Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 95 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
A Maybe she was just trying to save face? Did you ever think of that?
No!
a33.jpg

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Jazmin Shelley (5’9” - 2019 Aus.) is on her Official Visit to Oregon State. Reported Oregon, Texas, South Carolina, and Nebraska are a possibility of other finalists.

Didn’t even know we were looking at International players. Who’s reporting this?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Recruiting update from ESPNW

i

Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo, niece of former NBA star Dikembe Mutombo and one of the top women's basketball recruits in the 2019 class, on Friday committed to North Carolina.

The 6-foot-3 senior post player at St. John's College High School (Washington, D.C.) and the No. 56 prospect in the espnW HoopGurlz Top 100 chose the Tar Heels over Notre Dame.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
So in other words, her response to ND was:

giphy.gif

frankly I was hoping she would say yes, yes, yes to ND because that would have lessened the odds of Boston jumping ship to ND...........did Mutombo pick UNC because she would get more playing time or because she was told Boston is on the way so don't bother?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
frankly I was hoping she would say yes, yes, yes to ND because that would have lessened the odds of Boston jumping ship to ND......did Mutombo pick UNC because she would get more playing time or because she was told Boston is on the way so don't bother?
They were both told that ND is a guard's school and posts should go elsewhere. :)

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
They were both told that ND is a guard's school and posts should go elsewhere. :)

And if you believe that, I can send you to tickets to the new Kim Mulkey fundraising auction, "Sports Jackets I Have Tossed...for Winning!" :rolleyes: *

Charlie's point is an interesting one, but I refuse to get too up about it for fear of getting hit by an astray purple sports jacket!

* After hearing the news today ("oh boy"), you just need to let your imagination go....

Reaction Score
I seriously was waiting for you to post that. I think she is definitely a good addition, but her rankings have dropped dramatically. Still in the 40s in PN but was once a top hoopgurlz prospect and is now not even in top 100. She is still a talent no doubt there. A great start for UW. Washington has no shortage of talent, but they gotta keep it home and snag a few from elsewhere. Sometimes I wonder how different the PAC would be had Ionescu chosen UW over UO

Reaction Score
I seriously was waiting for you to post that. I think she is definitely a good addition, but her rankings have dropped dramatically. Still in the 40s in PN but was once a top hoopgurlz prospect and is now not even in top 100. She is still a talent no doubt there. A great start for UW. Washington has no shortage of talent, but they gotta keep it home and snag a few from elsewhere. Sometimes I wonder how different the PAC would be had Ionescu chosen UW over UO

I think Miller is interesting in that regard. I think she was once in the top 50 for HG before dropping out and her high school numbers are not impressive. UW is saying she will be playing without a position which is strange for a 6'4" recruit. Although she said she was also considering UCLA and Oregon, I don't know how serious they were as there has been almost nothing about her on the recruiting trail.

But yes, UW getting her is much better than UW not getting her.

And while we're on the Pac what-ifs, what if Kelsey Plum went to her very close second choice, Cal?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

Ionescu's recruitment was so weird. I don't think she was really very interested in UW but she and her HS/AAU coach were just seeing if they could leverage the situation to get something they wanted.

I'm still so disappointed by how little talent Neighbors brought in after he got Plum and Osahor. Left a deep hole for Wynn to dig out of. Basically got nothing out of 2 consecutive classes, you just can't do that. The McDonald/Melgoza/Henson/Garcia class could've really made a difference but McDonald left after Neighbors did and Garcia has yet to play due to injuries (and I'm really doubting she's ever going to play). So instead you have one really good player and one decent supporting player. And part of the blame lies w/ Adia Barnes as well, who is now killing it at Arizona but apparently couldn't convince anybody to come to Seattle when she was an assistant coach on the staff.

Anyway, yeah I've seen Miller's stock has dropped, but they've had such a hard time getting any local players to stay home, I can only hope this is a first step in turning the tide. We'll see.

Last year was a recipe for disaster from the start. The 1-17 league record looks terrible, but it's actually kind of amazing they kept the score close in as many games as they did, given their lack of experience, size and talent. I think Wynn might end up being a good hire, as long as she can start winning a few recruiting battles. She got the team to play hard and not give up last season.

Reaction Score
Alyson Miura and Angel Jackson (Hoopgurlz 36) for USC while UCLA added a Canadian wing too. Will be interesting to see where Jazmin Shelley lands. Oregon St? Oregon? Nebraska? Still haven’t seen anything on her OV to Oregon St but claims were made she was on campus.

Reaction Score
Endyia Rogers, Rickea Jackson, Zia Cooke, and Maori Davenport will all be visiting Mississippi State this weekend. Their only other prospect is Aijha Blackwell. They have 1 definite scholarship open, but could make 2 maybe 3 work.

Reaction Score
Alyson Miura and Angel Jackson (Hoopgurlz 36) for USC while UCLA added a Canadian wing too. Will be interesting to see where Jazmin Shelley lands. Oregon St? Oregon? Nebraska? Still haven’t seen anything on her OV to Oregon St but claims were made she was on campus.
It is confirmed that Jazmin Shelley was in Corvallis on the weekend of September 21-23 on her official visit to Oregon State. Shelley has roomed previously was current OSU frosh Jasmine Simmons when they both played on Australia's U-17 national team that won the world championship in 2016. Oregon State, Oregon, Nebraska, and South Carolina are reportedly still in the mix for the 5'9" point guard from the Class of 2019.

Reaction Score
Jazmin Shelly is a fine Aussie WBB player. I sure hope OSU Beaver Coaching staff (and her buddy Jasmine Simmons) were convincing enough on her official visit to OSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom