Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Franklin pulls off the TOC victory over Manasquan on a buzzer beater.....if you don't think they take WBB seriously in NJ take a look at the video..my scouting friends say that Diamond Miller 6'0" 2019 Franklin off guard is going to be moving up the Hoopgulz rankings as her play this year has been stellar...currently #8 nationally at her position

WATCH: Franklin wins the girls basketball T of C final on buzzer beater

Thought it was a pretty ragged game with nerves showing themselves early on and the lack of a day rest (thanks to last week's snow storm) also looking both teams look a bit lethargic. Manasquan jumped out to an early 10-pt lead and then struggled the rest of the way, making only a run in the third quarter to catch up and hang on. Mabrey and Masonious were off and Miller was the best player on the court.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
According to a tweet by Raoul, Andrea Aquino, 6-9 C from NJ (Class of 2018) has verbally committed to Oregon State.
And according to her own twitter.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
According to a tweet by Raoul, Andrea Aquino, 6-9 C from NJ (Class of 2018) has verbally committed to Oregon State.
And according to her own twitter.

Wow. Really interesting decision. Wonder if she was aware of 6'-6" Ruth Hamblin's development at OSU, when she came out of nowhere (well, actually British Columbia).

As someone who saw her play her last junior game before her team's season was suspended, I thought she'd improved remarkably since she came to this country from Paraguay. I have no idea how things are going to work out for her Paterson Eastside education next year, but all power to her at the next level. It will be intriguing to watch.

Reaction Score
Wow. Really interesting decision. Wonder if she was aware of 6'-6" Ruth Hamblin's development at OSU, when she came out of nowhere (well, actually British Columbia).

As someone who saw her play her last junior game before her team's season was suspended, I thought she'd improved remarkably since she came to this country from Paraguay. I have no idea how things are going to work out for her Paterson Eastside education next year, but all power to her at the next level. It will be intriguing to watch.

I'm sure that may have helped with her decision...........you have the advantage of having seen her more recently but I have doubts that she will be a high impact player at that level.......could end up more like Nancy Mulkey at Oklahoma although Aquino is clearly a better athlete...........

Reaction Score
It's huge though that he's able to get an east coast kid. Shows he's recruiting on a national scale.

Reaction Score
It's huge though that he's able to get an east coast kid. Shows he's recruiting on a national scale.

Of course there's a tiny chance she might get deported but I guess you're right........:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Is it just me or does Stanford seem to have a track record recruiting sisters?
Hull (Lexie and Lacie)
Samuelson (Bonnie and Karlie)
Ogwumike (Chiney and Nneka)

Maybe more? From a long lost time in basketball (that would be pre 1995 for me haha)?

Doing some research also noted Tara has a sister coaching the women's bball team at UCSD (I never knew this??) so I can see how she sees the bond of sisterhood thru sports as something important and worthwhile.

Samuelson sisters are money in the pocket when it comes to shooting. Ogwumike sisters are a force to be reckoned with (much like the Paris girls of TA&M). I'd only imagine these girls have some superb talent and play well together.
As long as the third sister goes to UCONN its all good.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 1h1 hour ago
WBB: Tatum Veitenheimer—5-7 PG, Windthorst HS (TX-2018)—has narrowed her list to 7: UCLA, Iowa St., Mizzou, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU

Are you sure you didn't mean "expand?" ;)
Tough kid. I could see her at a bunch of these schools, but Iowa State and Mizzou catch my attention.

Reaction Score
Are you sure you didn't mean "expand?" ;)
Tough kid. I could see her at a bunch of these schools, but Iowa State and Mizzou catch my attention.

I'm not sure what happened to the always reliable Raul......as a Michigan alum he must be shook up by KG's leaving..........:

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 2h2 hours ago
Correction: Tatum Veitenheimer doesn't have a list of finalists. Have deleted the previous tweet on her. Sorry about that.

0 replies0 retweets2 likes

Reaction Score
Here we go again:

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
Update: Tatum Veitenheimer (TX-2018) will soon announce college choice from among UCLA, Iowa State, Mizzou, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU

Dillon77

Reaction Score
I put this in two threads because I have no idea if UConn might now have any interest in a PG in 2018, so it's in both the 2017-18 Recruiting Thread and here, because she does not list UConn. Anyways, she committed early in part because her sister was at Boulder, I believe.

Mykasa Robinson, 2018 PG from Kentucky, withdrew her commitment from Colorado. She's rated #13 overall in Hoopgurlz and #19 in Prospects Nation.

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 13h13 hours ago
Raoul Retweeted Kentucky Premier

Mykasa Robinson (KY-2018) reopens recruitment; among the other schools she had considered: Kentucky, Louisville, Arizona, Michigan St., UCLA

Raoul added,

Kentucky Premier @KentuckyPremier
Premier Update 2018 MyKasa Robinson has decommitted from Colorado and reopened her recruitment. @mykasa_baller23 @M_rob11

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Danielle Cosgrove to Notre Dame... that class is filling up fast.

Reaction Score
According to ESPN she's a click down talent wise from Nelson-Ododa and Charli Collier or even Olivia Owens for that matter but you never know who's the best fit till you get them on the court...........

Reaction Score
According to ESPN she's a click down talent wise from Nelson-Ododa and Charli Collier or even Olivia Owens for that matter but you never know who's the best fit till you get them on the court......

She doesn't have the ceiling like ONO, Collier or Smith but she's a good get for the Irish. With her ability to finish with either hand and touch from the arch she will fit into the Irish Princeton offense just fine. Her lact of foot speed will cause her trouble agaisnt quicker players though.

Reaction Score
She doesn't have the ceiling like ONO, Collier or Smith but she's a good get for the Irish. With her ability to finish with either hand and touch from the arch she will fit into the Irish Princeton offense just fine. Her lact of foot speed will cause her trouble agaisnt quicker players though.

So you're saying she's just your typical Notre Dame big girl.............:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger