Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 59 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll say. It's pretty rare that a program hauls in consecutive top-5 classes, but Holly appears to have done just that. I know that Pat used to have a top-3 class pretty much every year, but for everyone else (including UConn) it's been a rare occurrence to have back-to-back highly ranked classes. At least that's my impression.

ohhhhhhh my........the pressure..........can you just imagine what the fans will say if they under perform this year......

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
No semblance of a half-court offense for Tennessee tonight. Pressing a Div II team in the 3rd quarter to build up the lead rather than running good half-court offense that they'll need to run against good teams.

I predict 10 losses for Tennessee this year.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No semblance of a half-court offense for Tennessee tonight. Pressing a Div II team in the 3rd quarter to build up the lead rather than running good half-court offense that they'll need to run against good teams.

I predict 10 losses for Tennessee this year.
Tonight? With a few exceptions, that statement covers the past 35 years, unless one considers "chuck and board" to be an offensive scheme.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
The freshman scored 76 points. Evina showed her passing ability.

Just watched the game on ESPN3.

My thoughts were Hayes and Davis looked good. Hayes needs to be the starting PG. Hands down. Westbrook started and she made a few good passes but the offense looked better when Hayes was the PG. Westbrook needs to play 2/3.

Davis scored 27 and was athletic around basket and has some nice offensive rebounds but honestly the plays she was making around basket I felt Russell or Nared should have been making.
I will keep my eye on the Volunteers this season. Holly has talent. Now she needs to coach them up and not let them call the shots.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Just watched the game on ESPN3.

My thoughts were Hayes and Davis looked good. Hayes needs to be the starting PG. Hands down. Westbrook started and she made a few good passes but the offense looked better when Hayes was the PG. Westbrook needs to play 2/3.

Davis scored 27 and was athletic around basket and has some nice offensive rebounds but honestly the plays she was making around basket I felt Russell or Nared should have been making.
I will keep my eye on the Volunteers this season. Holly has talent. Now she needs to coach them up and not let them call the shots.
The point guard position was one I was most interested on seeing tonight. I think both will spend time there. Davis can just make plays with that athletic ability.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
After Tennessee beat Carson-Newman by 39 points last year Holly said: "I think our chemistry is awesome."

I do wonder if at some point during the season Mercedes Russell asks herself whether it was a good idea to return. The offense should run through her and I saw none of that. The offense was a bit of a free-for-all.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
After Tennessee beat Carson-Newman by 39 points last year Holly said: "I think our chemistry is awesome."

I do wonder if at some point during the season Mercedes Russell asks herself whether it was a good idea to return. The offense should run through her and I saw none of that. The offense was a bit of a free-for-all.

I think a better question to ask herself is “why didn’t I just stay in Oregon?”

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
South Carolina grabs a commitment as we enter early signing period....

Apparently very athletic. While Hoopgurlz has her at #50, Prospects Nation thinks (more than) a bit higher of her talents and places her at #25.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Apparently very athletic. While Hoopgurlz has her at #50, Prospects Nation thinks (more than) a bit more highly of her and places her at #25.

Kenny Kalina spoke about here recently..........very athletic with big upside but definitely an unfinished product..........let's see if Dawn bring out her potential

Reaction Score

Apparently very athletic. While Hoopgurlz has her at #50, Prospects Nation thinks (more than) a bit more highly of her and places her at #25.

Glad this was Dawn’s new little birdie in the nest, not CW or ONO

Last edited:

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score

121 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman