Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 29 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Boothe, Collier, Prince, and Holmes is a deep front court but could cause a log jam. Also hearing if this happens Egbo will pick Baylor.

It would be a log jam but I'm sure Aston won't mind that problem. She'll just have to figure out how to keep them all happy.

Reaction Score
Boothe, Collier, Prince, and Holmes is a deep front court but could cause a log jam. Also hearing if this happens Egbo will pick Baylor.
Not to mention jatari white still has 3 more years of eligibility. Also have the twins for a couple of more years. I think it will be a transfer sooner or later from Texas.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not to mention jatari white still has 3 more years of eligibility. Also have the twins for a couple of more years. I think it will be a transfer sooner or later from Texas.
White has 2 years of eligibility remaining. 1 year a way from WNBA if she likes.

Reaction Score
I highly doubt her announcement that she's de-committing is being timed to coincide with her birthday. That would be strange to say the least.
I don't think she is waiting until her birthday to de-commit, I think she will also announce the school she will commit to. Her birthday is the perfect time to announce her new future plans

Reaction Score
I don't think she is waiting until her birthday to de-commit, I think she will also announce the school she will commit to. Her birthday is the perfect time to announce her new future plans

I don't think a birthday or any day is an appropriate day to "celebrate" decommitting from a school that has based much of it's future recruiting on your original decision..........perhaps better to make a simple statement about the reason for the change of school with a nice thank you to that team would be the right way to handle it

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
based solely on some twitter stories....nothing would make me happier then to find out it was all a hoax

You're usually the Twitter guy. Am I mistaken that Collier used to have some kind of blurb about being a future Husky on her feed that is no longer there?

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
There is a claim that Aston never did stop recruiting Collier even after she committed to UConn. I understand these girls are not held to their commitment until signing day, but going after a girl that has already committed to Geno is pretty "cut throat."

Reaction Score
You're usually the Twitter guy. Am I mistaken that Collier used to have some kind of blurb about being a future Husky on her feed that is no longer there?

haven't been on her page much lately..........she still has plenty of older tweets regarding UConn and still has her pics with Geno etc........a bit late to play detective on this if today is the day...........just have to see how it plays out

Reaction Score
a verbal is just that, nothing in writing................very common for coaches to "touch base" with verbally committed players especially when they are "local" and talented..................it takes two to tango but I'm sure Geno will keep it in mind if it turns out that it was an Aston full court press that prompted Charli's decommitment.........

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

In lieu of the "Texas-related commit news," this is merely a footnote, but I've seen Emily Engstler play and with some strong coaching think she could make a contribution with her inside-developing outside play.

Charlie -- think of her as a bit more athletic, intense version of Faith Masonius.
Plays very intensely...if they keep track of 50/50 balls, she'll win that contest every time.
With some good, directed coaching, I think she could be a positive addition to teams that could use a forward (and that's what she is). Usually easier to rein in the energy than try to add it.

She's been to Ohio State, but the Miami visit was curtailed due to Irma (I think the U is closed until October) and she's got Syracuse to go. The Orange have brought in a lot of international forwards...this would be an "interesting" mix.

Reaction Score
In lieu of the "Texas-related commit news," this is merely a footnote, but I've seen Emily Engstler play and with some strong coaching think she could make a contribution with her inside-developing outside play.

Charlie -- think of her as a bit more athletic, intense version of Faith Masonius.
Plays very intensely...if they keep track of 50/50 balls, she'll win that contest every time.
With some good, directed coaching, I think she could be a positive addition to teams that could use a forward (and that's what she is). Usually easier to rein in the energy than try to add it.

She's been to Ohio State, but the Miami visit was curtailed due to Irma (I think the U is closed until October) and she's got Syracuse to go. The Orange have brought in a lot of international forwards...this would be an "interesting" mix.

yes, watched some video of her, real blood and guts type, she better know how to speak French if she plans on going to Syracuse...........

Reaction Score
Sorry to disagree, but NO coach "touches base" after getting a no from a recruit unless the intent is to get the recruit to decommit. Do you think Geno and Chris touch base? Doubt it.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Sorry to disagree, but NO coach "touches base" after getting a no from a recruit unless the intent is to get the recruit to decommit. Do you think Geno and Chris touch base? Doubt it.
All coaches (Geno and Chris included) should touch base until NLI is signed. There are usually no bad intentions in that process. These are 16/17 year old kids, God forbid they change theirs minds.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Committed recruit and family decide whether to continue any kind of communication with other coaching staffs; their choice, and no one else's.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Committed recruit and family decide whether to continue any kind of communication with other coaching staffs; their choice, and no one else's.
Not really, the NCAA decides. There is no commitment on either side until the signing of NLI. "Signing a National Letter of Intent ends the recruiting process because participating schools are prohibited from recruiting student-athletes who have already signed letters with other participating schools.
Once signed the NLI prohibits the athlete from contacting any other schools without getting a release.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not really, the NCAA decides. There is no commitment on either side until the signing of NLI. "Signing a National Letter of Intent ends the recruiting process because participating schools are prohibited from recruiting student-athletes who have already signed letters with other participating schools.
Once signed the NLI prohibits the athlete from contacting any other schools without getting a release.
Agreed. I stated "committed recruit", not "signed recruit".

Honestly, in this age of texting and tweeting, I'm sure there are plenty of collegiate coaches who are wishing Charli C a "Happy Birthday" today. It's not just about actual phone calls any more.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
SHOULD??
Yes should. I have no idea what Geno & Chris actually do, they represent UCONN. UCONN is rarely in second position (one of having to maintain contact after a verbal). But here we are with Charli and we should have.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Agreed. I stated "committed recruit", not "signed recruit".

Honestly, in this age of texting and tweeting, I'm sure there are plenty of collegiate coaches who are wishing Charli C a "Happy Birthday" today. It's not just about actual phone calls any more.
There is a more recent concrete example. Christyn Williams down selected her list to exclude South Carolina. Dawn maintained contact, went on an in home visit and SC is back in the mix.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
There is a more recent concrete example. Christyn Williams down selected her list to exclude South Carolina. Dawn maintained contact, went on an in home visit and SC is back in the mix.
Not only that, but she went as far as scheduling her 5 official visits, and took her first one to UCLA on Labor Day weekend before deciding to alter her visit list in favor of South Carolina, a school which she had not listed among her top 5-8 schools for months (as far as we know).

Granted, she was never verbally committed to a specific school, but the contact/calls/texts/tweets continues for schools she supposedly eliminated from consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom