Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
To beat out that competition is pretty big win for the Bruins I'd say

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
WBB: Charisma Osborne, 5-10 G, Windward HS (Los Angeles, CA), has announced her commitment to UCLA; ranked #32 in 2019 by espnW. Her other finalists were Duke, Louisville, Ohio State, and Southern Cal.​

It's a good win. Given her comment, "There's something about my city!!," seems like UCLA or USC had a leg up from the get go. Good luck to the Los Angelenos!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
To beat out that competition is pretty big win for the Bruins I'd say

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
WBB: Charisma Osborne, 5-10 G, Windward HS (Los Angeles, CA), has announced her commitment to UCLA; ranked #32 in 2019 by espnW. Her other finalists were Duke, Louisville, Ohio State, and Southern Cal.​
Following in Jordin Canada's footsteps again.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
See next post for Raoul's typical passive-aggressive response to Demling's tweet.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This guy really hates all things Geno and UConn but Walz and Louisville may be #1 on his hate list.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
What's funny is that I don't follow Demling and hadn't seen his tweet. Yet when I saw Raoul's tweet my first thought was that it was a subtweet of Demling.

Reaction Score
Aislynn Hayes will be taking an OV to Middle Tennessee this weekend. Wonder if Anastasia will be joining her. Aislynn nearly made Hoopgurlz top 100.

Reaction Score
Aislynn Hayes will be taking an OV to Middle Tennessee this weekend. Wonder if Anastasia will be joining her. Aislynn nearly made Hoopgurlz top 100.

I see 2020 Alasia Hayes did make the ESPN rankings, will be interesting to see a coach play 3 5’7 point guards together at the college level.

Reaction Score
According to their hoopgurlz evaluations, Alasia and Aislynn are both combo-guards. Wonder if they can shoot better than Anastasia

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Rellah Boothe visiting Middle Tenn St this weekend.

Two more visitors today for @MT_WBB, both from Northwest Florida State College: 1. Rellah Boothe -- Former No. 3 overall recruit; McDonald's All-American MVP. Transferred from Texas. Getting Boothe to visit is huge. 2. Awa Trasi -- From France. 6-foot-2 forward.

Reaction Score
I still think Rellah Booth was so misused at Texas. I think she would have been a better fit at a few different schools. Besides that, picking up Hayes AND Booth would be HUGE for Middle Tennessee. Would be interesting to see the future of that squad. I am curious as to where else Rellah will look at. P5?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I still think Rellah Booth was so misused at Texas. I think she would have been a better fit at a few different schools. Besides that, picking up Hayes AND Booth would be HUGE for Middle Tennessee. Would be interesting to see the future of that squad. I am curious as to where else Rellah will look at. P5?

That would be interesting. Maybe a bit like Amber Harris and Ta'Shia Phillips ending up at Xavier and having a mini-dynasty.

Reaction Score

I loved watching Boothe play and enjoyed the personality that came through on the court. I wish her great success and look forward to seeing her play again although I will likely be a little wistful.

That said, I do not think it was possible for the coaching staff to "misuse Boothe" because that implies Boothe was able and willing to follow coaching directives. The record suggests otherwise. From my own game viewing, I observed Boothe to be severely under conditioned physically. In addition, her defensive fundamentals were behind even most freshmen. In any case, if she expected to be an instant star at Texas, that was probably not realistic with the number of experienced, talented upperclassmen on the team. The suspension of Holmes created an opening that Boothe was unable to fill. Frankly, a school where Boothe can receive good coaching AND be a big fish in a smaller pond could be a great fit.

Reaction Score
Man Ohio State has so many on there final lists why?? Can’t understsnd. What’s up with UCONN? Seems to me no one is considering UCONN or any official visits ... makes no sense to me. UCONN seems to be in trouble and a lot of players are looking elsewhere where. Notre Dame will land huge classes this year and next year. UCONN is in trouble

Reaction Score
Man Ohio State has so many on there final lists why?? Can’t understsnd. What’s up with UCONN? Seems to me no one is considering UCONN or any official visits ... makes no sense to me. UCONN seems to be in trouble and a lot of players are looking elsewhere where. Notre Dame will land huge classes this year and next year. UCONN is in trouble

It's not that players don't want UConn, it's that UConn doesn't want most players.....................they are extremely selective, more selective then any other program in the country which is great as long as they get a high percentage of the players they target..............that philosophy has served the program well historically..............whether that trend will continue with the '19 and '20 classes is open to question in my opinion......

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We're DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

Yes you are absolutely right - no one is considering UCONN. Not Jordon Horston, not Haley Jones, not Aliyah Boston, not Aubrey Griffin, not Brink, Van Lith, Buekers, Gusters, Fudd, DeBerry, etc etc. The sky is absolutely falling... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom