Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 70 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I take both ranking services into account but I tend to favor Hoopgurlz just a bit as PN seems to be a bit more driven by local BB politics......still they may be better at finding players hidden in the weeds that turn out to have good college careers..
I prefer Hoopgurlz also.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Here you Go Dillon:

Well, that was a detailed profile, going over everything from chemistry lab to yoga class. Don't worry Caitlin: I have trouble with handstands, too! ;) :rolleyes:

I'm sure the two Iowa programs would donate to charities of Clark family's choice for life if she went there. Having watched the Bruin-Duck game last night, I could also see how they'd love to have a strong-willed PG who scores come to the program (that would coincide cleanly with Ionescu moving on to conquer her next world). However, there's something about that perfectionist streak that screams MM. :D

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I take both ranking services into account but I tend to favor Hoopgurlz just a bit as PN seems to be a bit more driven by local BB politics......still they may be better at finding players hidden in the weeds that turn out to have good college careers..

Latter point is a good one in regards to many of the Irish's latest recruits, including Mik Vaughn and Abby Prohaska. And I tend to use the discrepancies between HG and PN as a balancing factor, kind of like the old judging method in figure skating. ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Latter point is a good one in regards to many of the Irish's latest recruits, including Mik Vaughn and Abby Prohaska. And I tend to use the discrepancies between HG and PN as a balancing factor, kind of like the old judging method in figure skating. ;)

I usually take a rough average of both.. find a range in the middle. Just to get an idea. If a recruit is ranked highly in both I take it to mean that this recruit has been vetted thoroughly and is appropriately ranked.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I watched Notre Dame 2019 recruit Anaya Peoples play in the semi-finals of the Illinois 1A State Championships. ( the original March Madness) Her team won and will play for the championship on Saturday at 1:45 p.m. ET. The channel is NSCHHD, 1741 on Uverse. She looked good. Even though she plays in the smallest class in Illinois, by the time she graduates she should be really good and ready for D1 ball.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I'm surprised UConn hasn't shown much interest in Clark......she seems just the kind of skilled, hustle player Geno is always looking for......I don't think your getting Bueckers and Clark just as UConn is most likely not getting Bueckers and Van Lith....which one would you prefer?

Sorry, I missed this during the week.
I agree with you that neither UConn or ND is going to hit daily double with those three players. From what I understand, we've had no contact with/from Van Lith, so I'll concentrate on Clark and Bueckers. Both of them are PGs that I think can easily swing over to the combo or off guard position in either of the two team's offenses. Of the one I know (and by know, I mean read and seen information on), I think Clark has a similar yin to Muffet's yang: there's a perfectionist quality about her (admittedly, on her part) that is very much like McGraw. On the other hand, McGraw will go along with the individualist if they can fit within the format of the plan, like Ogunbowale. She appreciates flair. I can still see Clark working for the Irish.

On the other hand, you've got to have others in mind just in case. Alli Campbell is visiting ND to see the NC State game, which will make anohter unofficial visit for her. Campbell is joining the Philly Belles this spring, which has contributed Vaughn and Cosgrove to the Irish, so that will be another way for MM and Niele to keep track.

Reaction Score
Sorry, I missed this during the week.
I agree with you that neither UConn or ND is going to hit daily double with those three players. From what I understand, we've had no contact with/from Van Lith, so I'll concentrate on Clark and Bueckers. Both of them are PGs that I think can easily swing over to the combo or off guard position in either of the two team's offenses. Of the one I know (and by know, I mean read and seen information on), I think Clark has a similar yin to Muffet's yang: there's a perfectionist quality about her (admittedly, on her part) that is very much like McGraw. On the other hand, McGraw will go along with the individualist if they can fit within the format of the plan, like Ogunbowale. She appreciates flair. I can still see Clark working for the Irish.

On the other hand, you've got to have others in mind just in case. Alli Campbell is visiting ND to see the NC State game, which will make anohter unofficial visit for her. Campbell is joining the Philly Belles this spring, which has contributed Vaughn and Cosgrove to the Irish, so that will be another way for MM and Niele to keep track.

I'm too lazy to look it up but I think that ND will have a top notch point guard in place for 20-22 while UConn will need a shiny new one to replace Crystal...........perhaps that will impact on who goes where

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I'm too lazy to look it up but I think that ND will have a top notch point guard in place for 20-22 while UConn will need a shiny new one to replace Crystal......perhaps that will impact on who goes where

The Irish have Jordan Nixon coming aboard this upcoming year (2018-19), so she'd be a junior by the time Clark/Bueckers matriculate.
Anaya Peoples is coming in the fall of 2019, as well, but Peoples is on record as saying she'll play anywhere in the backcourt, as needed.

It's almost as if the needs of this year's team has created a common mindset ("sure, I'll do that") but in reverse, with gifted point guards volunteering to become off guards (unlike Marina Mabrey, who did the opposite). I've got no doubt that CC, PG can do either/or. And Alli Campbell -- although not quite at the level/precipice as those two -- can probably "move it on over" as well.

Should be interesting.....

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Jasmine Masengill her team.

Very talented team pictured here not just Jasmine Masengill. Also pictured is Elizabeth Balogun #25 in 2018 headed to Georgia Tech. The young lady at the back towering over all the others is Kamilla Cardosa #3 in 2020 and Treasure Hunt #10 in 2020 per ESPN.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I'm a little bit worried about how much this "Tiny" Green fellow is a fan of Dara Mabrey, lol:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Big Sis doing her Tiny impersonation:

Yes, Tiny can get a bit over the top. He's known these players from the start of their playing days and does seem to get a bit emotionally invested. Charliebball can elaborate more if he chooses and/or if he needs to.

BTW, the game both Tiny and Marina referred to was this one...a conference show-down between two of the better teams in NJ. Both Dara and Faith Masonious (Maryland commit) had big games.

Girls Basketball: Dara Mabrey leads No. 2 Manasquan to SCT title over No. 1 SJV (PHOTOS)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sorry ND fans....

TFW you're completely unbothered by who is in Virginia Tech's recruiting class:

upload_2018-2-25_18-55-56.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I thought of a comp for Dara. Tell me if you think it makes sense. Tyra Buss.

Also a prolific high school guard that was probably should have been more heavily recruited and ended up a P5 also-ran. Also left out of the HS AA teams.

not sure who else recruited Buss...............Mabrey had offers from top twenty schools that she turned down because she really like the V Tech coaching staff and players..............she really thinks they will be much improved in the next couple of years...........

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
not sure who else recruited Buss.....Mabrey had offers from top twenty schools that she turned down because she really like the V Tech coaching staff and players....she really thinks they will be much improved in the next couple of years......

I like VT's coach. They need a lot more talent than just Dara to be a player in the ACC, though.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I thought of a comp for Dara. Tell me if you think it makes sense. Tyra Buss.

Also a prolific high school guard that was probably should have been more heavily recruited and ended up a P5 also-ran. Also left out of the HS AA teams.

That's a pretty good comparison. Being a Jersey guy, I think a bit closer to home and see a lot of her sisters' running mate, Katelynn Flaherty of Michigan. Undersized scoring guard who works and runs non-stop.

I'd also love to see Dara and Michelle Sidor of Saddle River Day. Sidor is another shoot-first point guards that uses an all-round game. Technically, I think she's a bit more adept than Dara (I've seen her play), but no one matches Mabrey's tenacity.
It's epic (or epik!!, as Tiny might write :D )

Dillon77

Reaction Score
not sure who else recruited Buss.....Mabrey had offers from top twenty schools that she turned down because she really like the V Tech coaching staff and players....she really thinks they will be much improved in the next couple of years......

I like VT's coach. They need a lot more talent than just Dara to be a player in the ACC, though.

I like Kenny Brooks, too. Thought he did a first-rate job north on I-81 at James Madison and think this will be a good hire, if his bosses have some patience. Like the way his teams play and his sideline demeanor seems to resonate well with his players and staff.

The previous coach was using a lot of international players, whereas he seems to be recruiting "in country."

Thought Aisha Sheppard, the frosh 5'10" guard, played well against ND. She's from St. John's College in D.C., the home of Ms. Allen and current stomping ground for Azzi Fudd and a lot of other D-1 prospects, so that's a good development. In 2018, besides Dara, he's got a good point guard -- Shaniya Jones -- from North Carolina.

And in 2019, he's got two more (nearly) top 50 HG recruits: another PG -- 5'10" Cayla King (HG #41) -- from N.C. coming aboard,which means he's got a bunch of guards that can handle the ball (and we know Dara also loves to shoot it). So he's stockpiling at that position to see which pieces fit....

And he's also got a 6'4" post, Elizabeth Kitley (#51) coming up from -- where else -- North Carolina. Hmmm, sensing a trend here. Actually, it makes sense given how close Blacksburg is to NC. But he does seem to be recruiting well in NC State's, Wake's and Duke's home state.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34