Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN played better when they had a true center though.

for sure..............we've been very lucky to have two extraordinary smaller players take up the slack............that said, there's certainly something reassuring about having a big body guarding the lane

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If true, and it certainly seems to be, I wish her the best. I hate to lose her but she's a high school kid and I want her to end up wherever she feels most comfortable.

Reaction Score
Well with Collier changing her mind, I think that will steer C. Williams away from Uconn. And ONO is not leaving the south. We may habe 0 recruits foe 2018 :(

Reaction Score
Well with Collier changing her mind, I think that will steer C. Williams away from Uconn. And ONO is not leaving the south. We may habe 0 recruits foe 2018 :(
Things happen for a reason, with the great 2017 class already on board missing out on some 2018 kids could help steer some top 2019 kids towards uconn.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's possible, but I sure hope not. If so, that puts pressure on 2019, especially for bigs. Boston would become imperative.

Maybe Geno saw a foreigner he likes in his travels.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yea we are doomed..:eek:
UCONN can recover by signing ONO and or Williams

UCONN can reload with the 2019 class of ANY 3 of these players:
C: Boston
PF: Amiere
SF: Brunelle or Rikea Jackson
SG: Haley Jones/Bre Beal
PG: Diamond Miller/Cooke

Reaction Score
IF it turns out to be Collier what are the chances that she may not head to Texas as some are speculating and instead commit to Baylor? As we know Mulkey only has two commits for 2018 and does have a connection to Collier.

Reaction Score
I'm not feeling very charitable toward the Longhorns. I hope we obliterate them on the court. They have now moved into a group with Tennessee and Notre Dame for me.
I never did feel very charitable toward Texas, being an Oklahoma alum. Already having an intense dislike for the color orange (Texas, Oklahoma State), Tennessee fell right in line when I became UConn WCBB fan. It was a great thrill to be in Atlanta and watch Diana's 2003 team steal the semifinal game from that very good Jody Conradt team. They haven't gotten back to that same level since. I'm hopping over to Austin in January to see our game with them, which will hopefully be at top 5 matchup, and hopefully be a classic UConn beatdown for the ages.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I never did feel very charitable toward Texas, being an Oklahoma alum. Already having an intense dislike for the color orange (Texas, Oklahoma State), Tennessee fell right in line when I became UConn WCBB fan. It was a great thrill to be in Atlanta and watch Diana's 2003 team steal the semifinal game from that very good Jody Conradt team. They haven't gotten back to that same level since. I'm hopping over to Austin in January to see our game with them, which will hopefully be at top 5 matchup, and hopefully be a classic UConn beatdown for the ages.

I was there too. I still can't believe the Huskies won that game. Aston was on Jody's staff back then so I'm sure she remembers it well.

We had our Texas beatdown in Albany 3 years ago. I'll settle for a win.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I bet you don't even like orange juice :p

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

You get two of those players and you're in great shape.
I saw Miller play in person during the NJ Tournament of Champions, as well as on-line during the summer when she was on the national team. She's one of those people I think of as "basketball player" -- she can do a number of things very well and virtually everything better than most. But I'm not certain being PG is her strength -- not because she can't run an offense, but focusing "merely" on the point would take her away from all her slashing, posting up and rebounding, which she does exceedingly well. She and Haley Jones/Beal on the same team would be a nightmare for the opposition.

That said, I think there's room for her on any team, particularly one that has multiple guard-wing types working in a motion offense, like UConn.....and Notre Dame ;) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nelson-Ododa will take an official visit SC this weekend:

Along with #1 Christyn Williams, #4 Aquira DeCosta, and #9 Destanni Henderson. Hope Dawn, the Coaching staff, and the players can convince them to become Gamecocks!!!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Well no commits for 2018. Williams will go to texas or sc. ONO TO SC TOO :(

I think you are placing way too much emphasis on who Williams is friends with in predicting where she will land. In reality, whether or not a friend is going to a certain school ranks right above whether or not the locker room has single or 2 ply toilet paper for about 99% of these recruits. Coaching, tradition. academics, playing time, facilities, etc are all much more important.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well no commits for 2018. Williams will go to texas or sc. ONO TO SC TOO :(

You let some other team win the National Championship ONCE and everything goes to hell, I guess. JK, y'all will be fine.

But purely as a fan, de-commits suck. Of course, the most important thing is that the young ladies are happy with their new choice.

Reaction Score
well Texas may be stacked next year but we're stacked right now...............this only makes winning another championship this season all the more important...........

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You let some other team win the National Championship ONCE and everything goes to hell, I guess. JK, y'all will be fine.

But purely as a fan, de-commits suck. Of course, the most important thing is that the young ladies are happy with their new choice.

Obviously I'd take a de-commit over a transfer any day of the week.

Reaction Score
I sense Raul is enjoying this:

1. Meanwhile, UConn joins Ohio State in having no commitments for 2018
  2. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 23m23 minutes ago
    Texas WBB now has 5 2018 commits: Audrey Warren 5-9 PG Joanne Allen-Taylor 5-8 SG Shae Routt 6-0 W Charli Collier 6-4 F Sedona Prince 6-7 C

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 33m33 minutes ago
  3. WBB: Charli Collier, 6-4 F, Barbers Hill High (TX), has announced her decommitment from UConn and her commitment to Texas; espnW #2 in 2018.

Reaction Score

How does Jordan Horston compair to Jackson and Miller? does she have any uconn interest?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I know what it's like. When Davis decided to go GT instead of Tenn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom