Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 58 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Where the heck is Andrea Aquino on that Bluestar list? Not in the top 60 for 2018 unless I'm missing it, but I looked over the list several times. Seems like a major oversight based on where others are ranking her (top 10-ish). I know there are discrepancies between various ranking services sometimes, but that glaring of a difference?

Reaction Score
Where the heck is Andrea Aquino on that Bluestar list? Not in the top 60 for 2018 unless I'm missing it, but I looked over the list several times. Seems like a major oversight based on where others are ranking her (top 10-ish). I know there are discrepancies between various ranking services sometimes, but that glaring of a difference?

could just be an oversight.........she did switch high schools moving to the west coast right? She is what she is, the #7 ESPN ranking is a bit absurd as I view her as somewhat of a project........think of a more agile version of Nancy Mulkey........could end up being better then I thought if somebody can light a fire under her butt

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well Rueck turned Hamblin and Gulic into effective post players, I think they were far more of projects with less potential upside than Aquino. He has a very good track record w/ posts during his tenure at OSU.

Reaction Score
Well Rueck turned Hamblin and Gulic into effective post players, I think they were far more of projects with less potential upside than Aquino. He has a very good track record w/ posts during his tenure at OSU.

I look forward to seeing her transformation.........she seemed to be a very pleasant kid and appeared well liked by her team mates

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
good get for Purdue

She has a long way to go. She is not even the best player on her team. She was o the ESPN Watch List her freshman year. I was very disappointed when I watched her play. The coach is using her like he did Napheesa which is inside and when she can't get the ball she does not help her team much. If he allows her to work on a mid range game she may become a very good player. As of now, a fellow junior, KiKi Britzman?, and a senior guard Sonya Morris, a first team All State selection, are better players. I plan on seeing Incarnate Word quite often this season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just. Don’t. Get. It.
Probably because you are a UCONN WBB fan.
TN just signed a top 50 recruit in the class of 2018.
Signing a top 50 recruit is cause for celebration at probably every other school besides UCONN.
BTW the UCONN roster currently has 2 players (last year it was 5) that were rated below where Rae is ranked by ESPN.

Reaction Score
Darn it, Oregon St. was hoping to get Burrell. I know Tennessee has more tradition, but you get to wear orange either way and Rueck is 10 times the coach Holly is.

it's the weather...........:oops:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Probably because you are a UCONN WBB fan.
TN just signed a top 50 recruit in the class of 2018.
Signing a top 50 recruit is cause for celebration at probably every other school besides UCONN.
BTW the UCONN roster currently has 2 players (last year it was 5) that were rated below where Rae is ranked by ESPN.

Nope! Not what i meant at all.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
it's the weather......:oops:

It is known to rain quite a bit in the Willamette Valley during the winter, but summers are lovely. Winters are usually fairly mild, although it's been colder in recent years. Not sure what Knoxville is like. I bet they get plenty of rain as well. The NW has a reputation of raining every day, but most of the east coast and southeast actually get more annual precipitation. We just have a lot of gray days out here.

Oh, Knoxville edges out Corvallis in average rainfall, 49 inches to 43.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Tennessee needed a good class to follow this year's class. Holly at SEC media days. Talked about finding kids that fit into your system.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Darn it, Oregon St. was hoping to get Burrell. I know Tennessee has more tradition, but you get to wear orange either way and Rueck is 10 times the coach Holly is.
There's no comparison between Oregon State orange and Tennessee orange. Oregon State orange is wearable and looks alright. Tennessee orange is that awful stuff-inside-the-pumpkin orange that makes their stadium look like a garbage workers' convention.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Tennessee needed a good class to follow this year's class. Holly at SEC media days. Talked about finding kids that fit into your system.
I have to hand it to Holly. The year (was it 2 years ago?) when she completely whiffed on recruiting seems like a distant memory now. The LV fans who were on the verge of storming the palace with pitchforks and torches have reason to hope again.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I have to hand it to Holly. The year (was it 2 years ago?) when she completely whiffed on recruiting seems like a distant memory now. The LV fans who were on the verge of storming the palace with pitchforks and torches have reason to hope again.
It was just 2 years ago when Harris was only recruit. It was just a one year thing looks like.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
There's no comparison between Oregon State orange and Tennessee orange. Oregon State orange is wearable and looks alright. Tennessee orange is that awful stuff-inside-the-pumpkin orange that makes their stadium look like a garbage workers' convention.

Well, if Holly has gotten all these kids to join the ride in the pumpkin-turned-carriage to the grand ball, she'd better be up to the task of making them into a team that can remember the steps and make the right moves, otherwise they'll just have those pumpkin-colored uniforms. Who knows -- maybe one of these kids (Westbrook?) has pied-piper qualities?
(This is another way of saying, I don't get it either....;) )

Plebe

Reaction Score
It was just 2 years ago when Harris was only recruit. It was just a one year thing looks like.
I'll say. It's pretty rare that a program hauls in consecutive top-5 classes, but Holly appears to have done just that. I know that Pat used to have a top-3 class pretty much every year, but for everyone else (including UConn) it's been a rare occurrence to have back-to-back highly ranked classes. At least that's my impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom