Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 121 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Kennady Tucker (AR) PN #45, ESPN #68 is unsigned. Would be a nice addition to a class.
If it's her and it's an ACC school, then probably Louisville:

Reaction Score
Both her commitment and decommitment were very under the radar. No social media really.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Deja Kelly, who is at the center of the Duncanville fiasco and currently currently ranked #22 in the 2020 class by Hoopgurlz, visited Oregon at the beginning of this month and Notre Dame in December. (I hope I haven't missed someone posting the latter.). She apparently plans to visit Stanford next month with other schools tbd. In case anyone is interested, here is her highlight film.

Deja Kelly Highlights

Reaction Score
Note he didn’t say Which class rankings would change - maybe just the within-ACC rankings.

Reaction Score
This could be interesting. Only 4 ACC schools in the ESPN top 20 classes for 2019. #8 NC State, #11ND, #15 Louisville #16 FSU. Only players available that can impact the class ranking are foreigners of JUCO.
I am going out on a limb here and predicting Louisville has landed Nika Muhl.
2019 Women's Basketball Class Rankings
I thought someone here confirmed, directly from Muhl, that she is a 2020. Tucker did visit UNC recently, and she and Malu could make them a top-20 class.

Reaction Score
Deja Kelly, who is at the center of the Duncanville fiasco and currently currently ranked #22 in the 2020 class by Hoopgurlz, visited Oregon at the beginning of this month and Notre Dame in December. (I hope I haven't missed someone posting the latter.). She apparently plans to visit Stanford next month with other schools tbd. In case anyone is interested, here is her highlight film.

Deja Kelly Highlights

she decommitted from Texas and hasn't had a particularly good season according to the Texas forums..............not sure why would there would be mutual interest with Notre Dame with all of their young guards and possibly Clark or Bueckers also serious possibilities.......

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Moore's specialty is international players isn't it?
International players are certainly the specialty of Coach Q, but he only has two 3-star players in his 2019 class, so he is unlikely to make the top 20 with one foreign recruit.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Deja Kelly Highlights

I can't remember what's been discussed on the Boneyard vs. McGraw's Bench vs. private messages. She is definitely on the radar screen for ND fans, though.

she decommitted from Texas and hasn't had a particularly good season according to the Texas forums....not sure why would there would be mutual interest with Notre Dame with all of their young guards and possibly Clark or Bueckers also serious possibilities..

Key word "possibilities". It's clear that ND is looking for a lead guard in this class and competition is heated for Bueckers and Clark. Don't want to find yourself left out when the music stops.

I just looked at the Texas forums and saw where they said here stats are down but that's probably to be expected after moving to a power like Duncanville where there are other high-level players on the team. Also, I don't expect the Texas forums to be the most positive on her after she de-committed from them and it appears increasingly unlikely that she will re-commit there.

Reaction Score
I can't remember what's been discussed on the Boneyard vs. McGraw's Bench vs. private messages. She is definitely on the radar screen for ND fans, though.

Key word "possibilities". It's clear that ND is looking for a lead guard in this class and competition is heated for Bueckers and Clark. Don't want to find yourself left out when the music stops.

I just looked at the Texas forums and saw where they said here stats are down but that's probably to be expected after moving to a power like Duncanville where there are other high-level players on the team. Also, I don't expect the Texas forums to be the most positive on her after she de-committed from them and it appears increasingly unlikely that she will re-commit there.

I can see why ND might want to engage her but why would she want to go where there's going to be so much competition for court time

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I can see why ND might want to engage her but why would she want to go where there's going to be so much competition for court time
I think what @Orangutan is suggesting is that if ND strikes out on Paige and Caitlin, they still need a PG in that class, so ND needs to keep their options open.

Reaction Score

Which reminds me, our pal Raoul recently tweeted "if you say playing time is your main concern, why would you choose a school that is stacked with AAs". Wonder who he was referring to ...

Reaction Score
International players are certainly the specialty of Coach Q, but he only has two 3-star players in his 2019 class, so he is unlikely to make the top 20 with one foreign recruit.

I was thinking the original tweet was from a another recruiting expert with a similar name.............not the same guy........

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Ha! I just wrote a post that covered what you two largely went over, so I'm going to add one or two points from that post that were not duplicative of what you two covered:

- Read in one of the Duncanville stories that Kelly averaged 16+ ppg. Given the level of Duncanville's roster (as Orangutan pointed out), that's not too bad. Consider the source of the criticism.

- ND wants to keep the recruiting pool slightly larger at Point Guard, given the intense competition for Bueckers and Clark. This approach is something you've encouraged UConn to do, Charlie.

As for why ND for Kelly? Gosh knows why/what her interests are? Likes the way the team plays? Wants out of the Lone Star State? Wanted to visit South Bend in early December? She's also visiting Stanford, which also has a mess of point guards either on the roster or coming.

Stay tuned...

Reaction Score
I think what @Orangutan is suggesting is that if ND strikes out on Paige and Caitlin, they still need a PG in that class, so ND needs to keep their options open.

no I got that, just assumed that since Peoples, Gilbert and Nixon are all listed as point guards.........................they are point guards................

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
no I got that, just assumed that since Peoples, Gilbert and Nixon are all listed as point guards.....they are point guards......
Of all the ND incoming guards you mentioned add in Campbell and realize that only Nixon of the 4 does not have the ability to slide over and play at the 2 or 3 (wing) for ND. Campbell has grown to 6', Peoples, Gilbert are already close enough to that height-just like Kayla McBride was.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
no I got that, just assumed that since Peoples, Gilbert and Nixon are all listed as point guards.....they are point guards......

1550774619689.png

That from the South Bend Tribune on signing day. And Gilbert wasn't slotted as a point guard this year. So if you look at it this way, here's a 2020 depth chart for ND at the guard spots

1 - Nixon, ???? (Bueckers/Clark/Kelly recruited)
2 - Gilbert, Peoples
3 - Prohaska, Campbell

Of course, those positional distinctions aren't strict. Next year, either Peoples or Gilbert will have to play at least some point. Unless Young stays and Muffet just decides to put the ball in her hands and she runs point from the SF spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom