Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 71 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Check out the video in this piece at the 16 second mark she blows by our incoming recruit.....

How 17-year-old girl Orsolya Toth became the World’s most famous 3x3 player

- To say she loves to go to the right-handed driving hook/layup is an understatement.
- But the fact that she constantly gets the first (and second) step and then is free and clear is the impressive element. Head fakes, ankle breakers and butt planters all in one tape. Triple threat!:)
- I also like the turn-around to the inside jumper...very Melo-esque.
- And I think I saw one or two set threes.

Plus, great uniforms. Reads like she wants to play for Hungary in the Olympics....she's 17 now. Think that precludes her coming stateside until then?

Reaction Score

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

That was a great article (minus the fib about Marina and Michaela being six-foot. In 3-inch heels, maybe.). It's nice to know Dara and I are on the same page :)

“Some said, ‘congrats, but I would have loved to have seen you in an Irish uniform,’ I saw that tweet like 17 times. I was like, oh my god, I’m so over this."

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I just read the article on the Mabreys. This quote from Marina is . . . excellent:

“When you reach a certain level of excellence, people want to take you down, I think it’s a certain level of jealousy,” Marina said. “Half the people that are saying this about her aren’t attending an ACC school or don’t have a daughter attending an ACC school. Whoever is saying anything about it is just hating on our excellence.”

#JustHatingOnOurExcellence

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I just read the article on the Mabreys. This quote from Marina is . . . excellent:

“When you reach a certain level of excellence, people want to take you down, I think it’s a certain level of jealousy,” Marina said. “Half the people that are saying this about her aren’t attending an ACC school or don’t have a daughter attending an ACC school. Whoever is saying anything about it is just hating on our excellence.”

#JustHatingOnOurExcellence

giphy.gif

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Stanford-bound twins Lacie and Lexie Hull play for Central Valley of Spokane, WA. They won a state tournament game yesterday 61-16. Central Valley held their opponent scoreless for the ENTIRE second half! That is crazy.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stanford-bound twins Lacie and Lexie Hull play for Central Valley of Spokane, WA. They won a state tournament game yesterday 61-16. Central Valley held their opponent scoreless for the ENTIRE second half! That is crazy.

To follow up Central Valley cruised to the 4A (highest level in Washington) State Championship today, 71-39, finished the season 27-0. I only watched a few minutes of it so didn't get to scout the Hull twins very much.

Reaction Score
She's certainly way too good for her age level....

I've seen her play against high school players and she can certainly hold her own................my only concern is that she been playing a ridiculous amount of basketball from a very young age and that sometimes can lead to injury and or burnout............

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I've seen her play against high school players and she can certainly hold her own......my only concern is that she been playing a ridiculous amount of basketball from a very young age and that sometimes can lead to injury and or burnout..

I've seen her a little bit on film. She looks very skilled and smart. She also doesn't appear to be a top athlete or particularly quick. I'm very curious to see how she does as a freshmen in two years.

Reaction Score
I've seen her a little bit on film. She looks very skilled and smart. She also doesn't appear to be a top athlete or particularly quick. I'm very curious to see how she does as a freshmen in two years.

Definitely not the most athletic kid...................her skill level is off the charts for her age which is a function of her abilities and the crazy training program set up by her father............she clearly dominates her age group now but only time will tell if that translates in high school...............

Reaction Score

you are right that is crazy, never heard of that before. I assume Central Valley emptied their bench, did their opponent quit?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
you are right that is crazy, never heard of that before. I assume Central Valley emptied their bench, did their opponent quit?

Didn't watch the game. They cleared the bench in the 4th quarter yesterday in the Championship game. They've been blowing out most of their opponents all season.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Diamond Miller, the 6'1" wing and U.S. National Team member, and her Franklin HS teammates are advancing in the New Jersey Group 4 Statewide Tournament, having just beat a tough Watchung Hills team (whose star, Julia Cunningham, will play at Princeton next year).
Franklin won the NJ TOC last year, nipping Dara Mabrey, Faith Masonius, et al, of Manasquan HS.

Franklin Hills will match up against a West Orange team that just won its first-ever sectional tourney. West Orange is led by a 6'1" guard/wing who scores and rebounds for them, named Mya Bembry.

Both are juniors (Class of 2019). I saw Miller in the Tournament of Champions game last year and can easily see her playing the kind of role that, say, Jackie Young of Notre Dame has taken on this year...a little of this, a lot of that, depending on the case. Bembry is a bit rougher around the edges than Miller at this point, but she does the same thing for WO High School. She is very dynamic and has strong leadership skills. Both can drill the 3, but I like their mid-range games. Both, as you can tell from their quotes, do not shy away from the moment.

Here are some articles on their latest wins.

Keona Schenck's big second half lifts No. 4 Franklin to N2,G4 title

No. 14 West Orange girls basketball beats Hackensack, wins 1st sectional title (PHOTOS)

BTW, don't know how much "mutual" interest there is, but Diamond Miller has taken an unofficial visit to ND. We'll see how that holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom