Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 42 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who starts = who earns the start and who the coach can count on to set the tone for the game. I am no Baylor fan but I do not think a coach with Mulkey's resume has to promise starting positions. At this time, Baylor has few positions that look anything close to locked up for the next few years.

Can’t say I agree with that, if you were to say Kim doesn’t promise starting spot, then I guess the term “hey come here and you can get early playing time at such and such position” is used, pretty much the same thing to me.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Just took a peak at the Baylor board and someone said that Decosta DID commit to Baylor...the truth will be revealed on Tuesday. They'll have a potent duo in Smith and Decosta.

Dangerously potent. Smith is #7 or #8 in the class and I still think she's very underranked. She can do it all.. hit the pull up j, stroke from behind the arc, attack the rim AND post up. She's a total package and at 6'4" a potential monster with the right coaching. DeCosta can do much of the same but she needs work on her perimeter game.. if she gets that going.. LOOK OUT..

Baylor will have a terrifying duo at forward for the next four years.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Having grown up not far from Waco, I'm trying to figure out why anyone would want to go to Baylor. I guess the great basketball record, maybe a sense of family, a good coach....Those are valid reasons, but still, there are so many things that come to mind....oh well.

I've been to both Waco and Austin...

Lets just say, if I were a D1 athlete being recruited by Texas I'd probably commit in a heartbeat. Austin is fantastic and I love Texas as a school.

There aren't many other schools I'd rather be a D1 athlete at.. perhaps UCLA, but Texas is definitely up there.

Reaction Score
Dangerously potent. Smith is #7 or #8 in the class and I still think she's very underranked. She can do it all.. hit the pull up j, stroke from behind the arc, attack the rim AND post up. She's a total package and at 6'4" a potential monster with the right coaching. DeCosta can do much of the same but she needs work on her perimeter game.. if she gets that going.. LOOK OUT..

yes.................. but can they play defense? Remember Geno's comments about Collier (I think) where he said something like "sure she scored 20 points tonight but she gave up 30"..................

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I wouldn't go as far to say that DeCosta AND Grayson committed. Could be true if DeCosta is committing on Tuesday. I heard awhile back that Grayson was a silent committ. So who really knows?
You "heard" it verbally from someone, or you read it on the Baylor message board like the rest of us? ;)

Reaction Score

I think someone said Smith had a Candace Parker like game, do you think she will be able to play the 3 in college?

Reaction Score
yes... but can they play defense? Remember Geno's comments about Collier (I think) where he said something like "sure she scored 20 points tonight but she gave up 30"...
Chong, after Stanford loss. Not all talk either - he benched her for 2 years after that.

Reaction Score

If all the rumours are true regarding Decosta to Baylor then expect some epic battles between Texas and Baylor. TX will have Holmes, Boothe, Prince, Collier, Sutton, Patterson, etc., and Baylor with Morris, Decosta, Smith, Grayson, Cox, etc. Definitely worth the price of admission. With all of this talent on both teams it will be interesting to see if they can make a serious challenge to UConn.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
yes... but can they play defense? Remember Geno's comments about Collier (I think) where he said something like "sure she scored 20 points tonight but she gave up 30"...

Smith is definitely the better rim protector and a good perimeter defender for someone her size. DeCosta is a capable defender as well, but her motor concerns me. If she's active consistently on defense then you'll know it..

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If all the rumours are true regarding Decosta to Baylor then expect some epic battles between Texas and Baylor. TX will have Holmes, Boothe, Prince, Collier, Sutton, Patterson, etc., and Baylor with Morris, Decosta, Smith, Grayson, Cox, etc. Definitely worth the price of admission. With all of this talent on both teams it will be interesting to see if they can make a serious challenge to UConn.

If the DeCosta and HSG rumors are true then 2018 is going to have two of the top 4 teams battling it out in the Big 12. Mulkey still has a few for schollys at her disposal. However, I wouldn't look for her to make many more offers.

I think Queen Egbo just worked her way out of a Baylor offer if the DeCosta rumor is true.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Can’t say I agree with that, if you were to say Kim doesn’t promise starting spot, then I guess the term “hey come here and you can get early playing time at such and such position” is used, pretty much the same thing to me.

The claws really come out when another program has recruiting success. Kim, like Geno, makes players earn their time. If someone doesn't earn playing time they can transfer like Mompremier and Small.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I have no idea but just my own guess.

I could see DeCosta at Baylor although I thought Louisville might land her.

As far as HSG I could see her more at tOSU. They need immediate assistance and with the Buckeyes in the B1G she could get back to Maryland for some home games.

Baylor is stacked with guards so I’m not sure why she would go there. Again just my 2 cents.

I have 2 teenage daughters now and I couldn’t tell you what they are doing in the next 5 minutes let alone the next 4 years.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think someone said Smith had a Candace Parker like game, do you think she will be able to play the 3 in college?

If I had to describe her game in any way it would be Candace Parker-like. She can handle the ball, but I wouldn't take it too far. Candace could actually play point guard.. I think Smith is a better than average passer for a forward. Smith is a very good ball handler for her size. She can play the 3 but I think her home is at the 4.. she's a mismatch regardless, too quick and athletic for most 4's and too big yet still skilled enough for most 3's. I'm looking forward to watching her in college.. I hope Mulkey develops her well.

Reaction Score
I have no idea but just my own guess.

I could see DeCosta at Baylor although I thought Louisville might land her.

As far as HSG I could see her more at tOSU. They need immediate assistance and with the Buckeyes in the B1G she could get back to Maryland for some home games.

Baylor is stacked with guards so I’m not sure why she would go there. Again just my 2 cents.

I have 2 teenage daughters now and I couldn’t tell you what they are doing in the next 5 minutes let alone the next 4 years.

for some reason common sense seems to fly out the window when it comes to the decision making process of recruits at these two Texas schools.............nobody seems to care if there are already more then enough post players, forwards, guards whatever..............they just keep on coming....................

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
for some reason common sense seems to fly out the window when it comes to the decision making process of recruits at these two Texas schools...nobody seems to care if there are already more then enough post players, forwards, guards whatever....they just keep on coming.....
Will be very interesting to see where the Queen ends up holding court, so to speak.
UT is filling up its roster, and Baylor and Miss. State sure do have a lot of bigs on their roster.
FSU has River Baldwin coming in 2019, but I'm guessing those two have different kind of games....just think
what the FSU sports media department could do the first names ("Come See the River Queens!") Whew, too much early morning coffee! :rolleyes: Thx. for posting.

Baylor is actually "lacking" in bigs this season with "only" Cox and Brown. If Baylor lands DeCosta, as is rumored, I see Egbo heading to MSU.

Reaction Score
Baylor is actually "lacking" in bigs this season with "only" Cox and Brown. If Baylor lands DeCosta, as is rumored, I see Egbo heading to MSU.

but that's because Cox decided on Baylor over UConn which I assume was the main cause of the transfer of Monpremier, another talented post player on last year's roster...........

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

I think Egbo heads to Florida State. MSU is loaded with Daphne White and Jessika Carter already committed.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
but that's because Cox decided on Baylor over UConn which I assume was the main cause of the transfer of Monpremier, another talented post player on last year's roster......

You guys have to learn how to close the deal on these highly rated Texas girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom