Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 30 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Not only that, but she went as far as scheduling her 5 official visits, and took her first one to UCLA on Labor Day weekend before deciding to alter her visit list in favor of South Carolina, a school which she had not listed among her top 5-8 schools for months (as far as we know).

Granted, she was never verbally committed to a specific school, but the contact/calls/texts/tweets continues for schools she supposedly eliminated from consideration.
Exactly. In business one might call that doing due diligence. Maintain contact until the NLI is signed if for no other reason than to find out why you weren't selected. I'm not saying they would or should do it but UCONN might consider "contacting" Prince. Prince was high on UCONN at one time.

Reaction Score
Yes should. I have no idea what Geno & Chris actually do, they represent UCONN. UCONN is rarely in second position (one of having to maintain contact after a verbal). But here we are with Charli and we should have.

Not sure what you're saying here.............do you think in this case that the UConn staff has not been communicating with Charlie since her verbal? That's highly unlikely.............as far as I know Geno and staff give specific guidance to each recruit about what they want them to work on during their final high school season and check in with them regularly............if this decommit story is true, I would find it difficult to believe it was due to a lack of "love" on UConn's part..............sometimes in the end recruits just can't make that jump far from home even if it is to the long term detriment of their game.............

Reaction Score
Exactly. In business one might call that doing due diligence. Maintain contact until the NLI is signed if for no other reason than to find out why you weren't selected. I'm not saying they would or should do it but UCONN might consider "contacting" Prince. Prince was high on UCONN at one time.

Prince, Collier and Christyn Williams all played together on the CY-Fair Elite AAU team...........highly unlikely Prince will leave the state of Texas even if she was worried about playing time and unfortunately more likely that Williams will want to join her pals in Austin

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what makes y'all think it's Charli Collier! She already decommitted from Texas to commit to UCONN! This is just my opinion but I think she's too classy to even attempt to do something like this again. Honestly what school would want a kid that does that??? Not going in too much on this but I really don't think it's Charlie! #timewilltell

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm not sure what makes y'all think it's Charli Collier! She already decommitted from Texas to commit to UCONN! This is just my opinion but I think she's too classy to even attempt to do something like this again. Honestly what school would want a kid that does that???
It would probably be easier ( shorter ) to list the schools that would not want a kid like Charli Collier and that list would NOT include UCONN.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Prince, Collier and Christyn Williams all played together on the CY-Fair Elite AAU team......highly unlikely Prince will leave the state of Texas even if she was worried about playing time and unfortunately more likely that Williams will want to join her pals in Austin
Before Prince played with Charli and Christyn Williams she played with Lexi Gordon and here what she had to say about Lexi;
It's crazy," Prince said with a laugh. "Lexi's so amazing. We're good friends. I'm getting used to it. It's funny because you have coaches recruiting you and you have AAU coaches that are interested in what you're doing. I have Lexi. She's the best at it because you can always talk to her."
Prince reaching new heights and for the stars

Prince final 5 came down to UCONN, ND, Oregon State, Texas & SMU. Interesting also to note that Prince recommitted to Texas 2 weeks before Charli Collier committed to UCONN. If Collier is going to Texas then UCONN should consider counter punching by reinserting Lexi in Prince's ear. We already know that Lexi is in Christyn ear.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
There is a more recent concrete example. Christyn Williams down selected her list to exclude South Carolina. Dawn maintained contact, went on an in home visit and SC is back in the mix.

Perhaps another example from ND and New York City:
There was mutual interest between ND and Jordan Nixon, but when Jenna Brown initially committed to the Irish, Miss Nixon expectedly took the Irish off her list of finalists. Once Jenna de-committed from the Irish, ND reappeared on Nixon's finalist list and took an official tour of ND when the Irish's other three commits (Danielle Cosgrove, Abby Prohaska and Katlyn Gilbert) were also on campus. I'm sure Niele Ivey and/or MM hit the phone lines to New York City once Jenna Brown de-committed.

Of course, there's no guarantee this will work: Nixon has also toured UCLA, Ohio State and UVA, with Georgia coming up. Hopefully, news will be forthcoming shortly thereafter on that front. Although they only played together a year, hoping the Nixon-Danielle Patterson connection from Mary Louis Academy will play a factor for the Irish.
Stay tuned.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Uconn did just fine after EDD left. Collier is talented but not as talented as EDD. The talent on this season's team is a lot deeper than the one EDD left behind so the damage should not be as bad. They will miss Collier but they will continue to succeed without her if the player involved is indeed Collier. I hope they can get solid commitments from the other bigs they are recruiting.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Lefty Driesell was known to say after one of his recruits committed to another school: "Good, now we know who the competition is."

If Collier wanted to attend UConn she'd still be committed and it wouldn't matter what another coach said or did. Time to move on.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Would definitely add some delicious spice to the UConn vs. Texas rivalry if this is true.

I'm hoping it's not though because Geno's basically gonna set up camp in Nelson-Ododa's living room if it is true.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what makes y'all think it's Charli Collier! She already decommitted from Texas to commit to UCONN! This is just my opinion but I think she's too classy to even attempt to do something like this again. Honestly what school would want a kid that does that??? Not going in too much on this but I really don't think it's Charlie! #timewilltell

Would definitely add some delicious spice to the UConn vs. Texas rivalry if this is true.

I'm hoping it's not though because Geno's basically gonna set up camp in Nelson-Ododa's living room if it is true.

He certainly would have the need to do that but it's not Geno's style..............he doesn't want players that haven't totally bought in to the program..............if he has to beg a recruit to join the team he won't want them...........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
just trying to rub it in huh....;)

Naw, I didn't realize there was anything to "rub it in" about until I visited this page to share Raoul's tweet. I've been disconnected from the day-to-day of recruiting hype for this fall signing period. I'm still suffering fatigue from Walker-mania.

Reaction Score
Naw, I didn't realize there was anything to "rub it in" about until I visited this page to share Raoul's tweet. I've been disconnected from the day-to-day of recruiting hype for this fall signing period. I'm still suffering fatigue from Walker-mania.

I know.......I know.............those damn burnt orange sneakers

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I certainly hope that Williams don't commit to SC.

Reaction Score
I could just be philosophical and say that UConn has played pretty well without a true center for a while now..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I could just be philosophical and say that UConn has played pretty well without a true center for a while now.....
UCONN played better when they had a true center though.

Reaction Score
I'm not feeling very charitable toward the Longhorns. I hope we obliterate them on the court. They have now moved into a group with Tennessee and Notre Dame for me.

I'm holding off on that until I know the whole story..........if it turns out there was a lot of activity from Aston's side then yes, Texas will be added to my ever growing list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom