Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 61 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Texas loves to recruit over the same position. Taylor is a G/W as well as Jones who will play G/W in college. Isn't Texas bringing in two G/Ws next year in Allen-Taylor and Audrey Warren and also has a G/W on the bench in Littleton? I really like to see how KA is going to juggle playing time and keep these players happy. So far boothe is playing a average of about 5 min per game and Joyner Holmes hasn't even returned yet. Just something to keep your eyes on....
Doesn't seem like you follow Texas recruiting too closely; at least do some research before spouting off. 2018 Joanne Allen-Taylor is a 5'8 SG and Audrey Warren is listed at 5'9. 2017 SG Destiny Littleton is listed at 5'9.

Women's Basketball signs nation's No. 2 recruiting class - University of Texas

So, getting 2019 SG Celeste Taylor at 5'11 gives us a taller guard which we won't have on the roster next season when Ariel Atkins departs.

Haley Jones is listed at 6'1; definitely more of a small forward.

I don't see a problem; but, keep telling yourself there is . . .

Reaction Score
Doesn't seem like you follow Texas recruiting too closely; at least do some research before spouting off. 2018 Joanne Allen-Taylor is a 5'8 SG and Audrey Warren is listed at 5'9. 2017 SG Destiny Littleton is listed at 5'9.

So, getting 2019 SG Celeste Taylor at 5'11 gives us a taller guard which we won't have on the roster next season when Ariel Atkins departs.

Jones is very versatile, but I think she’s more of a four in college and even played some 5 with her AAU team.

Reaction Score

Uhh since when has height had anything to do with position?? Just because they differentiate in height doesn't mean they all don't play the same position and they do! They are all SG! So therefore you don't seem to follow your own teams recruiting because if you did you would know all these players play the same position! Jones played 3/4 for the Cal Stars but has expressed interest of playing on the Wing(2/3) in College so therefore that's over recruiting on KA end.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Uhh since when has height had anything to do with position?? Just because they differentiate in height doesn't mean they all don't play the same position and they do! They are all SG! So therefore you don't seem to follow your own teams recruiting because if you did you would know all these players play the same position! Jones played 3/4 for the Cal Stars but has expressed interest of playing on the Wing(2/3) in College so therefore that's over recruiting on KA end.
Whatever. Clearly you don't like the recruiting success Texas is enjoying; that much is evident. Didn't see you whining when Dawn was drawing in all those transfers.

Height allows some players to play multiple positions, especially when it comes to defending the opposition. Bottom line is we don't have another player on the roster with Celeste's size and skills on the roster next year. So, she's a great addition for 2019-20.

Reaction Score
Whatever. Clearly you don't like the recruiting success Texas is enjoying; that much is evident. Didn't see you whining when Dawn was drawing in all those transfers.

Height allows some players to play multiple positions, especially when it comes to defending the opposition. Bottom line is we don't have another player on the roster with Celeste's size and skills on the roster next year. So, she's a great addition for 2019-20.

I honestly don't care about Texas or who they are recruiting just pointing out the obvious. It really doesn't matter who Texas recruit if it can't translate to wins and championships on the court. Congrats on getting a good player and may she bring you much success and wins :D

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Having just scrolled down the Longhorn's roster, that's what struck me was that Ms. Atkins is graduating. However, Taylor is not coming aboard until 2019. Good get. As Orangutan pointed out in an earlier post, the Irish had been making serious inroads into NYC-Long Island area recently (Danielle Patterson-Danielle Cosgrove-Jordan Nixon) and a number of us were hoping that Taylor was going to joined that group.

She even came out to see ND's first (and only) home game, which featured the honoring of Kayla McBride. In fact many people commented how much Celeste Taylor resembled K-Mac. Well, it was a moment then....:rolleyes: . Maybe the Irish will have better luck with Diamond Miller, the wing from New Jersey, who also visited.

In any case, best of luck to the Taylor family and to Texas. Based on what I've seen and heard, you got a fine person and player.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
agreed, I'd rather have seen her go to ND then to Texas....I know UConn scouted her, I was there when CD was watching at a tournament in January but alas no room at the inn for Celeste......

Well, maybe Niele Ivey will redirect her recruiting flights from South Bend and LaGuardia to Newark. Apparently, Diamond Miller took an unofficial the same day as Celeste Taylor so maybe the Eastern focus will shift to the Garden State this year. We'll see.

Knock on wood, I'll be traveling to the Palestra next Saturday to see the Irish take on UPenn. Besides seeing half of the Jersey Shore there to watch Marina Mabrey ;), I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any possible Jersey/Pennsylvania/Long Island recruits and/or commits.

Reaction Score
Well, maybe Niele Ivey will redirect her recruiting flights from South Bend and LaGuardia to Newark. Apparently, Diamond Miller took an unofficial the same day as Celeste Taylor so maybe the Eastern focus will shift to the Garden State this year. We'll see.

Knock on wood, I'll be traveling to the Palestra next Saturday to see the Irish take on UPenn. Besides seeing half of the Jersey Shore there to watch Marina Mabrey ;), I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for any possible Jersey/Pennsylvania/Long Island recruits and/or commits.

Dillon don't forget that Coaches Classic tournament on January 28th in Holmdel............RBC, SJV, LIL, Rutgers Prep, Manasquan and more all back to back.........must have been fifty college scouts last year............

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Dillon don't forget that Coaches Classic tournament on January 28th in Holmdel..RBC, SJV, LIL, Rutgers Prep, Manasquan and more all back to back....must have been fifty college scouts last year..

Writing it down on the calendar as I type. Thanks Charlie!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I honestly don't care about Texas or who they are recruiting just pointing out the obvious. It really doesn't matter who Texas recruit if it can't translate to wins and championships on the court. Congrats on getting a good player and may she bring you much success and wins :D
Not very gracious of you. Some were saying the same of SC for the past three years prior to April 2017.

Reaction Score
Writing it down on the calendar as I type. Thanks Charlie!

I'll post the info as it gets closer................shouldn't take you you more then 45 minutes from Montclair.......

Reaction Score
Must be strong interest from both parties considering she traveled all the way from California... would love for SC to land her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Unofficial not official..... ;)
That's a long way to go for an unofficial visit too Cali-SC. I disapprove. :eek:
Speaking of which, very bad form on your part to just plop Haley in a Non-UCONN recruiting thread. Did you really think nobody would notice & snitch?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Haley Jones taking that unofficial visit all the way out to South Carolina sits well for the Gamecocks; pretty much indicates to me that she is very open and very likely to leave the state of California for college.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Haley Jones taking that unofficial visit all the way out to South Carolina sits well for the Gamecocks; pretty much indicates to me that she is very open and very likely to leave the state of California for college.
Of course she was going to leave California for college, how else would she end up at UCONN?

Reaction Score

As an OU fan I would like to see Jones land at OU if not Uconn. Dawn still has work to do when it comes to signing top high school players out of high school, Jones could end up at South Carolina, but I sure she's not close to committing just yet.

Reaction Score
That's a long way to go for an unofficial visit too Cali-SC. I disapprove. :eek:
Speaking of which, very bad form on your part to just plop Haley in a Non-UCONN recruiting thread. Did you really think nobody would notice & snitch?

Well of course I knew you'd notice it coco :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As an OU fan I would like to see Jones land at OU if not Uconn. Dawn still has work to do when it comes to signing top high school players out of high school, Jones could end up at South Carolina, but I sure she's not close to committing just yet.

OU as in Oklahoma??

Reaction Score
OU as in Oklahoma??
Is there any other OU?

upload_2017-12-5_19-16-6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics