Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I have only heard bits and pieces of the recruiting story between Dara and ND......let's just say that from what I have been told, about half way through the process she felt that looking for another program that was more "forthcoming" was in her best interest.....Frankly I'd go to war with Dara over Nixon any day of the week but it will be fun to see how that choice turns out for ND

I'm thinking they may not have been "forthcoming" because they didn't consider her a "must have" player.

Re Mabrey v. Nixon - I haven't seen enough of either to have any opinion of my own. Everything I read is that Nixon had a dynamite summer and took her game to another level. In Muffet & Niele I trust, especially when it comes to point guards.

I note that Hoopgurlz describes Nixon as "explosively athletic", something nobody ever accused a Mabrey of being, lol.

I'm sure that this reads as the typical message board attitude of saying "I didn't want her anyway!" when you don't get a recruit. Genuinely, I was fine if she would have committed to ND and fine that she didn't.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking they may not have been "forthcoming" because they didn't consider her a "must have" player.

I note that Hoopgurlz describes Nixon as "explosively athletic", something nobody ever accused a Mabrey of being, lol.

I'm sure that this reads as the typical message board attitude of saying "I didn't want her anyway!" when you don't get a recruit. Genuinely, I was fine if she would have committed to ND and fine that she didn't.

Hey it's your team so if you're happy that's what counts...............I have no doubt that Nixon is the more explosive athlete............BTW which Mabrey sister has been gifted with elite athleticism? Dara is by far the most athletic of the three........she's just a true competitor and a winner............I hope that still counts for something...........next year let's compare notes at mid season and see which one has had more of an impact on their team............I know who I'm rooting for..............

Reaction Score
I don't believe Honesty has ever visited the Baylor campus unofficially. It would be a stretch for Baylor fans to think she is a silent commitment to them (unless she really has visited and I am mistaken).

I've heard Baylor has a silent commit, but I have reasons to believe it is Taylor Chavez who has ties to Bickle and Chavez has been to a Baylor camp before.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Generally, the players ranked the highest out of HS have been the biggest stars for ND. Diggins, McBride, Loyd, Mabrey1, Allen, Turner, Westbeld, Mabrey2, Ogunbowale all McDonald's All-Americans.

And yeah, I'm not expecting Prohaska (or Cosgrove for that matter) to be stars. Nixon (ranked much higher by PN and ASGR) and Gilbert, maybe.

Yup. I think MM wants Prohaska to come in with the "tough as nails" attitude she already has and mix it up on defense, rebounding and 50/50 situations, much like Hannah Huffman. If she can develop on offense just a bit, well maybe we'll have a Brittany Mallory. Either option works.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I've heard Baylor has a silent commit, but I have reasons to believe it is Taylor Chavez who has ties to Bickle and Chavez has been to a Baylor camp before.
I hope its not DeCosta.

Reaction Score
I hope its not DeCosta.

Seeing as she projects at the 4 in college same as Smith, I don't think she will pick Baylor, but then again, Davis(2017) also projects at the 4 in college, so idk if she would pick Tennessee. Louisville who will be losing there starting power forward after this year, seems like the best fit if she wants a chance to start on day one.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Seeing as she projects at the 4 in college same as Smith, I don't think she will pick Baylor, but then again, Davis(2017) also projects at the 4 in college, so idk if she would pick Tennessee. Louisville who will be losing there starting power forward after this year, seems like the best fit if she wants a chance to start on day one.
I think Tennessee has a good chance at her. Nared is a senior. Yes Davis will be there. I guess we will find on on Tuesday.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I hope its not DeCosta.

If I am not mistaken Honesty Scott-Grayson and DeCosta are visiting Baylor this weekend. I think it is DeCosta's last visit. I am hoping for good news soon after.

There is talk that Queen Egbo is still hoping to land at Texas, although UT would have to boot someone off the team or rescind an offer to make room for her.

Reaction Score
Which of the Mabrey sisters is supposed to be best? Is there a clear consensus?

I'll let our Notre Dame friends answer on their two players...........Dara who is the youngest is the fastest and most athletic but also a couple of inches shorter then her two older sisters...........she is probably the weakest outside shooter of the three (still very good) but is the strongest scoring off the dribble

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Which of the Mabrey sisters is supposed to be best? Is there a clear consensus?

I'll let our Notre Dame friends answer on their two players......Dara who is the youngest is the fastest and most athletic but also a couple of inches shorter then her two older sisters......she is probably the weakest outside shooter of the three (still very good) but is the strongest scoring off the dribble

Statistically, it's no contest. Marina's performance last year (14.6 ppg, 92 assists, 54 to, 18 blocks, 55 steals, 3.0 rpg) exceeded Michaela's best year (7.2 ppg, 92 assists, 52 to, 3 block, 34 steals, 1.9 rpg) and she has room to grow.

The caveat is that Michaela was a tremendous leader. It's no surprise that just a couple years after graduation she already has an Assistant Coach job at Miami-OH. And she was a very consistent player, she knew her role and played within it. Marina is more variable. Sometimes the best player on the floor, sometimes relatively anonymous.

Still, I think the answer is pretty clearly Marina. She's a much better defender, a more potent and versatile scorer. I still think Michaela was a better passer but as a total package I'd go with Marina.

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Will be very interesting to see where the Queen ends up holding court, so to speak.
UT is filling up its roster, and Baylor and Miss. State sure do have a lot of bigs on their roster.
FSU has River Baldwin coming in 2019, but I'm guessing those two have different kind of games....just think
what the FSU sports media department could do the first names ("Come See the River Queens!") Whew, too much early morning coffee! :rolleyes: Thx. for posting.

Reaction Score
Wow this could be the 1st time in a long time(2009) that Duke doesn't have a player in the McDonald's All American game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I feel like we could re-name this thread "Discuss Raoul's twitter feed" :D

Ranked #111 by ProspectsNation

Paging @triaddukefan

Cool.... I saw that she was visiting a few weeks ago...... seems like she had a pleasant enough experience

Wow this could be the 1st time in a long time(2009) that Duke doesn't have a player in the McDonald's All American game.

Yep.. and look where all those McDonald's all-americans have gotten us..... multiple final 4 appearances and national titles :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :oops:

Anyway...... I've been thinking of boycotting McDonald's anyway..... they got rid of the Orange drink.... whats next? Head bang

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cool.... I saw that she was visiting a few weeks ago. seems like she had a pleasant enough experience

Yep.. and look where all those McDonald's all-americans have gotten us..... multiple final 4 appearances and national titles :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :oops:

Anyway. I've been thinking of boycotting McDonald's anyway..... they got rid of the Orange drink.... whats next? Head bang
But if McDonalds adds donuts ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc