Non-UConn Recruiting Thread | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Lots of Australians heading across the pond. They are going to schools all over the country but the Pac 12 is certainly getting their share of them.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Stanford picks up their third commit:

Things are good on the Farm! Although Tara has been known to pull something magical out of her sleeve at the last minute, I believe we only have on target left for the 2020 class: Dalayah Daniels. To the best of my knowledge, she has not yet been admitted, so my guess is that she'll get admissions new sometime in the next few weeks and that we'll land her if she's admitted.

I'm not sure who our 4th would be otherwise (Stanford admissions hurdle means there sometimes aren't many backup options), although there has been some talk of Wilson trying to petition for a red shirt 5th year because of how much of her freshman year she missed. She played into the middle of the season that year after missing most of the non-conference season with one injury and then picking up another, which is why she's not automatically eligible, but there's some talk that she could petition to get a waiver.

Reaction Score
I know that Oregon State University also has their sites on Dalayah Daniels, but I also know that it is very difficult not to choose Stanford if you are admitted. OSU's remaining 2020 targets are Dalayah Daniels and Hailey Van Lith. Regardless of what the ESPN writer stated about Hailey Van Lith, there has been no substantiated proof that Hailey Van Lith has eliminated any of the final 8 universities on Hailey Van Lith's list.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This was a little while ago, apparently Washington picked up 2 more commits for '20, bringing them to 3. Both from California, PG Tameiya Sadler and wing Alexis Whitfield. Sadler's commit is on Prospect Nations, I can't find a confirmation for Whitfield though.

Wynn is slowly bringing in more talent. Not nearly enough to challenge for the top of the conference, but hopefully to get well clear of the cellar. I'm hopeful for this year's Soph and Fr. classes. Outside of Melgoza and Peterson, there just isn't much there with the upperclassmen (Henson had a decent Soph year but took a big step backward as a Jr.).

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, this has been discussed on McGraw's Bench, but I'll post it here, too.

A reliable poster on that board says that Muffet stated she had 4 2020 commitments after a recent open practice. So the question is - who is the mystery 4th recruit to go with Nat Marshall, Alli Campbell, and Alasia Hayes.

Seems likely it may be Maddy Westbeld or Caitlin Clark. Both were on campus (along with Marshall and Campbell) this weekend for official visits. I believe ND is looking for 5 in this class and you'd have to imagine they are holding spots open for both Westbeld and Clark.

Of course, both Clark and Westbeld committing would be ideal.

Reaction Score
— Treasure Hunt’s Mississippi State visit has been cancelled - she will choose between Kentucky, Auburn, SC, and Baylor.
— Sarah Andrews will be visiting Louisville this weekend.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
— Treasure Hunt’s Mississippi State visit has been cancelled - she will choose between Kentucky, Auburn, SC, and Baylor.

Expected

I could really see Hunt at Kentucky, very good relationship with many of the girls on that team. She seemed to love her visit.

Reaction Score
Expected

I could really see Hunt at Kentucky, very good relationship with many of the girls on that team. She seemed to love her visit.
T Hunt would be a great compliment to R Howard and C Patterson as far as skill set. She could step in and be a key player this coming season for Kentucky.

Reaction Score
ND fans thoughts on Westbeld?
Louisville reported said its either ND or UL and that she's announcing within the next week or two.

I believe Louisville only has one remaining scholarship, so it'll be very interesting to see who receives it.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So Jeff visited Westbeld on Monday, right after her visit to Notre Dame.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND fans thoughts on Westbeld?

I hope she picks Notre Dame.

ND could use a forward and all the reports I've read on her are good. And obviously things worked out well with her big sister.

That's all I got.

No clue as to what way she might be leaning except whatever rumors I read on this board.

Reaction Score
I posted this in the UConn thread but thought the info would be good here too.

Composite ranks after new PN rankings
2020. ASGR, Hoopgurlz, BS and PN

1. Paige Bueckers
2. Kamilla Cardosa
3. Angel Reese
4. Hailey VanLith
5. Cameron Brink
6. Caitlin Clark
7. Sarah Andrews
8. Hannah Gusters
9. Maddie Scherr
10. Kylee Watson
11. Sydney Parrish
12. Sasha GoForth
13. Treasure Hunt
14. Priscilla Williams
15. Olivia Cochran
16. Mir McLean
17. Alli Campbell
18. Delayah Daniels
19. Nataljia Marshall
20. Jordan Merritt
21. Tehina Paopao
22. Madeline Westbeld
23. Kateri Poole
24. Deja Kelly
25. Angela Dugalic

This is probably the best indicator of McDonalds All American too. This is likely the group. UConn with two already. Edwards from Canada and not ranked by everyone.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about Chyna Cornwell out of NC? There's not much info about her recruitment? She's on my wishlist for Rutgers.

Reaction Score
I posted this in the UConn thread but thought the info would be good here too.

Composite ranks after new PN rankings
2020. ASGR, Hoopgurlz, BS and PN

1. Paige Bueckers
2. Kamilla Cardosa
3. Angel Reese
4. Hailey VanLith
5. Cameron Brink
6. Caitlin Clark
7. Sarah Andrews
8. Hannah Gusters
9. Maddie Scherr
10. Kylee Watson
11. Sydney Parrish
12. Sasha GoForth
13. Treasure Hunt
14. Priscilla Williams
15. Olivia Cochran
16. Mir McLean
17. Alli Campbell
18. Delayah Daniels
19. Nataljia Marshall
20. Jordan Merritt
21. Tehina Paopao
22. Madeline Westbeld
23. Kateri Poole
24. Deja Kelly
25. Angela Dugalic

This is probably the best indicator of McDonalds All American too. This is likely the group. UConn with two already. Edwards from Canada and not ranked by everyone.

FYI, no one has noticed this yet but probably will. One ESPN high ranked player missing is Diamond Johnson, she comes in at 6 for ESPN but 44, 137 and 20 for PN, BS and ASGR in that order.

Other anomalies are Peyton McFarland who is 12 for ASGR but 80, 111, 97 by ESPN, PN and BS.

Gabby Hutcherson is 12 for PN but 101, 22 and 61 by ESPN, BS and ASGR

Madison Scott is 13 for ESPN but 55, 19, and 40 by PN, BS and ASGR

Lexi Donarski has rankings of ESPN #12, PN #17, ASGR #25 but a 106 from BS drops her to #32 overall.

Reaction Score
FYI, no one has noticed this yet but probably will. One ESPN high ranked player missing is Diamond Johnson, she comes in at 6 for ESPN but 44, 137 and 20 for PN, BS and ASGR in that order.

Other anomalies are Peyton McFarland who is 12 for ASGR but 80, 111, 97 by ESPN, PN and BS.

Gabby Hutcherson is 12 for PN but 101, 22 and 61 by ESPN, BS and ASGR

Madison Scott is 13 for ESPN but 55, 19, and 40 by PN, BS and ASGR

Lexi Donarski has rankings of ESPN #12, PN #17, ASGR #25 but a 106 from BS drops her to #32 overall.

Diamond Johnson should be a consensus top 25 player no question about it. I’ve been watching her for a while now and she pretty much dominated in the EYBL this year. Through all three sessions she impressed and I think she could be very good at the next level with the right coaching.

Reaction Score
Diamond Johnson should be a consensus top 25 player no question about it. I’ve been watching her for a while now and she pretty much dominated in the EYBL this year. Through all three sessions she impressed and I think she could be very good at the next level with the right coaching.

She did have a good summer but she did not dominate the EYBL by any stretch. Boo Williams team finished 9th at Nationals. A “dominating player” would lead her team to a higher finish. She did have good stats, but I thought she was still inconsistent. And her biggest challenge in college will be her height of course. It’s hard for the smaller PGs. They become limited to one role and all the flashy things she can get away with in pre-college ball she won’t be able to do in college. Unfortunately two of four entire scouting services with multiple occasions to watch her think that she’s not top 25.

In Lexi Donarski’s case it is only one service so there is a better argument for her being top 25. But she didn’t play EYBL so it’s hard to know versus the weaker competition.

Reaction Score
— Sarah Andrews will be visiting Louisville this weekend.
I think that has to be related to MS State's lack of available scholarships.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anyone know anything about Chyna Cornwell out of NC? There's not much info about her recruitment? She's on my wishlist for Rutgers.

As long as she doesnt end up in Chapel Hill. I looked her up on google. She played for Ex-NC State Legend Andrea Stinson the past few years..... Stinson is now coaching in Burlington (NC). Hope she put in a good word about her alma mater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom