Non-Key Tweets | Page 920 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Footprint looks too concentrated...should trade Houston for an ACC school when the media gods get to the wheelin and dealing phase later this month. And obviously it needs a school in the northeast.

Reaction Score
I have to give you some slack. I recently read the first ten posts in this thread and after doing so understand where you are coming from.

Hopefully not deja vu all over again.
We’re winners!

Orc

Reaction Score
FSU leaving the ACC would be awesome for UConn. I don't see anyway it happens, but it would be awesome.
The schools left are uconn haters. They likely invite Tulane or some 2 year college over us lol

Reaction Score
Footprint looks too concentrated...should trade Houston for an ACC school when the media gods get to the wheelin and dealing phase later this month. And obviously it needs a school in the northeast.

Not so concentrated as you think. If you were to divide Texas by four, such that TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, and Houston had equal shares, each of those quarters would be more than thirteen times as large as Connecticut.

GG

Reaction Score
Can't believe I really want to believe these WVu yahoos. I hope WVU goes bat for us because having more Western teams aren't gonna help them.
Yeah, me too. I have to give MHver3 some credit this go around. He was in top of this, as was Greg Flugar. Greg has said that we are near the front of his “holy smokes theater.” Greg indicated that Colorado was the Big 12’s number one target, followed by Arizona. He aLao had Utah, Arizona, State and UConn sitting close to the stage. What confuses me is that GoKU has always said Utah would not be happening. We can only hope. We definitely need Arizona and Arizona State to jump.

Reaction Score
Yeah, me too. I have to give MHver3 some credit this go around. He was in top of this, as was Greg Flugar. Greg has said that we are near the front of his “holy smokes theater.” Greg indicated that Colorado was the Big 12’s number one target, followed by Arizona. He aLao had Utah, Arizona, State and UConn sitting close to the stage. What confuses me is that GoKU has always said Utah would not be happening. We can only hope. We definitely need Arizona and Arizona State to jump.
It confuses you that two anonymous message posting or twitter posting accounts do not agree on the outcome of something that probably not even most of the people involved have that great an idea of?

Reaction Score

I usually discount what this guy says out of hand, but this is exactly what we need the reality to be. B16 wants Oregon and AZ/ASU as Plan A+. Lets hope the B1G comes through on adding O so Plan A can happen with UConn

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I’m an optimist but is the ACC interested in UConn?
ESPN has already said that it will pay pro rata for UConn to move to the big 12. If it wanted to it could pay pro rata for UConn to move to the ACC. Granted, they are only paying for 2/3 of that pro rata in the big 12, but still.

(For me, at least, part of the appeal of the ACC would be beating the crap out of the schools that blocked us in the past twice a year. Yeah, I'm looking at you BCU.)

Reaction Score

Looking at this map makes me want something to open up in the ACC

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
ESPN has already said that it will pay pro rata for UConn to move to the big 12. If it wanted to it could pay pro rata for UConn to move to the ACC. Granted, they are only paying for 2/3 of that pro rata in the big 12, but still.

(For me, at least, part of the appeal of the ACC would be beating the crap out of the schools that blocked us in the past twice a year. Yeah, I'm looking at you BCU.)
I can get a lot of consolation beating the crap out of Cincinnati and rubbing @kobe’s face in our success.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Looking at this map makes me want something to open up in the ACC
Looking at this map makes me understand another reason Yormack wants us. We will be a compelling reason for some of the ACC schools who might otherwise be reluctant to join the B12 to consider it.

Good possibility that in a few years it will not only be the Big and SEC dangling carrots but the B12 as well resulting in the ACC finally breaking up. Currently the BIG and SEC lack the ability to get enough schools to break the GOR.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom