Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 69 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's getting awful late. She has turned down texas because she though Texas "didn't utilize all thier players" but before you say no to Texas shouldn't you at least know where you are going?

I bet she'd be "utilized" at SMU..................

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Cool article Charlie, thanks for posting. I watched T.J. while he was playing for Arizona and I knew his dad was a coaching legend in PA. Didn't know he had a much younger sister and had no idea Suzie McConnell-Serio is related.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Taylor Jones, 6'3 post who plays HS ball for Dallas Christian. Prospects Nation(PN) has her rated#9 overall and the #1 post in the Class of 2019. Hoopgurlz, while not quite as laudatory, has her at #23 overall/#4 center. PN Director of Scouting Keil Moore is very supportive of her game and improvement in this article.
Breaking Down The 2019 Class | Prospects Nation.

I've read the physical comparisons to a younger Lauren Cox and think the few tape snippets I've seen underscore that she's a finesse-5 who is agile on her feet, runs the floor well and blocks shots. Have not seen a tremendous amount of diversity in her offensive game, but the opposition I've seen rarely dictates her to do much more than put back three footers.

That said, I don't know much more about her. Can anyone fill in the chapter on her? Most specifically, what schools are interested in her/is she interested in? Would hope some of our Texas brethren can fill us in.

Posts are at a premium, so it's always beneficial to have an idea which ones are interested in what institutions/coaches and visa versa.

Thanks for input in advance!

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Darn, I put this in the wrong "Non-UConn" thread (news) yesterday (Coco still found it ;)), so I'm replacing in the proper "recruiting" thread:

Jump Commits to Stanford

Stanford's Coach Tara went local-- all of four miles away -- for her latest 2019 recruit with Hannah Jump, the 5'11" guard from San Jose. Jump is listed as a point guard by Hoopgurlz and just a guard by Prospects Nation, which has her listed as #63 in the overall 2019 PN rankings.

In either case, I remember a few clips about her and they're in total agreement with this one announcing her commitment: she can shoot.

Basketball recruiting: Pinewood's Hannah Jump picks Stanford

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Great name. "Jump" makes another Jump Shot. :D

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If UConn offers I don't see that Jersey girl heading South......

Lol everybody can’t go to UConn. Y’all already claimed Brink for 2020, remember?

Even though she too has also already visited SC. :p

Reaction Score
Lol everybody can’t go to UConn. Y’all already claimed Brink for 2020, remember?

Even though she too has also already visited SC. :p

oh yes haven't you heard....................Geno just received a special dispensation directly from ESPN................. UConn is now allowed to carry 20 players per season...........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Who let her in the Bldg wearing an ORANGE shirt?

In person it was more of a peachy color then orange and being our game today was a pink out I thought she looked good for the occasion. :D

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Just wanted to remind our ND friends what they're going to be missing.....:D

I have, unfortunately, come to grips with this in a eulogy -- er, post -- on McGraw's
Bench. :rolleyes:

She's had a great summer and HS campaign. Look forward to seeing her in the NJ playoffs and TOC.

Reaction Score
This mix tape of Caitlin Clark, Class of 2019, was just posted on Irish Hoop Recruits.
Her handle looks as strong as ever and -- if anything -- her range looks even deeper.

Caitlin Clark Sophomore Year Mixtape! Diana Taurasi 2.0!?

I'm surprised UConn hasn't shown much interest in Clark...........she seems just the kind of skilled, hustle player Geno is always looking for................I don't think your getting Bueckers and Clark just as UConn is most likely not getting Bueckers and Van Lith..............which one would you prefer?

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Sometimes the rankings don't make sense. I know that rankings are different with the different services. Amira Collins is one of the finalist for Nasmith award. Yet she is #69 in ESPN Hoopgurlz.

Reaction Score

She has too many college offers to mention them all, but Jones noted that pretty much all the schools in the South have offered her and many across the nation. On exception has been perennial power Connecticut.

Reaction Score
Sometimes the rankings don't make sense. I know that rankings are different with the different services. Amira Collins is one of the finalist for Nasmith award. Yet she is #69 in ESPN Hoopgurlz.

I take both ranking services into account but I tend to favor Hoopgurlz just a bit as PN seems to be a bit more driven by local BB politics................still they may be better at finding players hidden in the weeds that turn out to have good college careers.......

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

You have these types of discrepancies every year. Last year it was Cooks of MSU who played in McDonalds AA game was top 10 in ESPN and not even top 60 on Prospectsnation.
Look at Madison Williams this year also McD's AA top 10 (#8) on Prospects Nation & ESPN has her at #77.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom