Non-Key Tweets | Page 813 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I doubt we get a invite to the acc…they haven’t invited us in the past when they needed schools.. and choose other schools.. the football side of the acc will not want us… there seems to be some smoke on with us possibly joining the big 12 In basketball only… I doubt uconn would do that… if the big 12 offers us full membership, i can see uconn excepting that offer… i for one would not be happy about it

Reaction Score
I doubt we get a invite to the acc…they haven’t invited us in the past when they needed schools.. and choose other schools.. the football side of the acc will not want us… there seems to be some smoke on with us possibly joining the big 12 In basketball only… I doubt uconn would do that… if the big 12 offers us full membership, i can see uconn excepting that offer… i for one would not be happy about it

Be happy about whatever is best for your school. Making 5-8 million dollars a year on Big East TV Deals while you run up a deficit consistently 6-8X that is a burden on current students, taxpayers, and the state. It wasn't that long ago that several sports were on the chopping block. If UConn continues on their current financial trajectory this is where we are headed.

Reaction Score
I doubt we get a invite to the acc…they haven’t invited us in the past when they needed schools.. and choose other schools.. the football side of the acc will not want us… there seems to be some smoke on with us possibly joining the big 12 In basketball only… I doubt uconn would do that… if the big 12 offers us full membership, i can see uconn excepting that offer… i for one would not be happy about it.

ACC is basically death man walking at this point, so it is just a matter of time before that conference implodes. The GOR just brought them some time.

If UConn does get an invite to the B12, we should definitely take it. Since B12 already has WVU, Cincy, and UCF, we will have some schools in our timezone. B12 will just be a national conference, which isn't end of the world. Most importantly, we will get a lot more revenue vs now.

Would I rather see UConn be in a conference will our academic peers like ones in the PAC 12, B1G, or even the ACC? Sure but I don't see any invite from these conferences coming our way right now.

Reaction Score
ACC is basically death man walking at this point, so it is just a matter of time before that conference implodes. The GOR just brought them some time.

If UConn does get an invite to the B12, we should definitely take it. Since B12 already has WVU, Cincy, and UCF, we will have some schools in our timezone. B12 will just be a national conference, which isn't end of the world. Most importantly, we will get a lot more revenue vs now.

Would I rather see UConn be in a conference will our academic peers like ones in the PAC 12, B1G, or even the ACC? Sure but I don't see any invite from these conferences coming our way right now.
The Big 12 is an interesting animal. There is enough value in the brands to land good media deals, but not enough to fear being raided in any significant fashion by The B1G or SEC. If UConn can somehow get in there for all sports, they may end up in one of the remaining 3 national conferences after the realignment smoke clears. I'm not sure you will be able to say the same for programs like BC or Wake.

Reaction Score

I agree the ACC is fading fast. And B12 on the rise in spite of losing Tex/Ok. And there may be an endgame where SEC and B1G go to 20 or 24 members. This scenario I could see playing out.

B12 is now at 12 with recent losses/adds. Next wave of adds - UCONN, Colorado, Arizona, & Arizona State takes to 16. ACC falls apart, B12 grabs Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville, (plus one of Virginia Tech, USF, BC,….) taking it to 20. Easily the best basketball conference, capable of nat champ football, and reestablishing some nice rivalries that are currently withering on the vine.

I’d love for UCONN to be in the B1G one day. Some success in B12 football would be very nice on its resume.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 is an interesting animal. There is enough value in the brands to land good media deals, but not enough to fear being raided in any significant fashion by The B1G or SEC. If UConn can somehow get in there for all sports, they may end up in one of the remaining 3 national conferences after the realignment smoke clears. I'm not sure you will be able to say the same for programs like BC or Wake.
This is exactly the reason why we should get into the B12 now.

When the ACC implodes, there will be many rats looking for a life boat. Programs like BC and Wake just aren't very appealing to any major conference.

At the current rate, B12 will be the tier 2 conference after B1G and the SEC. I just don't see how Pac-12 and the ACC last very long once SEC and the B1G start their raiding process again.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
Colorado is on the clock. 30 seconds to PACMidnight. #Pac12DoomsdayClock

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
After months of back and forth, with things really heating up since the NCAA tourney started, looks like BY is very close to getting 2 new members a for B12.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
The soon to be PAC defections are “on the precipice” of sealing the deal. I’m hearing we could see a vote by B12 to add them within the next week or so barring a major development. B12 would be adding 2 states to it’s footprint. Desert and Rockies.

Murr@MurrDCU · 3h
Replying to @MH ver3
Any update on UConn’s chances of full admittance?

MH ver3@Mh ver3 · 36m
Replying to @Murrdcu
It’s being discussed still. B12 definitely wants their bball so the discussions are far from dead

Reaction Score
One of reason‘s UConn missed an ACC bid is they always felt they were our only option and if needed all they had to do was snap their fingers .
I don’t believe they want to see us in the B12 and 10 years ago that move would have been out of the question .
But the explosion in P5 revenue both media deals and almost as lucrative football playoffs .
For example expansion In the playoffs can take it from $500 Million to $2 Billion annually
Since they keep 80-90% of the money for themselves that‘s an annual check for $25,000,000 per school
UConn would make $60:0000,000 annually in the B12
No president is turning that down .

Reaction Score
Mark Silverman would be the perfect fit for B1G Commissioner. He has what it takes to oversee a coast to coast conference expansion.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
Heard from a source that Colorado board may vote on leaving PAC as early as Monday.
1681352634984.png

Reaction Score
Special Board Meeting (Executive Session Only)
The Board of Regents will hold a Special Board Meeting that is executive session only. The agenda will be available in BoardDocs: BoardDocs® Pro

Contact Email
CUBoardofRegents@cu.edu
Contact Person
Board Office
Contact Phone
303-860-5668
Board of Regents

Reaction Score
The sources he is referring to is his imagination. He told himself to delete the tweet.
Pretty much. It's clear that he's been reading realignment discussion boards for 10+ years and just regurgitating the banter into tweets from his "sources." Somebody on Dirt Burglars posts that CU has a special session of the board upcoming. 1/2 hour later Mh ver is hearing from his sources that conference realignment will be discussed. Literally anybody could jump to that conclusion, only this fool will tweet it out as fact.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul