Non-Key Tweets | Page 976 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Don't disagree, but when a conference has survived multiple "fatal" wounds throughout it's history and has continued to thrive, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to do it again.
Because the paradigm is about to be turned on its head like it never has before.

Reaction Score
The other Fox game also got outdrawn by ESPN games. It involved the B1G. Making such declarations without contextualizing weakens the argument.
Fair point. I stand by my assertion that I think the BE won’t survive in the upcoming landscape without accepting a football wing. I can see an ACC remnant/Big East merger that is strong G-whatever in both football and hoops.

Reaction Score
Fair point. I stand by my assertion that I think the BE won’t survive in the upcoming landscape without accepting a football wing. I can see an ACC remnant/Big East merger that is strong G-whatever in both football and hoops.
Not happening. The TV money is from football and you would need at least 12 football schools for a BE football league to make any sense. And, it would mean a 21 school BE basketball conference which isn't going to work. Plus, you would bring back the football/basketball tension again which nobody wants.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
A big East with Duke, Syracuse, BC, Pitt and maybe NCST would be fun. They all are fairly local and there would be existing rivalries there. You would need 2 more local teams to get to 8 football schools. I’m not sure you would want the Cali teams or SMU, but the alternatives would be UMass, Temple and Buffalo

Reaction Score
A big East with Duke, Syracuse, BC, Pitt and maybe NCST would be fun. They all are fairly local and there would be existing rivalries there. You would need 2 more local teams to get to 8 football schools. I’m not sure you would want the Cali teams or SMU, but the alternatives would be UMass, Temple and Buffalo
USF a Memphis maybe.

Reaction Score
The Big East needs football. Bring it back asap. When the chance to reassemble the Big East as a football conference comes, pounce on it. There’s a lot of talent in the Big East footprint. Give kids that can choose UConn, Cuse, BC and VTech a reason to do so. Give them an east coast league. Rebuild the Big East. Use the population density to catch back up and contend.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The Big East needs football. Bring it back asap. When the chance to reassemble the Big East as a football conference comes, pounce on it. There’s a lot of talent in the Big East footprint. Give kids that can choose UConn, Cuse, BC and VTech a reason to do so. Give them an east coast league. Rebuild the Big East. Use the population density to catch back up and contend.
That will be the new ACC, not a new NBE.

Reaction Score
That will be the new ACC, not a new NBE.
I agree that a NACC is more likely than a NNBE ( or a NOBE, lol). UConn, Duke, BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Stanford/Cal/SMU, maybe WSU/OSU, Notre Dame as an affiliate for 3-5 years until they go B1G, maybe USF, maybe ECU, maybe James Madison. Not a bad scenario given all the potential Armageddon scenarios. For BB, you can get OOC games scheduled with BE rivals like St John's, Providence, Seton Hall, Georgetown to make it more interesting from a traditional rival standpoint.

Reaction Score
That would work for me.
I agree that a NACC is more likely than a NNBE ( or a NOBE, lol). UConn, Duke, BC, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Georgia Tech, Stanford/Cal/SMU, maybe WSU/OSU, Notre Dame as an affiliate for 3-5 years until they go B1G, maybe USF, maybe ECU, maybe James Madison. Not a bad scenario given all the potential Armageddon scenarios. For BB, you can get OOC games scheduled with BE rivals like St John's, Providence, Seton Hall, Georgetown to make it more interesting from a traditional rival standpoint.

Reaction Score
I'd assume that there'd be other decent opponents in that revised ACC depending on how realignment shakes out, schools like Pitt, Louisville, or even Va Tech or NC State.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
IMG_1570.jpeg

For what it's worth, I believe we have 24 national championships, not 23.

Reaction Score
I'd assume that there'd be other decent opponents in that revised ACC depending on how realignment shakes out, schools like Pitt, Louisville, or even Va Tech or NC State.
I think most of those would land in the Big12.

Reaction Score
Has that guy been high profile lying for so long that he gathered actual sources or is he still just making everything up?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom