Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 38 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
ONO seems extremely unlikely. Hopefully, Moore's hint about Magbegor was accurate. Should hear something soon if it was.

What was the hint? I think I missed it?

Reaction Score
If Geno doesn't get anyone in 2018,he will very likely get a 2019 class along the lines of Brunelle,Boston,(Brunelle says she would like to be a teammate of hers),Amihere and a very good point guard,(maybe Cooke),and a new and improved continuation of the dynasty reveals itself.A year where Uconn has a miniscule number of recruits has historically been followed by very good players arriving in Storrs.Not to worry at all.Even if other teams have more all americans than Uconn,their coaching staff will more than make up the difference.Uconn had no business only losing one game last year.Great coaching and superior player attitudes was the winning formula.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
The opposite - until Nixon committed ND had no true point guard on next year's roster.

Everything I've heard/read is in line with what Orangutan said: while Gilbert has taken over the point for both her club and high school team, she's primarily being looked at as an off-guard. Can she spell Nixon?
My guess is yes, but that seems to be a Mabrey sepecialty ... giving the point a rest for a few minutes.
And Peoples will be on board a year later.

On that note, fellow 2018 commit Danielle Cosgrove sent this tweet with her, Abby Prohaska (a wing, for sure), Gilbert and Nixon (around the cake) and joined by Anaya Peoples in 2019 at the Temple football game (looking very Skylerish in the headband). (BTW, like the tweet message from Cosgrove.)

MM has said that there could be more room if there is "mutual interest," but wouldn't be surprised that this is it, given that the Irish's most talented bigs will be back in 2018-19 (Turner, Jessica Shepard) and there are a slew of talented off-guards/wings/forwards available next year.

Check out my new family! Class of 2018 let’s work hard and be great! I'm excited to be a part of something special at Notre Dame! GO IRISH

DLFOCOKUIAAM_6r.jpg

DLFOCN-VAAAh7Lw.jpg

Reaction Score
Thanks

not sure I'm buying that one.............it's really just one person's opinion on what UConn should do................as far as I can tell she's locked up in Australia for at least the next year playing college/club ball and I really have know idea if she's even interested in playing college ball on the east coast of the US..............from what I've read she's a real talent but at this point it's a stretch to say the least

Reaction Score
If Geno doesn't get anyone in 2018,he will very likely get a 2019 class along the lines of Brunelle,Boston,(Brunelle says she would like to be a teammate of hers),Amihere and a very good point guard,(maybe Cooke),and a new and improved continuation of the dynasty reveals itself.A year where Uconn has a miniscule number of recruits has historically been followed by very good players arriving in Storrs.Not to worry at all.Even if other teams have more all americans than Uconn,their coaching staff will more than make up the difference.Uconn had no business only losing one game last year.Great coaching and superior player attitudes was the winning formula.

Neither Boston or Brunelle are UConn locks by any means ...............we do know one Texas school that won't need another post player in the near future...............

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think Geno is looking at Ezi. Whether UConn thinks she's a good fit and whether they can get her out of Oz are the questions.

Reaction Score
Even before Collier de-committed CW was hedging by putting back South Carolina into the mix. She has also juggeled several official visits to be a at the same time as Aquira DeAcosta. UCONN was also scheduled to be her last official visit and that has now changed.

Reaction Score
Handicapping C. Williams' choice is tough. I had thought UConn for the longest time, and still give you all a great chance. But she really heaped praise on USC after her weekend there. She seems to be very taken with Dawn, and said what I thought was an unusual number of positive things. I wouldn't think Texas was in that strong a position, but changing the dates does raise questions. Tennessee wouldn't surprise me. UCLA would surprise me a lot.

I think using the level of friendship with other players or recruits on the various teams is a fairly poor indicator. Too many times I have heard, "So and so want to play together" and then seen them go to different schools. I think most of these kids are pretty sociable and have probably have enjoyed playing with and developing friendships with a lot of the other recruits. In CW's case, is there some reason to think she and Charli Collier are best of friends? DeCosta perhaps more so, since they are overlapping on more than one visit and are known to have been on more than one team together. But who knows? Unless you have intimate knowledge about their personal lives, how does one interpret these friendship issues? The relationship with and trust in the coach, on the other hand, seems so crucial.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
not sure I'm buying that one...it's really just one person's opinion on what UConn should do......

I didn't read Moore's tweet as him giving his opinion. Sounded more like revealing something he heard.

Reaction Score
Handicapping C. Williams' choice is tough.

I think using the level of friendship with other players or recruits on the various teams is a fairly poor indicator. Too many times I have heard, "So and so want to play together" and then seen them go to different schools. I think most of these kids are pretty sociable and have probably have enjoyed playing with and developing friendships with a lot of the other recruits. In CW's case, is there some reason to think she and Charli Collier are best of friends? DeCosta perhaps more so, since they are overlapping on more than one visit and are known to have been on more than one team together. But who knows? Unless you have intimate knowledge about their personal lives, how does one interpret these friendship issues? The relationship with and trust in the coach, on the other hand, seems so crucial.

I agree that the friendship angle tends to get overplayed..........it is just one of many components in the decision making process............still if all else is close, the level of comfort a recruit has with her prospective team mates could be an important factor...............

Reaction Score
Handicapping C. Williams' choice is tough. I had thought UConn for the longest time, and still give you all a great chance. But she really heaped praise on USC after her weekend there. She seems to be very taken with Dawn, and said what I thought was an unusual number of positive things. I wouldn't think Texas was in that strong a position, but changing the dates does raise questions. Tennessee wouldn't surprise me. UCLA would surprise me a lot.

And don't forget her and Lexi Gordon are "besties" too. Definitely agree with almost everything............You, I would be surprised if she chose Tenneesee.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not sure what set of rules we are going by to determine "best friend" or even if it matters. DeAcosta and CW played USA basketball 3 on 3 together this summer and both were on the U17 team in summer of 2016. If we use the Kevin Bacon rules and apply some simple logic then CW might be going to Texas. How? Follow me real closely here. During the Medal ceremony for the U17 CW was standing next to DeAcosta. During the trophy presentation for the 3 on 3 championship Destiny Littleton was the only one standing between CW and DeAcosta. Both photos are on the USA basketball website, don't just take my word for it. A little logic says, since Destiny is already at Texas then both of them are going to Texas to play with Destiny. Why? Because that's their Destiny.
PS It is simply not logical to point out that Texas doesn't have enough scholarships to get both. It also not fair to speculate that Destiny would transfer because then the whole thing doesn't make sense-like it did in the first place.
Decosta is not considering Texas.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Jazmine Massengill, Evina Westbrook, Christyn Williams, Aquira DeCosta, and Anastasia Hayes from left to right.
The young lady in the black tee shirt with the Afro, right side of the picture appears to be Cheridene Green former JUCO player of the year.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
cheridene-green.jpg
The young lady in the black tee shirt with the Afro, right side of the picture appears to be Cheridene Green former JUCO player of the year.
this is Green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown