Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 92 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Malu Tshitenge-Mutombo, the 6'3" high school teammate of Azzi Fudd at St. John's College and AAU teammate of both Ms. Fudd and Sam Brunelle, has just announced that she is down to two finalists: ND and North Carolina. This is per a tweet by Raoul.

She visited ND this weekend with Ms. Boston. Laeticia Amihere is visiting ND in late September (along with Haley Jones).

Initial gut says she may be seeing (as well as ND's coaching staff) which way Ms. Amihere and/or Boston may be leaning.
ND also has Mikayla Vaughn at low post, who will have three years of eligibility once these low posts step on campus.

If she commits to ND which most likely she will.. the fact she was Fudds teammate on there high school team and Sam Brunelle’s AAU teammate .. all signs there they will most likely land Fudd and Buckers... ND will be the favorites for years to come.. the ball is switching and UCONN sadly isn’t. If UCONN loses on this class and next .. Geno won’t be around for ever the dominant program in this history of WBB will be just a memory.

Reaction Score
We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Yes you are absolutely right - no one is considering UCONN. Not Jordon Horston, not Haley Jones, not Aliyah Boston, not Aubrey Griffin, not Brink, Van Lith, Buekers, Gusters, Fudd, DeBerry, etc etc. The sky is absolutely falling... :rolleyes:
They may get one if two. Fudd and buckers are Notre Dames, Brink no way leaving the west coast to the east coast, hortson will end at Ohio State and stay home and shape up to be a huge class at Ohio State, the best class ever to land there or South Carolina . I think our best chances are Boston and Van Lith but it’s no guarantee. And lastly I see Jones staying home and lands at Stanford.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Instead of panicking about what might happen...
upload_2018-9-11_12-36-37.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I thought everyone was going to Louisville? Now they are all going to Ohio St? Which is it? But yeah, UConn will never get another elite recruit again, they might as well quit playing basketball. It was nice while it lasted. (turn your sarcasm meter up to 11)

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Hmm, perhaps it's the fact that OSU has about 10 open roster slots so anyone who goes there has a shot to start from day 1?

Well, actually, NOW they only have 7 available spots ;)(with their three commits).... but one is a walk-on who got a scholarship so I wouldn't be surprised if that got yanked if came down to it. So, ~7 available.

They did just have two 2020 players unofficially visit this past weekend with Endyia Rogers. So you do wonder how many McGuff will welcome in this recruiting class since only 1 player leaves after next season.

Reaction Score
While I'm assuming that UConn gets at least two '19 commits, it isn't totally out of the realm of possibility that they get one or possibly no recruits from that class.................that would be somewhat problematic and would put even more importance on the already crucial '20 recruiting class

Reaction Score
I thought everyone was going to Louisville? Now they are all going to Ohio St? Which is it? But yeah, UConn will never get another elite recruit again, they might as well quit playing basketball. It was nice while it lasted. (turn your sarcasm meter up to 11)
I never mentioned anything about Louisville once in my discussions.. u must have me mistaken for someone else. All I have spoken about is Notre Dame!! Thank You

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I never mentioned anything about Louisville once in my discussions.. u must have me mistaken for someone else. All I have spoken about is Notre Dame!! Thank You

Didn't mean you specifically, but in general Louisville gets mentioned a lot on this forum. Maybe it's not that everyone is going to Louisville, just that Louisville offers a scholie to pretty much everybody! Lots of projections for players going to Notre Dame too. And Baylor and Texas will get some. Yet somehow UConn will still get plenty of elite talent and will be just fine, most likely. As an outsider I find the predictions of the sky falling rather amusing.

If you want to see a school that really can't seem to get any players to look at them, see the other Huskies in Seattle. Rumors on the recruiting front are non-existent, they don't seem to be involved with anyone from '19 or beyond.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What’s up with UCONN? Seems to me no one is considering UCONN or any official visits ... makes no sense to me. UCONN seems to be in trouble and a lot of players are looking elsewhere where. Notre Dame will land huge classes this year and next year. UCONN is in trouble
Stop trolling! You know damn well that UCONN is still in the hunt (perhaps leading) for #1 Jones, #2 Horston , #3 Boston in the 2019 class! # 4 in 2019 Brunelle wanted to sign up with UCONN but was turned away-but you already knew that!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Stop trolling! You know damn well that UCONN is still in the hunt (perhaps leading) for #1 Jones, #2 Horston , #3 Boston in the 2019 class! # 4 in 2019 Brunelle wanted to sign up with UCONN but was turned away-but you already knew that!
Turned away? How is that when u were the number 1 recruit in the country. Who would pass up that. Doesn’t make sense she got passed up.. did it occur that Sam decided that ND was the right place for her? Seems that every time a top recruit decides on another school it’s we backed off...sam even said she was offered a scholly from UCONN so that wouldn’t change in less then a year ... she frankly backed off on UCONN not the other way around.. she took visits and knew ND was a better fit.. it happens

Reaction Score
Lastly these are young ladies .. just cause it’s been your dream school doesn’t mean you change your mind... things are never a guaranteed.. just when u think all things change. Something happened with he recruitment with sam and UCONN we never will know.. but when a player decides to commit and spend 4 years at a school has to be the right fit.. u just don’t pick a school cause another school suposley backed off. Sam was the the number 1 recruit at the time .. she has game and could play at any school in the country. If it was indeed UCONN backed off and sam all along wanted UCONN .. then UCONN made a big mistake and it will end up costing them in the long run. Just my opinion.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Turned away? How is that when u were the number 1 recruit in the country. Who would pass up that. Doesn’t make sense she got passed up.. did it occur that Sam decided that ND was the right place for her? Seems that every time a top recruit decides on another school it’s we backed off...sam even said she was offered a scholly from UCONN so that wouldn’t change in less then a year ... she frankly backed off on UCONN not the other way around.. she took visits and knew ND was a better fit.. it happens
107320-full.jpg

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lastly these are young ladies .. just cause it’s been your dream school doesn’t mean you change your mind... things are never a guaranteed.. just when u think all things change. Something happened with he recruitment with sam and UCONN we never will know.. but when a player decides to commit and spend 4 years at a school has to be the right fit.. u just don’t pick a school cause another school suposley backed off. Sam was the the number 1 recruit at the time .. she has game and could play at any school in the country. If it was indeed UCONN backed off and sam all along wanted UCONN .. then UCONN made a big mistake and it will end up costing them in the long run. Just my opinion.
image-20161005-15882-13x0gd1.jpg

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I loved watching Boothe play and enjoyed the personality that came through on the court. I wish her great success and look forward to seeing her play again although I will likely be a little wistful.

That said, I do not think it was possible for the coaching staff to "misuse Boothe" because that implies Boothe was able and willing to follow coaching directives. The record suggests otherwise. From my own game viewing, I observed Boothe to be severely under conditioned physically. In addition, her defensive fundamentals were behind even most freshmen. In any case, if she expected to be an instant star at Texas, that was probably not realistic with the number of experienced, talented upperclassmen on the team. The suspension of Holmes created an opening that Boothe was unable to fill. Frankly, a school where Boothe can receive good coaching AND be a big fish in a smaller pond could be a great fit.

Agree. Boothe has all the tools to be a really special player...just needs to improve her ability to play within a system. Going to a school where she’s the star might be great for her. I don’t love Aston, but Rellah not being an impact player for Texas is on Rellah rather than Aston. Same with Holmes last year. Atkins on the other hand...that’s on Aston IMO.

Reaction Score
Agree. Boothe has all the tools to be a really special player...just needs to improve her ability to play within a system. Going to a school where she’s the star might be great for her. I don’t love Aston, but Rellah not being an impact player for Texas is on Rellah rather than Aston. Same with Holmes last year. Atkins on the other hand...that’s on Aston IMO.

this gets back to recruiting philosophies.............recruiting based solely on athletic ability is a losing proposition...............Geno, Muffet and Tara would be unlikely to recruit a player with known attitude issues like Boothe no matter how skilled she is

bballnut90

Reaction Score
this gets back to recruiting philosophies...recruiting based solely on athletic ability is a losing proposition.....Geno, Muffet and Tara would be unlikely to recruit a player with known attitude issues like Boothe no matter how skilled she is

True...Boothe definitely had red flags entering college. Any player who appears to be very, “me me me” usually doesn’t end up at any of those 3 schools.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
They may get one if two. Fudd and buckers are Notre Dames, Brink no way leaving the west coast to the east coast, hortson will end at Ohio State and stay home and shape up to be a huge class at Ohio State, the best class ever to land there or South Carolina . I think our best chances are Boston and Van Lith but it’s no guarantee. And lastly I see Jones staying home and lands at Stanford.
I know it is a minor thing but why do you continue to spell Buekers name as Buckers?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Are you an expert on Texas basketball? Was it Coach Aston's fault that Atkins had a bad habit of constantly picking up two early fouls and basically having to see the bench early and often throughout her 4 seasons at Texas?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Are you an expert on Texas basketball? Was it Coach Aston's fault that Atkins had a bad habit of constantly picking up two early fouls and basically having to see the bench early and often throughout her 4 seasons at Texas?

Does one need to be an expert on Texas basketball to express one's opinion on a message board? If so, is there a test I can take?

bballnut90

Reaction Score

Atkins is arguably the 2nd best rookie in the pros right now and would've won ROY in most years. She had all of that talent while she was at Texas but wasn't able to capitalize on it....that's on Aston IMO. Especially considering that Atkins has never had any attitude issues and works her butt off every possession.

Reaction Score
We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Yes you are absolutely right - no one is considering UCONN. Not Jordon Horston, not Haley Jones, not Aliyah Boston, not Aubrey Griffin, not Brink, Van Lith, Buekers, Gusters, Fudd, DeBerry, etc etc. The sky is absolutely falling... :rolleyes:
Fudd is awesome. Who is she looking at or too early?

Reaction Score
Raoul is the more subtle version of Kenny Kalina...
I like Kenny. He called South Carolina’s championship in preseason that year. I know he is put down a lot here. He also called Chennedy Carter as the most college ready freshman the summer of 2017. He was right.

Reaction Score
I like Kenny. He called South Carolina’s championship in preseason that year. I know he is put down a lot here. He also called Chennedy Carter as the most college ready freshman the summer of 2017. He was right.

for whatever reason Kenny has serious issues with the UConn and ND programs............Carter maybe have been college ready as far as her basketball skills but her selfish play has been a disruptive influence on her team leading to several players leaving the program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom