Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 93 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
for whatever reason Kenny has serious issues with the UConn and ND programs..Carter maybe have been college ready as far as her basketball skills but her selfish play has been a disruptive influence on her team leading to several players leaving the program

A&M also seems to be missing out on key recruits due to the Carter factor.

JS

Reaction Score
[SB] ... frankly backed off on UCONN not the other way around..
You have no idea what you're talking about. Close students of this board know how things went from her point of view.

Nothing wrong with voicing pessimistic opinions on this board, provided they have some factual basis.

But there comes a time when pushing them again and again in a conclusory way becomes, as others have observed, trolling, i.e. evidently getting one's kicks from annoying the board.

A couple of your pure troll posts have been deleted. Your opinion about UConn's dire future is on record. That's enough jousting. You're through responding to this thread.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Notre Dame scores a recruit.

Woo hoo! Great pick-up for the Irish!
(I'm a fan...can you tell ;) :rolleyes:)

In the past year, she's
- grown to nearly 6' tall, so she's become the tall guard that MM is after;
- even though listed as a point guard, can see her playing multiple guard positions, a trend I see with the Irish (Gilbert, Peoples);
- led her team to a state class championship and was named Penn. Gatorade Player of the Year;
- was a finalist for the U17 national team;
- had an excellent summer circuit for the Philly Belles. A coaching buddy of mine has seen her several times -- including the DC tourney, which MM attended -- and thought she was the most consistent Belle, demonstrating great court presence and making good decisions. He thought she was a natural for MM's offense.

She's the first of the Class of 2020 attendees of the Recuitapalooza/Nielefest to commit to ND.

What does this mean for other ND recruiting ventures in 2020? If ND goes after another guard (and they will), it will be a point guard.....Bueckers or Clark.

Go Irish!:D:D

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
- grown to nearly 6' tall, so she's become the tall guard that MM is after;
- even though listed as a point guard, can see her playing multiple guard positions, a trend I see with the Irish (Gilbert, Peoples);
-

I feel like most elite guards are point guards in high school simply because the best player gets the ball in her hands.

She's 5-11 or so and a shooter. Reminds me of a couple of other ND guards from PA - Kayla McBride and Madison Cable. I'd guess she'll play a similar role.

I believe the only 2020s to make the final 18 for the U17 team were Campbell, Van Lith, Bueckers, Gusters, Brink, and Reese. Not bad company.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I feel like most elite guards are point guards in high school simply because the best player gets the ball in her hands.

She's 5-11 or so and a shooter. Reminds me of a couple of other ND guards from PA - Kayla McBride and Madison Cable. I'd guess she'll play a similar role.

I believe the only 2020s to make the final 18 for the U17 team were Campbell, Van Lith, Bueckers, Gusters, and Reese. Not bad company.

I view this as a significant signing in regards to UConn's chances with the other 2020 guards.............I simply don't envision Clark and Bueckers sharing the back court with so many other guards remaining........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I view this as a significant signing in regards to UConn's chances with the other 2020 guards...I simply don't envision Clark and Bueckers sharing the back court with so many other guards remaining...

I mean, ND plays 3 guards as a default. So any ND guard will have to share the backcourt with at least two people...

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I view this as a significant signing in regards to UConn's chances with the other 2020 guards...I simply don't envision Clark and Bueckers sharing the back court with so many other guards remaining...

Charlie:
When Campbell arrives in campus in 2020, there won't be as many guards as you might imagine:
- Class of 2018 (3): Jordan Nixon (pure point guard), Katlyn Gilbert (combo guard) and Abby Prohaska (off guard).
- Class of 2019 (1, so far): Anaya Peoples (combo guard)
The wild card, so to speak, is Haley Jones, who is a big guard/wing. What she does, to some degree, affects what ND does or does not do in 2020 ....

I mean, ND plays 3 guards as a default. So any ND guard will have to share the backcourt with at least two people...

Yup.
ND is blessed to have a third guard now (Jackie Young) who can go inside and has good hops. On the other hand, Ogunbowale drives hard to the hoop and Mabrey rebounds well for a guard (she is 5'11"). Campbell appears to drive well and has a stellar three point shot, which you (I think) compared to Maddie Cable. The Irish should be so lucky....

If Jones comes, might not need another tall guard/wing. But you could certainly see a Clark or Bueckers fitting in. And if no Jones, there's another slot.

As Orangutan said, the Irish depend on guards....we just didn't have many of them last year. ;)

Reaction Score
Charlie:
When Campbell arrives in campus in 2020, there won't be as many guards as you might imagine:
- Class of 2018 (3): Jordan Nixon (pure point guard), Katlyn Gilbert (combo guard) and Abby Prohaska (off guard).
- Class of 2019 (1, so far): Anaya Peoples (combo guard)
The wild card, so to speak, is Haley Jones, who is a big guard/wing. What she does, to some degree, affects what ND does or does not do in 2020 ....

Yup.
ND is blessed to have a third guard now (Jackie Young) who can go inside and has good hops. On the other hand, Ogunbowale drives hard to the hoop and Mabrey rebounds well for a guard (she is 5'11"). Campbell appears to drive well and has a stellar three point shot, which you (I think) compared to Maddie Cable. The Irish should be so lucky....

If Jones comes, might not need another tall guard/wing. But you could certainly see a Clark or Bueckers fitting in. And if no Jones, there's another slot.

As Orangutan said, the Irish depend on guards....we just didn't have many of them last year. ;)

well compared to UConn, Notre Dame will be suffering from a virtual population overload.............. UConn will have a distinct shortage of guards point and otherwise unless Griffin and Horston show up and even then neither are really prototypical point guards........

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Does one need to be an expert on Texas basketball to express one's opinion on a message board? If so, is there a test I can take?
I think it's pretty obvious that one does not need to be an expert to express an opinion on the BY. We have very few experts, but lots and lots of opinions. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If ND can't beat out North Carolina for a player...I mean...come on...

Her tweet says "commitment coming soon" which almost makes me think her decision will be independent of anyone else's.

To UNC

Reaction Score
Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo, the 6'3" high school teammate of Azzi Fudd at St. John's College and AAU teammate of both Ms. Fudd and Sam Brunelle, has just announced that she is down to two finalists: ND and North Carolina. This is per a tweet by Raoul.

She visited ND this weekend with Ms. Boston. Laeticia Amihere is visiting ND in late September (along with Haley Jones).

Initial gut says she may be seeing (as well as ND's coaching staff) which way Ms. Amihere and/or Boston may be leaning.
ND also has Mikayla Vaughn at low post, who will have three years of eligibility once these low posts step on campus.

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
WBB: Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo, 6-3 C, St. John’s College HS (DC)—ranked #56 in the 2019 class by espnW—has announced her commitment to North Carolina, over Notre Dame

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Thought she would end up at Notre Dame, to be honest. Maybe a clearer path to playing time at UNC? Or ND is holding that spot for someone else? Or she just liked UNC better (but come on that's ridiculous ;))

ND really needs to sign at least one more for 2019 and competition for Jones, Amihere, and Boston will be intense. I'm intrigued...and a bit nervous. I had talked myself into MTM as a sort of "backup plan" in case ND doesn't get Amihere or Boston.

UNC is recruiting well. They have two top-25 commits in 2020.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If ND can't beat out North Carolina for a player...I mean...come on...

mutombo-finger-wag-gif-6.gif

:p

Reaction Score

Thought she would end up at Notre Dame, to be honest. Maybe a clearer path to playing time at UNC? Or ND is holding that spot for someone else? Or she just liked UNC better (but come on that's ridiculous ;))

ND really needs to sign at least one more for 2019 and competition for Jones, Amihere, and Boston will be intense. I'm intrigued...and a bit nervous. I had talked myself into MTM as a sort of "backup plan" in case ND doesn't get Amihere or Boston.

UNC is recruiting well. They have two top-25 commits in 2020.

those "back ups" sometimes don't view themselves as back ups (hopefully UConn doesn't see that with Ms Griffin)..................she clearly is going to get more playing time at UNC and Chapel Hill is a fine place to live for four years (sure a heck of a lot nicer then Durham)......:rolleyes: From a UConn fan's perspective, I sure hope it has nothing to do with another '19 post from the east coast coming to South Bend..........

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
those "back ups" sometimes don't view themselves as back ups (hopefully UConn doesn't see that with Ms Griffin)...she clearly is going to get more playing time at UNC and Chapel Hill is a fine place to live for four years (sure a heck of a lot nicer then Durham).:rolleyes: From a UConn fan's perspective, I sure hope it has nothing to do with another '19 post from the east coast coming to South Bend.....

:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Maybe MTM wants to just concentrate on basketball.At N.D.they require their students to do crazy stuff like ,go to classes,study,and have actual professors put burdens on them.:cool:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Funny thing... UNC.Cheat overall academics are probably just as good as Notre Dame's ..... and spending 4 years in Chapel Hill and the Triangle is probably preferable to spending 4 years in Northern Indiana...... especially for a black female college student.

Welp... lemme jump in the shower and wash off with some Clorox and Soap :oops:

Reaction Score
Funny thing... UNC.Cheat overall academics are probably just as good as Notre Dame's ..... and spending 4 years in Chapel Hill and the Triangle is probably preferable to spending 4 years in Northern Indiana. especially for a black female college student.

Welp... lemme jump in the shower and wash off with some Clorox and Soap :oops:

Wow..............that couldn't have been easy to admit...............you should be very proud of yourself......................:p

Dillon77

Reaction Score
those "back ups" sometimes don't view themselves as back ups (hopefully UConn doesn't see that with Ms Griffin)...she clearly is going to get more playing time at UNC and Chapel Hill is a fine place to live for four years (sure a heck of a lot nicer then Durham).:rolleyes: From a UConn fan's perspective, I sure hope it has nothing to do with another '19 post from the east coast coming to South Bend.....

As a Domer, I'm hoping it has a lot to do with the other '19 post that visited South Bend with Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo in early September! ;)

As for Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo, we hardly/barely knew her until her visit to ND was announced, so that was kind of a whirlwind. Good luck to her in Chapel Hill...like many other posters, I can think of a lot worse places to spend 4 years. Enjoy every bit of it...except the four times a year you see some ballers with "Notre Dame" on their uniforms! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99