Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I figured UConn at 50% chance of getting CW before the Collier debacle, now I'm going to say 25% at best..........as I said before, beware of the double wammy, loosing Collier and then loosing CW because of that...............if CW goes to Texas that will be an incredibly talented team and probably UConn's biggest threat over the next few years

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I figured UConn at 50% chance of getting CW before the Collier debacle, now I'm going to say 25% at best.....as I said before, beware of the double wammy, loosing Collier and then loosing CW because of that.....if CW goes to Texas that will be an incredibly talented team and probably UConn's biggest threat over the next few years

So UConn has dropped from 50% to 25%? So, if UConn is one of 5 schools she's considering and its chances are at 25%, then where do the other schools fall? Is any school's chances above 25%? What if UConn's chances are really 17.5%?

Reminds me of a case I once worked on which involved an analysis by a team of economists my company had retained. I asked one of the economists how he derived a certain set of numbers that seemed rather important to his analysis. He told me those were rectal numbers.

Some of the recruiting stuff posted here is just crazy.

My prediction is this: She might come to UConn or she might not.

Reaction Score
So UConn has dropped from 50% to 25%? So, if UConn is one of 5 schools she's considering and its chances are at 25%, then where do the other schools fall? Is any school's chances above 25%? What if UConn's chances are really 17.5%?

Reminds me of a case I once worked on which involved an analysis by a team of economists my company had retained. I asked one of the economists how he derived a certain set of numbers that seemed rather important to his analysis. He told me those were rectal numbers.

I'll try to be a bit more scientific regarding my crazy opinion...............Texas 40%, South Carolina 30%, UConn 25% and Tenn 5%............don't even remember who the other team is (UCLA?) but it really doesn't matter as they are most likely out of the running unless she falls in love with Los Angeles ..............we are all guessing at this point but there is some basis for these numbers as any one who has followed CW's recruitment would know..................I've been watching CW for two years now and will be greatly disappointed if she doesn't end up in Storrs..............

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
@stwainfan will be disappointed to know Tennessee's chances are only at 5% and maybe less after yesterday's annihilation at Neyland Stadium.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'll try to be a bit more scientific regarding my crazy opinion.....Texas 40%, South Carolina 30%, UConn 25% and Tenn 5%..don't even remember who the other team is (UCLA?) but it really doesn't matter as they are most likely out of the running unless she falls in love with Los Angeles ....we are all guessing at this point but there is some basis for these numbers as any one who has followed CW's recruitment would know...I've been watching CW for two years now and will be greatly disappointed if she doesn't end up in Storrs....

Of course this could be her public statement.. but she said after her SC visit that everybody is dead even.

After originally not being a threat for her, I think the SC visit really threw her for a loop and made things interesting. She was enamored with SC..

I'd say it's
1. Texas
2. UConn

3. South Carolina

4. Tennessee
5. UCLA

If anything, I feel the SC visit closed the gap between UConn and SC, but I still think she goes to Texas.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'll try to be a bit more scientific regarding my crazy opinion.....Texas 40%, South Carolina 30%, UConn 25% and Tenn 5%..don't even remember who the other team is (UCLA?) but it really doesn't matter as they are most likely out of the running unless she falls in love with Los Angeles ....we are all guessing at this point but there is some basis for these numbers as any one who has followed CW's recruitment would know...I've been watching CW for two years now and will be greatly disappointed if she doesn't end up in Storrs....
It's hard to put numbers on this type of thing, but I do it often. As Cat notes, they can come from some body part. I'll say these are from my gut. Rather than looking at the percentages, I'll look at the change over time. I'd say that UConn's chances have slipped over the past month, not for any reason related to UConn. Texas, having gotten Collier, has moved up. South Carolina has moved up since they won the 2017 title and Dawn was named the USABB coach. I'm bothered by Christyn's change of dates for her Austin visit. If Christyn is sold on staying closer to home and helping Texas get to the top, we may have a problem. If she realizes that Geno will bring out her talents like no one else, I like our chances. The LV fans can be delusional. I think they have little to no chance. UCLA is a long shot, but different from the other 4.

Reaction Score

I love economics but, unfortunately, much of what economists do is try to predict the future - much like recruiting prognosticators. There’s a saying that you could take every economist in the world and stretch them end-to-end, and they still wouldn’t reach a conclusion.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I love economics but, unfortunately, much of what economists do is try to predict the future - much like recruiting prognosticators. There’s a saying that you could take every economist in the world and stretch them end-to-end, and they still wouldn’t reach a conclusion.

A mathematician, an accountant and an economist apply for the same job.

The interviewer calls in the mathematician and asks “What do two plus two equal?” The mathematician replies “Four.” The interviewer asks “Four, exactly?” The mathematician looks at the interviewer incredulously and says “Yes, four, exactly.”

Then the interviewer calls in the accountant and asks the same question “What do two plus two equal?” The accountant says “On average, four - give or take ten percent, but on average, four.”

Then the interviewer calls in the economist and poses the same question “What do two plus two equal?” The economist gets up, locks the door, closes the shade, sits down next to the interviewer and says “What do you want it to equal?”

A joke, but this has happened. I worked with some economists who told me they could arrive at any number I wanted. Okay then.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity why do most people feel like Williams will not be going to Uconn because Collier decommitted?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'll try to be a bit more scientific regarding my crazy opinion.....Texas 40%, South Carolina 30%, UConn 25% and Tenn 5%
That's some
52584-43213.jpg

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity why do most people feel like Williams will not be going to Uconn because Collier decommitted?

Because Williams and Collier briefly played on the same AAU team so they must be besties and want to play college basketball together and now we hear Williams has changed her Texas visit date to match Collier's so draw your own conclusion but that's at least worth 40% don't you think?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Even before Collier de-committed CW was hedging by putting back South Carolina into the mix. She has also juggeled several official visits to be a at the same time as Aquira DeAcosta. UCONN was also scheduled to be her last official visit and that has now changed.

Reaction Score
It’s not uncommon for recruits to visit schools during the same time as committed players. I’ll wait and see what happens, but I think she would pick Tennessee before she picks Texas.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think CWill is friends with Charli, the addition of Charli to the Texas roster makes them a legitimate contender, and Texas is the closest school to home. I’m not saying that guarantees that CWill chooses Texas, but it makes it more likely than before. The change in her visit date also makes it more likely than previously.

Reaction Score
Every school puts on their best look for a recruit and I'm sure S carolina put on a show for Williams. I would be surprised if she had anything but praise for her visit. But remember that she has been saying all along that she was keeping an open mind about all the schools on her list. Furthermore, it was posters here, not Williams, who were seeing signals in her UConn visit being her last stop. Now she is visiting Texas with Collier last and the tealeaf readers are adjusting their predictions. LOL All of a sudden I read "If Christyn is sold on staying closer to home and helping Texas get to the top, we may have a problem." Didn't I read early in the process that she wanted to get away from home? And while I can understand Collier's affection for the Longhorns I don't see Williams having any sense of loyalty or attachment to the state of Texas. And if playing with Collier tips her to Texas then good luck to her. UConn isn't for everyone.

Williams will visit UConn and see what a championship program is all about. She will be there for a practice. If there is any truth to UConn's practices being different than any other school's she will see it. But from what has been reported she is most concerned with becoming the best she can be. If that is true then I like UConn's chances.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Even before Collier de-committed CW was hedging by putting back South Carolina into the mix. She has also juggeled several official visits to be a at the same time as Aquira DeAcosta. UCONN was also scheduled to be her last official visit and that has now changed.

I had been hearing Williams and her bestie DeCosta were going to pick the same school. Now I'm reading that Williams and her new bestie Collier are going to pick the same school. This is all very confusing.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I had been hearing Williams and her bestie DeCosta were going to pick the same school. Now I'm reading that Williams and her new bestie Collier are going to pick the same school. This is all very confusing.
Very confusing for me also. Of course Megan Walker was a ND lock, a Texas strong lean plus Megan's bestie (playing partner) was supposed to be Westbrook.

Reaction Score
Because Williams and Collier briefly played on the same AAU team so they must be besties and want to play college basketball together and now we hear Williams has changed her Texas visit date to match Collier's so draw your own conclusion but that's at least worth 40% don't you think?
Perhaps Texas suggested changing the date to reduce the number of dog-and-pony shows for their staff. Plus it's good to have another recruit to go through the process with, even if they are not best friends. Everyone benefits but it isn't necessarily an indicator of school preference.

Reaction Score

I’ve never heard of Williams and DeCosta being best friend, what information I do no is Williams has a best friend at Uconn, and DeCosta has a best friend at Louisville.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I’ve never heard of Williams and DeCosta being best friend, what information I do no is Williams has a best friend at Uconn, and DeCosta has a best friend at Louisville.
Not sure what set of rules we are going by to determine "best friend" or even if it matters. DeAcosta and CW played USA basketball 3 on 3 together this summer and both were on the U17 team in summer of 2016. If we use the Kevin Bacon rules and apply some simple logic then CW might be going to Texas. How? Follow me real closely here. During the Medal ceremony for the U17 CW was standing next to DeAcosta. During the trophy presentation for the 3 on 3 championship Destiny Littleton was the only one standing between CW and DeAcosta. Both photos are on the USA basketball website, don't just take my word for it. A little logic says, since Destiny is already at Texas then both of them are going to Texas to play with Destiny. Why? Because that's their Destiny.
PS It is simply not logical to point out that Texas doesn't have enough scholarships to get both. It also not fair to speculate that Destiny would transfer because then the whole thing doesn't make sense-like it did in the first place.

Reaction Score
Every school puts on their best look for a recruit and I'm sure S carolina put on a show for Williams. I would be surprised if she had anything but praise for her visit. But remember that she has been saying all along that she was keeping an open mind about all the schools on her list. Furthermore, it was posters here, not Williams, who were seeing signals in her UConn visit being her last stop. Now she is visiting Texas with Collier last and the tealeaf readers are adjusting their predictions. LOL All of a sudden I read "If Christyn is sold on staying closer to home and helping Texas get to the top, we may have a problem." Didn't I read early in the process that she wanted to get away from home? And while I can understand Collier's affection for the Longhorns I don't see Williams having any sense of loyalty or attachment to the state of Texas. And if playing with Collier tips her to Texas then good luck to her. UConn isn't for everyone.

Williams will visit UConn and see what a championship program is all about. She will be there for a practice. If there is any truth to UConn's practices being different than any other school's she will see it. But from what has been reported she is most concerned with becoming the best she can be. If that is true then I like UConn's chances.

CW has already been to UConn, seen the practice facilities, seen all of the trophies, etc..........maybe revisiting Storrs will rekindle her original strong feelings for the program but I'm certainly not counting on it................

Reaction Score
I think when a kid takes her time to comment to Uconn most of you guys panic, every recruit isn’t Stewart, and every recruit isn’t Wilson.

Reaction Score
I think when a kid takes her time to comment to Uconn most of you guys panic, every recruit isn’t Stewart, and every recruit isn’t Wilson.

not panicking at the moment................if ONO goes elsewhere and UConn doesn't get a verbal from a highly ranked '19 post and forward in the coming months then I'll start panicking.............there's a lot of momentum in the recruiting process..................recruiting success breeds success just like it does on the court...........

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'm thinking that since DeCosta has only one visit left. That she may be the first to commit.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
not panicking at the moment......if ONO goes elsewhere and UConn doesn't get a verbal from a highly ranked '19 post and forward in the coming months then I'll start panicking...there's a lot of momentum in the recruiting process...recruiting success breeds success just like it does on the court......

ONO seems extremely unlikely. Hopefully, Moore's hint about Magbegor was accurate. Should hear something soon if it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom