Daniels to Cal, Hailey Van Lith is definitely going out of state, might go completely out of the region. PNW players can't get out of state fast enough apparently. Head bang
Why is that?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Why is that?

Wish I knew. UW obviously has been down since Plum left and Wazzu is a really tough sell, but the Oregon schools have been kicking butt. Players from elsewhere want to go to Eugene and Corvallis, no idea why the locals don't want in on the action.

Of course some prospects want to get away from home, while others are the opposite. You'd think it would kind of even out.

Local talent has been leaving Seattle for the most part for as long as I can remember. They have managed to get some really talented players from California like Plum and Giuliana Mendiola (and current player Amber Melgoza, whose career unfortunately is passing in near anonymity because they've been struggling so much), but the home grown players overwhelmingly so no thanks. They managed to get a couple of fairly recent McD AA from Seattle in Katie Collier and Deja Strother, but neither really panned out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Cal must be thanking the Lord Gottlieb left.

Daniels, Onyiah, and Samb is ridiculous!

I would be reading this right after ordering my pizzas... I've almost lost my appetite :oops::oops:Head bangHead bang:(:(

And the liquor store is closed Head bang

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Cal must be thanking the Lord Gottlieb left.

Daniels, Onyiah, and Samb is ridiculous!
The sense from Stanford insiders is that Daniels wanted to end up on the Farm but found out relatively late in the process that she wouldn't be getting the test scores for that to be possible. And there's precedent in those circumstances to end up at a very good school across the bay where the admissions barriers aren't quite as steep. I wish both her and her coach the best - Charm is a gem and while I'm not eager for her to be notching victories against Stanford, it's great to see her getting top 25 players like Daniels.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Who is she?
Pretty talented 6-3 W. UConn POI I believe.

Very talented junior who helped lead her Manchester Township to a NJ State Class Title, along with Leilani Correa (freshman at St. John's). She played on Exodus with ND commit Nat Marshall this summer.

Listed as a wing, which is probably good to keep in mind for college. In the game I saw her (a wipeout of Kylee Watson's Mainland HS Team in NJ's Tournament of Champions), she played all over on offense, but on defense helped out a lot in the pait, both on defense and rebounding.

She's a Jersey Shore girl and I'd love ND assistant coach Michaela Mabrey (Mabrey1) come back home to see Ms. Adams.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith....thoughts on her having a top 8, but only taking 4 official visits?

Reaction Score
Sakima Walker to Rutgers!

Nick pickup. C. Viv will have a very athletic front court with Cornwell, Walker, and Davenport -- all are very athletic, but a little raw, so it'll be interesting to see how well she develops them.

I believe Rutgers is also recruiting 6-5 Daphane White. They were at MGC JUCO in September to watch her.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Nick pickup. C. Viv will have a very athletic front court with Cornwell, Walker, and Davenport -- all are very athletic, but a little raw, so it'll be interesting to see how well she develops them.

I believe Rutgers is also recruiting 6-5 Daphane White. They were at MGC JUCO in September to watch her.
That would be a very good pickup too! I know, we're getting such quality post depth.

We still could get Diamond Johnson as well.

Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith....thoughts on her having a top 8, but only taking 4 official visits?
She can only take a maximum of 5 official visits anyway. It's sort of confusing why she would have that high of a top list that is more than the official visits unless she's keeping her options open. Some Notre Dame and UConn fans have said that lately there's hasn't been much involvement or interest between their schools and Hailey Van Lith. UConn has Bueckers and ND seems to have gone all in on Caitlin Clark and is in Deja Kelly's F5. Of course, they could be some contact between Hailey Van Lith and those schools.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

IMHO, Hailey Van Lith has waited too long to commit. As the other top PGs landed at top programs, her prospects narrowed and now she’s left with fewer top tier options.

As I watch her play, I see the fearlessness of LATech Mulkey in her, and I think Hailey Van Lith could be scary good learning from her for four years and, thankfully for Hailey Van Lith, Baylor still seems to be on the table. But I think if Andrews commits first, it’ll be another off the list.

Reaction Score
IMHO, Hailey Van Lith has waited too long to commit. As the other top PGs landed at top programs, her prospects narrowed and now she’s left with fewer top tier options.

As I watch her play, I see the fearlessness of LATech Mulkey in her, and I think Hailey Van Lith could be scary good learning from her for four years and, thankfully for Hailey Van Lith, Baylor still seems to be on the table. But I think if Andrews commits first, it’ll be another off the list.
Honestly I feel like since Hailey Van Lith and Sarah are visiting on the same weekend, mulkey will try to convince them that they can both play together at Baylor and be successful! That’d be a good backcourt for the future! I really hope we can land both!

Reaction Score
Honestly I feel like since Hailey Van Lith and Sarah are visiting on the same weekend, mulkey will try to convince them that they can both play together at Baylor and be successful! That’d be a good backcourt for the future! I really hope we can land both!
I did not realize they were visiting the same weekend. If that is the case then I could definitely see where she could pitch the idea of both of them playing a combo role. The only issue I see is if they both want to play at the next level it is likely going to have to be at the point. Regardless, both are incredibly gifted players.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Some Notre Dame and UConn fans have said that lately there's hasn't been much involvement or interest between their schools and Hailey Van Lith. UConn has Bueckers and ND seems to have gone all in on Caitlin Clark and is in Deja Kelly's F5. Of course, they could be some contact between Hailey Van Lith and those schools.

Unless Hailey Van Lith and ND are trying to win an award for most covert recruiting process of 2019, those who follow ND recruiting at "The Bench" have seen no indication of mutual interest in quite some time, if ever. Outside of that "ND" chyron on a local television report that was later translated into a web posting, none of us can point to anything involving the Irish.

Yes, the Irish do seem to be all in with Caitlin Clark (one of her three finalists, along with Iowa, Iowa St.). They do have a commitment from Alasia Hayes, the 5'7" point guard from Tennessee (and the family of Hayes hoopsters), so many wonder if there will any further movement with 5'8" Deja Kelly, regardlness if Clark comes aboard or not.

One reason for that is ND seems to have "mutual interest" with 2021 PG prospect Oliva Miles, probably stemming out of their Philly Belles connection. ND posts Mik Vaughn and Danielle Cosgrove both played for the Belles, as did 2020 verbal commit Alli Campbell. Of course, if Clark -- knock on wood -- does join the Irish, one wonders if that respective interest contines.

So, educated guess is that Hailey Van Lith will not be playing home games in South Bend...unless they win that covert recruiting award! :rolleyes: ;)

As to where Hailey Van Lith goes, I could see her at both Baylor or Louisville pretty easily. I endorse the theory that Kim Mulkey might see a bit of her La. Tech-self if Hailey Van Lith and would almost become a personal coach. And Walz seems to have the kind of temperment that would work with her, as well...just a gut. Interestingly, both the Bears and Cardinals are also pursuing Andrews: if one goes to one school, the other to the other school?

Was she still intersted in Oregon State? On one hand, Rueck is a great coach. On the other, the combination of Hailey Van Lith and all those bigs does not seem like a fluid match.

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Unless Hailey Van Lith and ND are trying to win an award for most covert recruiting process of 2019, those who follow ND recruiting at "The Bench" have seen no indication of mutual interest in quite some time, if ever. Outside of that "ND" chyron on a local television report that was later translated into a web posting, none of us can point to anything involving the Irish.

Yes, the Irish do seem to be all in with Caitlin Clark (one of her three finalists, along with Iowa, Iowa St.). They do have a commitment from Alasia Hayes, the 5'7" point guard from Tennessee (and the family of Hayes hoopsters), so many wonder if there will any further movement with 5'8" Deja Kelly, regardlness if Clark comes aboard or not.

One reason for that is ND seems to have "mutual interest" with 2021 PG prospect Oliva Miles, probably stemming out of their Philly Belles connection. ND posts Mik Vaughn and Danielle Cosgrove both played for the Belles, as did 2020 verbal commit Alli Campbell. Of course, if Clark -- knock on wood -- does join the Irish, one wonders if that respective interest contines.

So, educated guess is that Hailey Van Lith will not be playing home games in South Bend...unless they win that covert recruiting award! :rolleyes: ;)

As to where Hailey Van Lith goes, I could see her at both Baylor or Louisville pretty easily. I endorse the theory that Kim Mulkey might see a bit of her La. Tech-self if Hailey Van Lith and would almost become a personal coach. And Walz seems to have the kind of temperment that would work with her, as well...just a gut. Interestingly, both the Bears and Cardinals are also pursuing Andrews: if one goes to one school, the other to the other school?

Was she still intersted in Oregon State? On one hand, Rueck is a great coach. On the other, the combination of Hailey Van Lith and all those bigs does not seem like a fluid match.

Stay tuned.
Watch these 2 x freshman OSU BIGs and tell me if you still feel the same. 2nd half highlights of OSU's exhibition game. Many of the highlights are from OSU's two new freshman BIGs, Taylor Jones (Lauren Cox like), and Kennedy Brown. These freshman BIGs were the stars of the game today. I'm not sure why Hailey Van Lith wouldn't want 3 years with these ladies:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score

Yeah, I don't really get this either. Doesn't Baylor have a bunch of bigs as well? I can't really see Mulkey switching to a mostly perimeter oriented attack. All of their Championship teams were powered by post players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom