Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 34 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My granddaughter is a frosh at Marquette. They are building a nice program, along the lines of DePaul. I hope Rae chooses the Golden Eagles.

must be a tough sell to those southern recruits who fear the cold weather.............if they think UConn is a cold weather school, they must love Marquette

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
must be a tough sell to those southern recruits who fear the cold weather...if they think UConn is a cold weather school, they must love Marquette

There are a number of Boneyarders who can attest to the cold weather in Milwaukee. Several of us -- @ThisJustIn, @j66kicker and @Phil -- were in Milwaukee on a bitter cold (below zero) Saturday night in Feb 2007 to watch UConn play Marquette. UConn won the game but it was by no means easy. Marquette was a top 20 team, the crowd was loud and UConn needed every one of freshman Tina Charles's 20 points that night.

j66kicker and his wife were very gracious hosts.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Eric - I have no problem ranking recruiting classes in terms solely relating to their high school/AAU careers....my point is that it really means nothing once they are on a college campus....as is the case with Tennesse or Louisville for example, great recruiting classes don't necessarily translate to great college teams......
At UCONN they do, which is all that matters.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are a number of Boneyarders who can attest to the cold weather in Milwaukee. Several of us -- @ThisJustIn, @j66kicker and @Phil -- were in Milwaukee on a bitter cold (below zero) Saturday night in Feb 2007 to watch UConn play Marquette. UConn won the game but it was by no means easy. Marquette was a top 20 team, the crowd was loud and UConn needed every one of freshman Tina Charles's 20 points that night.

j66kicker and his wife were very gracious hosts.
Was the Al McGuire Center open then? It seems like a great place for a women's game, holding about 3,700.

Reaction Score
Was the Al McGuire Center open then? It seems like a great place for a women's game, holding about 3,700.
Yeah it was open then. Great venue. The game Cat mentioned was one of those frustrating "Charde" games. She said the temp was "below zero", but she didn't say how far below zero. That night was, "My hand just froze to the door handle" cold. Burrrrr....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yeah it was open then. Great venue. The game Cat mentioned was one of those frustrating "Charde" games. She said the temp was "below zero", but she didn't say how far below zero. That night was, "My hand just froze to the door handle" cold. Burrrrr....
My granddaughter grew up in Southern California. I hope she survives.

I didn't know you are a Cheesehead. ;)

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Well no commits for 2018. Williams will go to texas or sc. ONO TO SC TOO :(

ONO may go to Georgia if she doesn't mind playing in front of 2000 fans or less; if she wants an electric atmosphere she'll come to USC.

Reaction Score
My granddaughter grew up in Southern California. I hope she survives.

I didn't know you are a Cheesehead. ;)
Just a temporary cheesehead for 5 years or so. Nice place though. Probably have a triangular foam hat in the closet somewhere.

Reaction Score
ONO may go to Georgia if she doesn't mind playing in front of 2000 fans or less; if she wants an electric atmosphere she'll come to USC.

you forgot one other possibility............if she wants to play in front of an electric atmosphere and lose to UConn she should choose USC...............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I would like to see her anywhere but Baylor, I still think she'll end up at Louisville.

Talked to her dad and it's a VERY STRONG possibility that SC will land DeCosta. He stated she was absolutely blown away with the visit. Not only did she love the school, football game, and family atmosphere but he said she loved the system SC runs and where Dawn will play her.

Prior to their visit (Nelson-Ododa, Williams, & DeCosta) I really didn't know where SC stood with them. But I can honestly say that SC made up ground on all of them. I wouldn't be surprised if we landed some if not all.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Prior to their visit (Nelson-Ododa, Williams, & DeCosta) I really didn't know where SC stood with them. But I can honestly say that SC made up ground on all of them.
Which schools did USC make up ground on?

Reaction Score
Which schools did USC make up ground on?

Honestly I thought for ONO SC at least led or was neck and neck with UGA and FSU. After this weekend I think SC is in good standing and has the best shot out of everyone.

DeCosta is tricky, because Louisville and Tenn and been in on her for so long so they could lead but with the way she and her father spoke of the University this weekend I can say it's anyone's game.

Williams was the one SC had to make up ground on and honestly I think we did. Judging by the way she was having fun around the players and staff on Snapchat I think she left SC very impressed. Not sure who leads but I think SC is now currently up there near the top for her Committment.

SC could land all 3, just 2, 1 or none. But I don't think the latter will happen simply because what they experienced on their OV. Stay tuned these next 2 months is going to be very interesting.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Talked to her dad and it's a VERY STRONG possibility that SC will land DeCosta. He stated she was absolutely blown away with the visit. Not only did she love the school, football game, and family atmosphere but he said she loved the system SC runs and where Dawn will play her.

Prior to their visit (Nelson-Ododa, Williams, & DeCosta) I really didn't know where SC stood with them. But I can honestly say that SC made up ground on all of them. I wouldn't be surprised if we landed some if not all.

California to South Carolina...would be like the reverse of the Beverly Hillbillies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
you forgot one other possibility..if she wants to play in front of an electric atmosphere and lose to UConn she should choose USC.....:rolleyes:

Big talk considering that South Carolina won the most recent NC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Honestly I thought for ONO SC at least led or was neck and neck with UGA and FSU. After this weekend I think SC is in good standing and has the best shot out of everyone.

DeCosta is tricky, because Louisville and Tenn and been in on her for so long so they could lead but with the way she and her father spoke of the University this weekend I can say it's anyone's game.

Williams was the one SC had to make up ground on and honestly I think we did. Judging by the way she was having fun around the players and staff on Snapchat I think she left SC very impressed. Not sure who leads but I think SC is now currently up there near the top for her Committment.

SC could land all 3, just 2, 1 or none. But I don't think the latter will happen simply because what they experienced on their OV. Stay tuned these next 2 months is going to be very interesting.

Didnt I read somewhere that She is interested in academics?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Which non UConn recruit do you think will have the best freshman year? In this 2017 class.
Chennedy Carter. She's skilled and aggressive. She's like Schimmel and Slocum, maybe better. She'll be with a team without much elite level talent, so she'll stand out.

Reaction Score
Chennedy Carter. She's skilled and aggressive. She's like Schimmel and Slocum, maybe better. She'll be with a team without much elite level talent, so she'll stand out.

still waiting for the derivation of that first name........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom