Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 32 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How does Jordan Horston compair to Jackson and Miller? does she have any uconn interest?
She compares very favorably offensively to both. Miller is a 2/1, Jackson 3/4 and Horston is 2/3.
Defensively she is a few step behind both. Have not heard of any UCONN interest in Horston.

Reaction Score
She compares very favorably offensively to both. Miller is a 2/1, Jackson 3/4 and Horston is 2/3.
Defensively she is a few step behind both. Have not heard of any UCONN interest in Horston.

She looks like a big play maker, sort of like Jacki Gemelos to me, I've only seen highlight videos thought.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

To see her develop to her full potential, I'd love to see Jordan Horston go to Uconn. But for selfish reasons, I'd love for her to stay home at OSU so I can see her play regularly. haha

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
To see her develop to her full potential, I'd love to see Jordan Horston go to Uconn. But for selfish reasons, I'd love for her to stay home at OSU so I can see her play regularly. haha
Between Bell, Horston & Cooke would not be surprised to see one end up at tOSU because Kevin can recruit. Player development is as you state-another matter entirely.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Texas do not have anymore scholarships. That was there last one.
Two of the 5 (Now 6 with Collier) 2018 Texas commits will be politely asked to look elsewhere if CW says yes. White may also not return in 2018.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I sense Raul is enjoying this:

1. Meanwhile, UConn joins Ohio State in having no commitments for 2018
  2. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 23m23 minutes ago
    Texas WBB now has 5 2018 commits: Audrey Warren 5-9 PG Joanne Allen-Taylor 5-8 SG Shae Routt 6-0 W Charli Collier 6-4 F Sedona Prince 6-7 C

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 33m33 minutes ago
  3. WBB: Charli Collier, 6-4 F, Barbers Hill High (TX), has announced her decommitment from UConn and her commitment to Texas; espnW #2 in 2018.

Of course he is!!! Anytime he can toss a stone at the UCONN house he will.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas do not have anymore scholarships. That was there last one.
Please stop acting like you know Texas' scholarship situation; you are a Baylor fan who does nothing but slam Texas and Coach Aston on the Baylor board. Earlier today, you were posting that the twins would still be around next season when one of them clearly will complete her senior season in 2017-18.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Two of the 5 (Now 6 with Collier) 2018 Texas commits will be politely asked to look elsewhere if CW says yes. White may also not return in 2018.
Texas only has 5 verbals at the moment or 2018.

We have two redshirt juniors (Jatarie White and Khaleann Caron-Goudreau); I have no clue if either or both is set to return to Texas for their fifth year of eligibility. Khaleann's twin sister, Audrey-Ann is a senior this coming season, so she will definitely be departing.

Numbers are tight, no doubt.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Texas only has 5 verbals at the moment or 2018.

We have two redshirt juniors (Jatarie White and Khaleann Caron-Goudreau); I have no clue if either or both is set to return to Texas for their fifth year of eligibility. Khaleann's twin sister, Audrey-Ann is a senior this coming season, so she will definitely be departing.

Numbers are tight, no doubt.

ESPN has you at 5 (without Collier). Prince, Allen-Taylor,Davenport, Routt, & Warren.
2018 High School Girls' Basketball Recruits - Texas - ESPN

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Between Bell, Horston & Cooke would not be surprised to see one end up at tOSU because Kevin can recruit. Player development is as you state-another matter entirely.

That's really nice of you to say, but I'm not sure he can recruit (outside his questionable tactics). More and more I'm thinking it was Joy Cheek's work. I'm hearing grumbles that not a lot of Ohio kids are keen on OSU at the present. So, I guess we'll see.

Gabby Hutcherson and Anyssa Jones are two other Central Ohio players (class of 2020) who are getting more D1 attention as of late. I think UCLA, Tennessee, Duke, and Florida State all came to their school recently to watch them play, so McGuff could get a solid enough collection of talent from Ohio alone in the next few years...we'll just see if the tides change.

Reaction Score
Well with Collier changing her mind, I think that will steer C. Williams away from Uconn. And ONO is not leaving the south. We may habe 0 recruits foe 2018 :(

This is what happens when you have a class like UConn did this year with Walker, Coombs, Gordon, and Espinoza-Hunter. Most recruits don't want to go somewhere and sit on the bench for four years. The same thing happened after the class of Stewart, Jefferson, and Tuck when Chong was the only recruit we landed. The next year UConn landed Nurse, Williams, and Ekmark. Recruiting is cyclical and I look for Coach Auriemma and UConn to have a really good class in 2019. If UConn is able to land Brunelle. Jones, and Boston then nobody will even remember Collier.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
That's really nice of you to say, but I'm not sure he can recruit (outside his questionable tactics). More and more I'm thinking it was Joy Cheek's work. I'm hearing grumbles that not a lot of Ohio kids are keen on OSU at the present. So, I guess we'll see.

Gabby Hutcherson and Anyssa Jones are two other Central Ohio players (class of 2020) who are getting more D1 attention as of late. I think UCLA, Tennessee, Duke, and Florida State all came to their school recently to watch them play, so McGuff could get a solid enough collection of talent from Ohio alone in the next few years...we'll just see if the tides change.

I'm really surprised by McGuff's struggles at tOSU. He had a good thing going at Xavier and quickly turned around UW during his brief stay in Seattle. Neighbors continued to build on that but McGuff got them heading the right direction.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I'm really surprised by McGuff's struggles at tOSU. He had a good thing going at Xavier and quickly turned around UW during his brief stay in Seattle. Neighbors continued to build on that but McGuff got them heading the right direction.

I think losing Joy Cheek hurt at tOSU.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is what happens when you have a class like UConn did this year with Walker, Coombs, Gordon, and Espinoza-Hunter. Most recruits don't want to go somewhere and sit on the bench for four years. The same thing happened after the class of Stewart, Jefferson, and Tuck when Chong was the only recruit we landed. The next year UConn landed Nurse, Williams, and Ekmark. Recruiting is cyclical and I look for Coach Auriemma and UConn to have a really good class in 2019. If UConn is able to land Brunelle. Jones, and Boston then nobody will even remember Collier.
I don't necessarily agree. Megan Walker is the only elite recruit in that class. Coombs may end up being very good (like Kalana Greene or Renee Montgomery), but the other 2 were not elite recruits.

Doesn't mean they won't become elite, or become great players for UCONN, but it's not like UCONN loaded up with Stewie, Tuck and Jefferson.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aren't all of UConn's incoming Fr. guards/wings? I don't know how that would scare off a post player from committing. Or a true PG. I know there's a move toward positionless BB, but you still have to have some size on the court.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Neighbors was involved at Xavier as well, who has come out to be quite a good coach. So, he may have had a bigger hand on those programs improvements than previously thought.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Neighbors was involved at Xavier as well, who has come out to be quite a good coach. So, he may have had a bigger hand on those programs improvements than previously thought.

I'm waiting to see how he does at Arkansas. At UW he ran a system that worked really well with the players he had. Don't think he can really replicate that system without players like Plum and Osahor. Good luck to him finding anything similar, both were fairly unique. Will have to give him a few years to recruit there before judging his results. Would've been really interesting to see how well he would've done w/ the Huskies this year if he'd stayed--the roster is fairly depleted.

Reaction Score
I don't necessarily agree. Megan Walker is the only elite recruit in that class. Coombs may end up being very good (like Kalana Greene or Renee Montgomery), but the other 2 were not elite recruits.

Doesn't mean they won't become elite, or become great players for UCONN, but it's not like UCONN loaded up with Stewie, Tuck and Jefferson.

What are you talking about? They are all in the Top 30 with Walker #1, Coombs #13, Espinoza-Hunter #16, and Gordon #29. That's not elite?

Reaction Score
Aren't all of UConn's incoming Fr. guards/wings? I don't know how that would scare off a post player from committing. Or a true PG. I know there's a move toward positionless BB, but you still have to have some size on the court.

Who said it would scare off a post player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom