Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 56 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
OAN:

Wonder how Baylor and Texas hitting home runs in 2018 will effect them in 2019? .. specifically with Brunelle and Texas. I know she’s a big fan of the Longhorns.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
OAN:

Wonder how Baylor and Texas hitting home runs in 2018 will effect them in 2019? .. specifically with Brunelle and Texas. I know she’s a big fan of the Longhorns.
I don't know how big a fan she is; but, Texas' glaring need is a true SF with ideal 6'2 height and the ability to shoot the three pointer.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I don't know how big a fan she is; but, Texas' glaring need is a true SF with ideal 6'2 height and the ability to shoot the three pointer.

I mean... not sure how glaring it is, you kinda just described Rellah Boothe.

UNLESS... Aston’s plan is to put her at the high post.. which is slightly opposite of what Rellah was putting out there during her recruitment.. that she was most interested in schools that would let her play on the wing more often than not.

I guess it works. She’ll be a junior by the time Sam would supposedly get there.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
hopefully now all the non UConn folks will finally stop with the "UConn wins because they get all of the best players" crap!!!!
Seriously, the only way they'll stop with that is if UConn stops winning. They (the detractors) have never been ones to let facts stand in their way.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'd put money on that class of 5 at Baylor won't last longer than 1 year, intact. That is a lot of talent, with a lot of talent ahead of them.

Sorry EastTx., just my humble opinion. That being said, that is one heck of a class. Best wishes.

This coming from a Louisville fan ????? :rolleyes:

sca.jpg

Reaction Score
Super classes are tough to keep together, moreso now with the increase in transfers. Baylor and Texas have done well for themselves this cycle, as has FSU. If they stay together remains to be seen, but these squads have positioned themselves to win a lot of games the next few years.

Reaction Score
This girl is 12.....

she's already a well know commodity in Jersey Shore circles even though she lives in Staten Island.........considered by many to be one of the best if not the best east coast player in her class........

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All this concern about height. Quickness, speed, outside shooting are key elements in winning. Tack on ball handling and yourve got something you can call a competitive team. Stop worrying about having alot of height if you dont have the rest. UConns defense has proven they can control height.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
All this concern about height. Quickness, speed, outside shooting are key elements in winning. Tack on ball handling and yourve got something you can call a competitive team. Stop worrying about having alot of height if you dont have the rest. UConns defense has proven they can control height.

True but margin of error decreases without some height (especially on the defensive end). That is why depth is so important and why I am smiling. :D

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
If Kim doesn't schedule a strong OOC schedule next season every Baylor fan is going to be PO'd. I hope she adds Tennessee to the list.

Remember, they (other teams) need to "want" to play Baylor too. the OOC schedule this year is not horrible. They do play Kentucky, UCLA, and Stanford. UConn is already on their list for 2018-19 OOC.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
she's already a well know commodity in Jersey Shore circles even though she lives in Staten Island....considered by many to be one of the best if not the best east coast player in her class...

She's considered the best player in her class period.

Reaction Score
She's considered the best player in her class period.

Well she should be quite a player if she sticks with it...........rankings at this age don't mean a whole lot as there are so many variables that can effect a player between now and graduation.........I've met her Dad a couple of times...........nice guy who's pretty serious about her training activities.............

Reaction Score
BTW ESPN has Chang rated as a three star recruit with a score of 89 and the 35th rated guard in the 2019 class...........another case where there is a big disparity among talent evaluators........

Reaction Score
With Egbo committing to Baylor, that makes 5. Texas has 4. Texas sure does know how to keep it's talent. And what are Mulkey & Aston telling them that Gary Blair, the better of the 3, isn't telling them. Or it a desire to compete in the Big 12 rather than the SEC. Idk. What I do know is that the Baylor vs Texas rivalry is fun to watch. I'm excited to see the post play specifically in these two games of the Big 12 play Kalani Brown (best back to basket post in the country), Dekeiya Cohen (can't wait see to her get playing time), Lauren Cox (sophomore jump?) vs Rellah Boothe (trash talker), Jatarie White (now eligible), Joyner (can't play 1st half season, will be amped to play.)

"It's not a new sheriff in town yet!" -Kim Mulkey after the Baylor win last year (lol) -- I can't wait for the season to start!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
hopefully now all the non UConn folks will finally stop with the "UConn wins because they get all of the best players" crap!!!!

Hopefully they will too and the reason being that Baylor wins a few NCs...with a lot of the best talent.

Reaction Score
Hopefully they will too and the reason being that Baylor wins a few NCs...with a lot of the best talent.

just remember as your talent gets better, the weight of expectations can be a heavy burden........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom