Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Big get for Texas...she is a scoring machine..

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 9h9 hours ago
WBB: Destiny Littleton, 5-9 G, Bishop’s School (La Jolla, CA–2017), has announced her commitment to Texas; former USC signee; espnW #33
I am not sure how good she is. The competition in San Diego is not very strong. I think her coach gave her Carte Blanche to score and do what she wants out there. That doesn't happen on a more structured team, as Texas and many more elite WCBB teams. The two games her team lost, the San Diego Sectionals and the State Semi Finals she had 10 and 11 turnovers and only scored 15 points in one of the games. To be fair I only saw her twice, I just am not sold on the all around ability................time will tell.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am not sure how good she is. The competition in San Diego is not very strong. I think her coach gave her Carte Blanche to score and do what she wants out there. That doesn't happen on a more structured team, as Texas and many more elite WCBB teams. The two games her team lost, the San Diego Sectionals and the State Semi Finals she had 10 and 11 turnovers and only scored 15 points in one of the games. To be fair I only saw her twice, I just am not sold on the all around ability......time will tell.
She didn't start in the Jordan Brand game. She looked a little heavy but did swish a couple of jumpers. If used and developed properly, she could be a big asset. She's not Destiny Slocum or Jewell Loyd.

Reaction Score
Not sure if UConn had all that much interest in this "local" recruit

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
WBB: Michigan State hosting another top-50 2018 prospect for an official visit starting today: Janai Crooms, 5-9 G, St. Andrew’s School (RI)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not sure if UConn had all that much interest in this "local" recruit

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
WBB: Michigan State hosting another top-50 2018 prospect for an official visit starting today: Janai Crooms, 5-9 G, St. Andrew’s School (RI)
They certainly took a look, but nothing seemed to come of it.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Kathyrn Westbeld's younger sister (Class of 2020) starting to generate some buzz:

1. quick feet, super fast...can't be related to Kathryn Westbeld.:D

I'll deposit a "third party" opinion on said player, from someone who has given us some very spot-on appraisals. BTW, tell me these Westbelds can't sub for one another...as you can probably guess, that's Maddy on the left.)

Coach Bill‏ @NYcoach Apr 25

from #DeepSouth every Power 5 should be all over 6'2" 2020 Combo @maddywestbeld will be as #Versatile as you want OFF @AngelsBballClubpic.twitter.com/m3n9jl7ChK

C-RXJNHXsAExPPq.jpg

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Big get for Texas...she is a scoring machine..

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 9h9 hours ago
WBB: Destiny Littleton, 5-9 G, Bishop’s School (La Jolla, CA–2017), has announced her commitment to Texas; former USC signee; espnW #33

Doesn't Rellah Boothe fancy herself a scoring machine as well? This could be interesting to watch....

Reaction Score
Yup ... it is classic to my way of thinking - and a reason you get so many transfers. According to this story, her college choice is all about:
1. How much love she is getting from the coaching staff during recruiting - hopefully at least one text message a day about anything except basketball.
2. Where her friends are going or are already playing.
3. Location and how it connects to family history.
4. How much love her parents feel from the coaches.

And not a word about:
1. Coaching style and playing style of her finalists
2. Current roster
3. Development of players at the program, and specifically similar players to her.

I am not ripping DeCosta because I really know nothing about her and she didn't write this piece so maybe that second list is a very important part of her process and it just got cut or wasn't discussed with this writer. But I am making a comment about how recruits in general seem ignorant about things that will be critical to their on court development at their 'favorite' schools. Having a working relationship with coaches, and having her parents respect them is obviously important, but that has nothing to do with 140 character texts and the frequency with which they come in. Feeling comfortable with the current team is also important, but most of them are going to be strangers and become new friends.

This article as written highlights everything that a number of really good 'advice to recruits and their families' articles and blogs have pointed out as the worst reasons to select your college.

Knowing and having talked to Decosta she is most certainly looking at everything, especially coaching style and development. She also is likely to go far from home so some familiarity is wanted. That is why it is believed Tennessee and Louisville are the presumed front runners for her.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Knowing and having talked to Decosta she is most certainly looking at everything, especially coaching style and development. She also is likely to go far from home so some familiarity is wanted. That is why it is believed Tennessee and Louisville are the presumed front runners for her.
Sorry, but I can't pass up this opportunity! :rolleyes::cool::p
Isn't the red highlight, followed by the orange highlight a classic oxymoron or at least a complete contradiction?!:):eek:

Reaction Score
Doesn't Rellah Boothe fancy herself a scoring machine as well? This could be interesting to watch....

Rellah has a need for the ball as does Joyner Holmes..............there is definitely going to be a struggle early on to see who gets what shot when........will be fun to watch Brooke McCarty figure it all out ............good luck Coach Aston

Reaction Score
Destiny Littleton, Rellah Boothe, and several other Longhorns are going to be scoring machines. We'll see you in Austin in February (or Jan?). Not sure of the date.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
While Littleton's 40+ point scoring average is an eye-catcher, I'm more impressed that she was a 90% free throw shooter and knocked down 150 three-pointers. Texas needs both of those skills on its team.

Women's Basketball signs Destiny Littleton for 2017-18

I didn't get see her in the finals of the 3-point shooting contest during the McDonald's AA week, but recall she advanced that far.

This late in the recruiting process, an unexpected signee like this is a huge bonus. Here's to hoping she returns to being 100% healthy soon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Raoul‏ @Raoul_000 4h4 hours ago
WBB: Recruiting upd. on Cate Reese, 6-3 F, Cypress Woods HS (TX-2018); suitors incl. Arizona, S. Carolina, Texas A&M http://www.espn.com/espnw/sports/article/19255734/women-basketball-recruit-cate-reese-diagnosed-diabetes-motor-mentor …

Dillon77

Reaction Score
So, Ms. Breen, the 6'2" forward from Pittsburgh, has shifted her initial sights from Dayton to B1G and ACC.

Raoul‏ @Raoul_000
Raoul Retweeted Mike White

North Carolina in the mix for Sam Breen, former Dayton signee. Per previous reports, she has already visited Penn State and Virginia Tech.

Raoul added,

Mike WhiteVerified account @mwhiteburgh
North Carolina Tar Heels womens hoops team has joined sweepstakes to get N. Catholic player Sam Breen. UNC has offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom