Non-Key Tweets | Page 815 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
And Duke.

So its a billion dollar plan where all the media companies pay a lot more for all of these schools that they already have sans Duke and Wake which are jettisoned to independence. Yep, okay.

I don't see what the race would be for....seems like big media would be better of tabling this scheme for a decade to avoid having to pay up ....unless all parties except an extended second tier distribution scheme.
Well, it seems adding Texas and Oklahoma and USC and UCLA was a net gain for the P2 since they are supposedly upping their payouts to over $100 mill per school. It would follow that a program like FSU would also be more valuable in a P2 conference than it is in the ACC. So yes the media companies would be paying more for the same properties in different conferences because the media companies will be able to charge more for said properties. It's the "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts" synergy.

I don't know if this is true, but it seems to be the logical conclusion.

Reaction Score
Because their current conference is only paying $0.50-$0.60 compared to the Big12, SEC or B1G.
Oh. Who's in charge of thier conference? Maybe they could rename thier conference and try again?

Reaction Score
If all these schools are worth the money why don't they create a conference together. What wait. They are in the same conference? Huh?

Florida State is worth more money when it’s playing Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and USC. Or playing Alabama, LSU, Texas and Oklahoma.

Reaction Score
Florida State is worth more money when it’s playing Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and USC. Or playing Alabama, LSU, Texas and Oklahoma.
So UNC is worth more when they are playing Ohio St rather than Florida St?

I wonder if they will think it's worth more playing Purdue rather than NC St.

Reaction Score

I'd say UNC isn't a huge driver of added value from a football perspective - whether they're playing a marque brand or a middle tier or lower tier brand. But FSU does and Clemson does as well. Other than that, no one else in the ACC other than maybe Miami does from a football perspective.

Reaction Score
On the WVU comment, does the addition of Cincinnati accomplish this?

On the latter, while it would make sense, there has been nothing that would indicate they are considering this idea.

Yes it does. I missed the very small c on the map I looked at. My bad.

Reaction Score

Florida State is worth more money playing the Dolphins, Falcons, Cowboys, etc.

Reaction Score
If the media with a big ESPN hand...desires to separate CFB and have three primary conferences....I could see folding the ACC teams into SEC, B1G, Big Twelve. (I have no idea about remaining Pac teams...but Oregon, Stanford, Washington have value and S leaves them out.)
It'll depend on whether the Big Ten finally gives up the pursuit of Notre Dame. If that's the case then I can see Cal as a possibility or a Utah in the mix.

Reaction Score
It'll depend on whether the Big Ten finally gives up the pursuit of Notre Dame. If that's the case then I can see Cal as a possibility or a Utah in the mix.
ND will always have a home in the B1G. The B1G loves Indiana schools that never win anything or does the B1G just like schools that don't win anything in general?

Reaction Score

UNC is worth more...when not playing Wake, Duke, Syracuse, BC, GT...and playing Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State

and, because of scheduling, UNC has only played FSU four times in the last 14 seasons.

Reaction Score
UNC is worth more...when not playing Wake, Duke, Syracuse, BC, GT...and playing Penn State, Michigan, Ohio State

and, because of scheduling, UNC has only played FSU four times in the last 14 seasons.
I guess will find out. Not sure how Nebraska is worth more, now. But they are. But also irrelevant.

GG

Reaction Score
Tweet from Christopher Lamberto

Yes. No BS. But here's some poetry too. UConn, the Huskies,
Joining Big 12's ranks so grand,
New challenges stand.

New foes to face now,
On courts and fields they'll compete,
Victory they'll seek.

Husky pride runs deep,
In the Big 12 they'll strive hard,
For glory to keep.

Reaction Score

New challenges stand.

New foes to face now,
Victory they'll seek.

Husky pride runs deep,
For glory to keep.
If nothing else, it’s a beautiful poem

Reaction Score

New challenges stand.

New foes to face now,
Victory they'll seek.

Husky pride runs deep,
For glory to keep.
Did he delete that tweet? I can't find it.

Reaction Score
Don't see this scenario playing out, really don't see UNC in the B1G unless it's a state brokered deal for NCSU to end up in the SEC

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does he believe that using a Haiku 5-7-5 will lead the Boneyard to add credibility to his claim?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Don't see this scenario playing out, really don't see UNC in the B1G unless it's a state brokered deal for NCSU to end up in the SEC
I don’t either. Like I said earlier, UNC is worth more to the SEC and FSU is worth more to the Big10. I think FSU can grow more as a whole university in the Big10 as they would not be overshadowed by the other southern schools.

SEC - UNC, UVA and Clemson
Big10 - FSU, GTU and Miami/ND if they are ready
Big12 - NCST, Va Tech and Miami (if available)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If nothing else, it’s a beautiful poem
Try Again Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak