Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 94 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Aijha Blackwell and Esmery Martinez (committed) are on their Official Visits to Mississippi State. Would be huge if Vic could add her or Rickea Jackson (who will be in Starkville soon, likely 9/28) to his 2019 class

Attachments

• 930D5969-F3B7-4A58-99AB-F37596F8D48D.jpeg
    930D5969-F3B7-4A58-99AB-F37596F8D48D.jpeg
    383.5 KB · Views: 51
Reaction Score
Maybe MTM wants to just concentrate on basketball.At N.D.they require their students to do crazy stuff like ,go to classes,study,and have actual professors put burdens on them.:cool:

If I'm not mistaken the NCAA expunged an entire season of results for the Irish due to academic fraud involving having surrogates write term papers for athletes.

I don't think fans of either school are in a position to cast stones at anyone.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score

Thought she would end up at Notre Dame, to be honest. Maybe a clearer path to playing time at UNC? Or ND is holding that spot for someone else? Or she just liked UNC better (but come on that's ridiculous ;))

ND really needs to sign at least one more for 2019 and competition for Jones, Amihere, and Boston will be intense. I'm intrigued...and a bit nervous. I had talked myself into MTM as a sort of "backup plan" in case ND doesn't get Amihere or Boston.

UNC is recruiting well. They have two top-25 commits in 2020.

Both LaToya (Pringle) Sanders and Jessica Breland--former Tar Heels--played very well in the WNBA this year.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Anyone know if Zia Cooke is visiting anywhere this weekend? Rickea Jackson is on her official to visit; supposedly, a second unidentified 2019 recruit is also on campus for an official visit.

Reaction Score
So this is their first OV without Horston. Will be very interesting to see where Rickea takes her final two official visits and whether or not Zia joins her. Also very interested to see if the trio or duo (w/o Horston) all end up at the same school. Zia has not formally announced a list yet. According to Rickea’s mother, she will be at Mississippi State soon likely 9/28 possibly with Zia.

Edit: Just read Rickea (likely with Zia) will be at Louisville next weekend

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
It is my understanding, too, they are visiting Louisville next weekend.
Griffin and Boyd this weekend. Blackwell and Beal are the final two expected to be on campus but have yet to hear dates on them.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I will stick with my prediction that Rickea and Zia will sign with the same school, but Horston will go elsewhere.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I will stick with my prediction that Rickea and Zia will sign with the same school, but Horston will go elsewhere.

I’ve been saying that for months. It’s what i was told was going to happen ;)

Reaction Score
Stop trolling! You know damn well that UCONN is still in the hunt (perhaps leading) for #1 Jones, #2 Horston , #3 Boston in the 2019 class! # 4 in 2019 Brunelle wanted to sign up with UCONN but was turned away-but you already knew that!
Coco, I think you’re overestimating this guy. I don’t think he knows any of this.

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see where they end up. Mississippi State has lots of top prospects with just a few (1 maybe 2) schollies left. They will possibly be getting the last visit for that duo. Would depend if anyone else commits by then. I could really see them at any of those schools

Reaction Score
Agree. Boothe has all the tools to be a really special player...just needs to improve her ability to play within a system. Going to a school where she’s the star might be great for her. I don’t love Aston, but Rellah not being an impact player for Texas is on Rellah rather than Aston. Same with Holmes last year. Atkins on the other hand...that’s on Aston IMO.
Anyone who receives the opportunity to get a scholarship from Texas and can’t perform the simple task of getting into condition to play at that level does not have all the tools to be a special player. And Aston is to blame also for not making her get in condition before putting her on the floor.

Reaction Score
I agree that Joyner was held back not due to Aston, but due to her being ineligible a whole semester. Kept her out of practices and preseason games. Had trouble regaining freshman season form, but she certainly did not underperform her freshman season

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Anyone who receives the opportunity to get a scholarship from Texas and can’t perform the simple task of getting into condition to play at that level does not have all the tools to be a special player. And Aston is to blame also for not making her get in condition before putting her on the floor.

I should have said physical tools. If she can improve work ethic and change her mentality she could be a beast. I don't think conditioning was the main issue as much as she was playing selfish basketball and making poor decisions when she did get time. Aston did bench her too, Rellah only played in about half of their games and logged just 10 mpg...very low for the #3 recruit in the country. Her stated reason for leaving was lack of playing time.

Reaction Score
I should have said physical tools. If she can improve work ethic and change her mentality she could be a beast. I don't think conditioning was the main issue as much as she was playing selfish basketball and making poor decisions when she did get time. Aston did bench her too, Rellah only played in about half of their games and logged just 10 mpg...very low for the #3 recruit in the country. Her stated reason for leaving was lack of playing time.

Joyner still has a chance to become a great player................that's totally up to her and her coaches/.................I don't know anybody that didn't think there was a good chance Boothe was going to wash out at Texas..........she's the poster child for the kind of player Geno runs away from..........

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Joyner still has a chance to become a great player......that's totally up to her and her coaches/.......I don't know anybody that didn't think there was a good chance Boothe was going to wash out at Texas.....she's the poster child for the kind of player Geno runs away from.....

I agree about Joyner. Definitely has the skills and ability to be a great player. Last year was pretty much wasted due to the suspension and her being so far behind the curve when she came back. If she works hard in the offseason and comes to training camp ready to go she should be a 15ppg scorer for Texas. The 2016 class has been somewhat underwhelming as a whole, but I could definitely see many highly rated players from that class hitting their stride this year. Any/all of Holmes, Boley, Slocum, Sutton and Dangerfield could be primed to breakout this year.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Really hoping Coach Yo (as she is called) can resurrect the Ole Miss program. She is slowing adding pieces and i was impressed with her Jacksonville teams so if she can recruit at the P5 level she will push her way up the SEC food chain.

Reaction Score
  1. Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 4h4 hours ago
    WBB: Top-10 2019 prospect Aijha Blackwell (MO) is taking an official to Louisville this weekend (originally scheduled for October); she visited Mississippi State last wkd., with Kansas scheduled for next wkd.; other finalists: Mizzou, Ohio State, SLU
  2. l‏ @Raoul_000 5h5 hours ago
    WBB: Top-35 ranked Endyia Rogers (TX) is visiting Texas this weekend; previous OV to Ohio State; other reported finalists are Mississippi State, Southern Cal, and Tennessee, although she also had a home visit recently with Rutgers

Reaction Score
Turned away? How is that when u were the number 1 recruit in the country. Who would pass up that. Doesn’t make sense she got passed up.. did it occur that Sam decided that ND was the right place for her? Seems that every time a top recruit decides on another school it’s we backed off...sam even said she was offered a scholly from UCONN so that wouldn’t change in less then a year ... she frankly backed off on UCONN not the other way around.. she took visits and knew ND was a better fit.. it happens

Brunelle was 1000000% not offered a scholarship at UConn. She may be rated as the #1 recruit, but anybody that has watched her play for more than 30 seconds can tell you that she is definitely not the best recruit in America. Don't get me wrong, she is a great player! She is just not on the same level as Boston, Jones, Horston, Bueckers, Fudd, etc. There is a reason that she got the 2nd fewest minutes of anybody on the U17 team. There were also posts on here by a "family friend" of Brunelle, that stated UConn had backed off long before she committed to Notre Dame. Stop trolling, it's really not a good look.

Reaction Score
Brunelle was 1000000% not offered a scholarship at UConn. She may be rated as the #1 recruit, but anybody that has watched her play for more than 30 seconds can tell you that she is definitely not the best recruit in America. Don't get me wrong, she is a great player! She is just not on the same level as Boston, Jones, Horston, Bueckers, Fudd, etc. There is a reason that she got the 2nd fewest minutes of anybody on the U17 team. There were also posts on here by a "family friend" of Brunelle, that stated UConn had backed off long before she committed to Notre Dame. Stop trolling, it's really not a good look.
She said herself that she received an offer, on an unofficial visit. Maybe UConn rescinded the offer, but how do you do that? You do that by backing off. I'm sure she noticed. To say she was 1000000000% not offered is ignorant. She was offered at one point. The recruit herself is the most credible source.

Reaction Score
She said herself that she received an offer, on an unofficial visit. Maybe UConn rescinded the offer, but how do you do that? You do that by backing off. I'm sure she noticed. To say she was 1000000000% not offered is ignorant. She was offered at one point. The recruit herself is the most credible source.

And it was written by a reporter(I forget which one) that she did NOT receive an offer. Maybe she was just trying to save face? Did you ever think of that? UConn is known for not officially offering scholarships until a recruit takes an official visit.

Reaction Score
And it was written by a reporter(I forget which one) that she did NOT receive an offer. Maybe she was just trying to save face? Did you ever think of that? UConn is known for not officially offering scholarships until a recruit takes an official visit.

Ummm let’s get over it. Whether she did or didn’t she’s not going to UConn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul