Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mikalya Boykin (Duke) completed the single best season in NC High School Girl's history with her school winning the 2-A State championship. According to Maxpreps.... she averaged 37.6pts.... 13.9 rebounds, 6.6 assists, and 5.7 steals for the season. Broke Shea Ralph's single game scoring record of 61pts.... she scored 62 and 63 points in separate games. Also broke Ralph's record for most points scored in a season.... Ralph had 1,135..... Boykin finished with 1,159 pts for the season. She probably would have set the state record for careers points.. but she missed her sophomore and junior years with knee injuries.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Well. I wasn't quite sure of what thread to place this news in, but figured that transfers can be recruits, too, and that this particular one is not headed to Storrs.

Aalyiah Wilson, a McDonald's All-American guard out of Muskogee H.S. in Oklahoma, is transferring out of Arkansas after one year. In the 2016 final rankings of Hoopgurlz and Prospects Nation, she was ranked #30 and #12 overall, respectively. This appears to be connected to Jimmy Dykes resigning as Arkansas' HC, based on the article connected to Raoul's tweet below. The tweet also mentions the other schools she considered when she chose Arkansas. If she goes through the usual transfer process, it will be interesting to see which of those schools are in the market for a guard in 2018. Given the NCAA's mercurial exemption rulings this season --hello Chatrice White -- she could be playing next year. Whatever the year, if I was C. Vivian Stringer, I'd be on a plane to OKC shortly.

Reaction Score
Well. I wasn't quite sure of what thread to place this news in, but figured that transfers can be recruits, too, and that this particular one is not headed to Storrs.

Aalyiah Wilson, a McDonald's All-American guard out of Muskogee H.S. in Oklahoma, is transferring out of Arkansas after one year. In the 2016 final rankings of Hoopgurlz and Prospects Nation, she was ranked #30 and #12 overall, respectively. This appears to be connected to Jimmy Dykes resigning as Arkansas' HC, based on the article connected to Raoul's tweet below. The tweet also mentions the other schools she considered when she chose Arkansas. If she goes through the usual transfer process, it will be interesting to see which of those schools are in the market for a guard in 2018. Given the NCAA's mercurial exemption rulings this season --hello Chatrice White -- she could be playing next year. Whatever the year, if I was C. Vivian Stringer, I'd be on a plane to OKC shortly

I'd say she wants to stay close to home so Baylor seems the likely winner but who knows maybe she will consider Oklahoma

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Karissa McLaughlin, 2017 Indiana Gatorade Player of the Year, opened up her recruitment again after Coach Butler at Florida was let go. The Gators will be considered but a lot obviously depends on how McLaughlin gets along with the coach. She's also concentrating heavily on Purdue, Indiana and Michigan.

The Wolverines' Katelynn Flaherty is going to be a senior next year so heading up to Ann Arbor to play with/learn from her could be a good situation. Plus, Asst. Coach Megan Duffy is a solid guards coach.
Similarly, Tyra Buss will be a senor at Indiana next year.

Besides those four, apparently 20 D-1 WCBB coaches have reached out to her. Someone is going to get a guard with a solid handle and deadly outside jumper during the April signing period.

Indiana Gatorade player of the year Karissa McLaughlin swamped with suitors after reopening her recruitment

Reaction Score
I agree with you on this and wonder why not adapt what ND does with Turner as she seems to do ok in a guard orientated offense as a very mobile center ala Wilson. Plus as one of the best guards ever to play, I never understood Dawn's efforts to keep pounding it inside.

Because she has nobody that can consistently make 3 pt shots. Cuevas Moore(.388) is the only player in their rotation that has a 3pt fg % above .350.

Reaction Score
Because she has nobody that can consistently make 3 pt shots. Cuevas Moore(.388) is the only player in their rotation that has a 3pt fg % above .350.

I wonder though if their numbers would improve if they more fully incorporated the three into their game plan............in the past if they missed a few they would go back inside and that would be it.................

Reaction Score
Wow.........all three Mabrey sisters have now won NJ POY...........haven't heard much about her recruiting situation..........either everybody assumes she's going to Notre Dame or she's going to pull a Katie Lou and go far, far away.........

Gregg Lerner‏ @GreggLerner Mar 13
Congrats to @SquanGirlsBball Jr. G Dara Mabrey, named Gatorade NJ Player of the Year. Joins sisters Marina & Michaela in getting the honor.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Wow....all three Mabrey sisters have now won NJ POY......haven't heard much about her recruiting situation.....either everybody assumes she's going to Notre Dame or she's going to pull a Katie Lou and go far, far away....

Gregg Lerner‏ @GreggLerner Mar 13
Congrats to @SquanGirlsBball Jr. G Dara Mabrey, named Gatorade NJ Player of the Year. Joins sisters Marina & Michaela in getting the honor.

Charlie: I -- and a lot of very interested McGraw's Bench folks -- have not heard about either Dara's intent toward Notre Dame and/or ND's interest in her.

Dara is Class of 2018. Muffet is on record as saying she'll take 4 recruits for sure, possibly 5. Thus far, she has three commitments: point guard Jenna Brown, guard Katlyn Gilbert and guard/wing Abby Prohaska. It's a pretty safe bet that the fourth slot is going to be used on a forward/center. That leaves a 5th slot (maybe) that theoretically could go to best possible recruit. We're still a part of the Christyn Williams 5-card draw game, but she has not visited ND yet. Quite candidly, she's a great player but after the Walker/Westbrook scenarios, we're a tad gunshy of drawn-out situations.

I've probably driven my McGraw Bench colleagues nuts with Dara information...I think she'd be a natural fit, but can't say I have any info and certainly no input.

Plus, who knows what Dara wants? Perhaps she wants to chart her own course? I have no doubt she'll be successful wherever she goes. I'd prefer it to be in South Bend :rolleyes:;)

Reaction Score
Charlie: I -- and a lot of very interested McGraw's Bench folks -- have not heard about either Dara's intent toward Notre Dame and/or ND's interest in her.

I've probably driven my McGraw Bench colleagues nuts with Dara information...I think she'd be a natural fit, but can't say I have any info and certainly no input.

Plus, who knows what Dara wants? Perhaps she wants to chart her own course? I have no doubt she'll be successful wherever she goes. I'd prefer it to be in South Bend :rolleyes:;)

There's no question that she's good enough to play at any of the top schools...........she's far quicker then her sisters ever were, shoots the ball just about as well and is a far better ball handler.............and she has that aggressive Mabrey attitude which we know is a Jersey thing...............

Dillon77

Reaction Score
There's no question that she's good enough to play at any of the top schools......she's far quicker then her sisters ever were, shoots the ball just about as well and is a far better ball handler...and she has that aggressive Mabrey attitude which we know is a Jersey thing.....

Agreed on all fronts...she also plays good defense on guards. Many folks could see her taking the Mychal Johnson role at ND, but adding ball handling and shooting to it. Once again, if she's inclined to do the ND thing and if ND has a spot for her, it would be a great fit.

Truth be told, she can play anywhere.

Reaction Score
Agreed on all fronts...she also plays good defense on guards. Many folks could see her taking the Mychal Johnson role at ND, but adding ball handling and shooting to it. Once again, if she's inclined to do the ND thing and if ND has a spot for her, it would be a great fit.

Truth be told, she can play anywhere.

BTW big sister tweeted a very funny line regarding those critics who think little sister is the most talented.........it has since been deleted

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
@Dillon77 or @Orangutan is Westbeld hurt? She has not appeared in Robert Morris game so far. Boley got the start?

She has been dealing with an ankle injury since late January. Not sure of the specific injury but it isn't healing. She does not practice, just plays in games. Apparently she is not risking further injury and how much she plays is down to "pain management".

She has sat out or played very limited minutes against most unranked opponents since the injury. I expect she will play vs. Purdue though it wouldn't shock me if Boley starts and Kat is in "break glass in case of emergency" mode.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Manasquan, Franklin To Play In NJ Tournament of Champions Final Monday, 6:30 p.m.

Manasquan H.S.,led by its usual troika of Dara Mabrey, Faith Masonius and Stella Clarke, ripped the Red Bank Catholic Caseys, 74-45 to make its fourth straight New Jersey Tournament of Champions Final. Mabrey led the Warriors with 24 points-3 assists-4 rebounds, while Masonius had 17 points and 7 rebounds and Clark 9 points and 3 steals.

Girls Basketball: Full coverage of No. 2 Manasquan's big win to reach 4th straight T of C final

Meanwhile, Franklin upset top-seeded Rutgers Prep 66-57 to move into the ToC final for the first time. This will be the first time two public high schools have faced off since 2014. Franklin was led by Camille Gray with 20 points and 3 steals and Diamond Miller had 15 points, 8 rebounds and 3 each of steals, assists and blocks. Rutgers Prep, which had not lost a game since they lost to Franklin in 2016, was led by super sophomore Leilani Corrrea, who had 26 points and 8 rebounds and Gabi Redden, who also had 8 rebounds to go with her 11 points.

Girls basketball: Full coverage of No. 9 Franklin's shocker over No. 1 Rutgers Prep to reach T of C final

The championship game takes place Monday at 6:30 p.m. and will have a live video feed if you feel like checking in. The "tape" will the be posted later on the same link.
New Jersey High School Girls Basketball - NJ.com

Reaction Score
Surprised that Manasquan won by such a large margin..........Franklin beat our top rival Pascack Valley to get to the Rutgers Prep game so I knew they were good............still thought Correa and Redden (Marist) would pull it out...........Manasquan lost to Rutgers Prep so based on that Franklin should be considered a favorite

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Surprised that Manasquan won by such a large margin.....Franklin beat our top rival Pascack Valley to get to the Rutgers Prep game so I knew they were good..still thought Correa and Redden (Marist) would pull it out......Manasquan lost to Rutgers Prep so based on that Franklin should be considered a favorite

From that perspective, I hear what you say. But Manasquan seems to be over their mini-lull and Clarke is over whatever illness was dogging her. Plus, Faith Masonious seems to raise it a level in the ToC. Lastly, Franklin has never played in a final -- if they blink, the Warriors will score 10. I'm going to go with Manasquan here.

Reaction Score
Franklin pulls off the TOC victory over Manasquan on a buzzer beater.....if you don't think they take WBB seriously in NJ take a look at the video.......my scouting friends say that Diamond Miller 6'0" 2019 Franklin off guard is going to be moving up the Hoopgulz rankings as her play this year has been stellar........currently #8 nationally at her position

WATCH: Franklin wins the girls basketball T of C final on buzzer beater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34