Non-UConn Recruiting Information | Page 67 | The Boneyard

Non-UConn Recruiting Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I wouldn't fret too hard. Fran was not very impressive this summer for USA basketball.

Fair. On the other hand, she only started playing basketball a little over two years ago and we know that her athleticism is off the charts. She may just be scratching the surface of her talent.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I wouldn't fret too hard. Fran was not very impressive this summer for USA basketball.

She rode the hype train from that dunking video to a pretty respectable ranking.. but i don’t think she’s a game changer at this point in time. Stanford would be an interesting pick as far as her style of play..

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Fair. On the other hand, she only started playing basketball a little over two years ago and we know that her athleticism is off the charts. She may just be scratching the surface of her talent.

I think that's a very valid point. Bring her in and train/coach her up.

There appears to be "mutual interest" (MM's term, not mine) between Notre Dame and the dunkers from Colorado (Ms. Belibi) and Canada, Laeticia Amihere (although Ms. Amihere's list is still pretty large). ND coach sightings were reported in southern Canada this off season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I think that's a very valid point. Bring her in and train/coach her up.

There appears to be "mutual interest" (MM's term, not mine) between Notre Dame and the dunkers from Colorado (Ms. Belibi) and Canada, Laeticia Amihere (although Ms. Amihere's list is still pretty large). ND coach sightings were reported in southern Canada this off season.

The last big ND got from Ontario turned out ok...I wouldn't mind another one.

Reaction Score
I realize this is a women's board, but some of you may be interested in one of the latest male phenoms that recently committed to play at he next level. His name is Zion Williamson. To say he's special is putting it mildly. He could possibly be the next Shaquille O'Neal, Take a look:

There’s always the same clump of high-level college basketball programs competing for elite high school players: Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, Arizona, Michigan State. ... You get the point.

Except in recent years, that clump has been thinning. Specifically, it’s almost gotten to the point where the best high school players can flip a coin – join Kentucky coach John Calipari’s NBA pipeline in Lexington, or head to Durham for a brief tutelage under legendary Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.

On Saturday night, arguably the most-hyped high school prospect since LeBron James had to make that same decision. Spartanburg native Zion Williamson, the No. 3 overall player in the Class of 2018, according to the ESPN 100, had narrowed his choices to powerhouses Kentucky, Duke, and North Carolina, plus local favorites in Clemson and South Carolina.

Ultimately he chose Duke, giving the Blue Devils the No. 1 recruiting class for the fourth time in five years. The one time they didn't?. That was 2015, when they had the No. 2-ranked class and won the NCAA championship.

[Story]

I know Zion and his family personally and I must say though I'm upset he didn't pick SC I'm glad he found a great coach in K. Zion skills and Athleticism is next level. He is a different prospect then O'Neal, I think he's comparable to Rasheed Wallace or Andre Drummond.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the schools that's recruiting Kierstan Bell? Her recruiting has been awfully quiet but man this girl can PLAY! Put up 38 points in front of LeBron James agaisnt Maryland commit Taylor Mikesell.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the schools that's recruiting Kierstan Bell? Her recruiting has been awfully quiet but man this girl can PLAY! Put up 38 points in front of LeBron James agaisnt Maryland commit Taylor Mikesell.

I can't remember where I read it but she is a Heavy Heavy tOSU lean.
Scratch that is about half way through this video.
Canton McKinley Forward/Guard Kierstan Bell

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
God I hope not!! I would hate to see another talented player go to waste!

I tweeted about Bell one day. Just simple stats and game info with a highlight video attached. One of our coaches liked my tweet.

Take that for what it's worth.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
God I hope not!! I would hate to see another talented player go to waste!
I predicted a while ago that tOSU was likely to get one or more of Bell, Horston, Cooke from instate in 2019. Don't know if you been keeping track but Cooke "followers" which includes her father has been very noisy since this summer. To hear them tell it Zia won the U16 FIBA gold Medal by herself. Don't know if that had anything to do with UCONN walking away but they've been pretty noisy on youtube. Zia looking more and more like Kelsey Mitchell (Part II) Another question is will Kevin be around when this goes down.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I predicted a while ago that tOSU was likely to get one or more of Bell, Horston, Cooke from instate in 2019. Don't know if you been keeping track but Cooke "followers" which includes her father has been very noisy since this summer. To hear them tell it Zia won the U16 FIBA gold Medal by herself. Don't know if that had anything to do with UCONN walking away but they've been pretty noisy on youtube. Zia looking more and more like Kelsey Mitchell (Part II) Another question is will Kevin be around when this goes down.

Ohio State, the entire Midwest really, is definitely on an upswing in talent. Will be interesting to see if programs like Michigan and Ohio State can take advantage of this. 2019 is a special class for the state of Ohio.

Reaction Score
I couldn't resist this story............this young lady is one of the nicest kids I've ever had the privilege to meet.....she's short in stature only and is an example to everybody in high school basketball about how you can successfully combine academics and athletics without any attitude what so ever...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom