Non-Key Tweets | Page 919 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
FSU's board of trustees is meeting right now. They claim they are not satisfied with the revenue sharing arrangements in the ACC.

They exploring all options in order to complete on the national level.

FSU is seriously considering leaving the ACC unless there are significant changes to the current ACC revenue structure.

Reaction Score
Trustees were indicating that they want to build new facilities and need a lot more than they currently receive in order to meet their needs.

They don't want to draw on boosters or alumni

Reaction Score
FSU's board of trustees is meeting right now. They claim they are not satisfied with the revenue sharing arrangements in the ACC.

FSU is seriously considering leaving the ACC unless there are significant changes to the current ACC revenue structure.
The president said they’d think about it at some future point if changes aren’t addressed. Seemed to be kicking the can down the road.

Reaction Score
The only way I can see to break the GOR would be for the state government to invalidate it. Governments can do some things legally that private entities cannot. Could any lawyers weigh in?
There could be a way to make clear that GORs are not specifically enforceable under FL law but I would bet that any suit between the ACC and FSU would not be governed by FL law and would be heard in NC, Delaware or NY, and none of them would care what the FL legislature did.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
In other news, a man barricaded himself inside his house yesterday. However, he was unarmed and no one paid any attention.

Reaction Score
West Vitginia's constitution is solid on sovereign immunity...and a state university is an arm of the state...it has been a thorny problem in West virginia.

“The State of West Virginia shall never be made defendant in any court of law or equity".

Reaction Score
In other news, a man barricaded himself inside his house yesterday. However, he was unarmed and no one paid any attention.

It may be more like the Alamo...this is the place we will perish. Victory or death.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Footprint looks too concentrated...should trade Houston for an ACC school when the media gods get to the wheelin and dealing phase later this month. And obviously it needs a school in the northeast.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
That’s gotta be GoKU on twitter, cause that’s exactly what he said would happen
I mean, it could be.
IMG_0263.jpeg

Reaction Score
Crazy to think that all this madness started with one school-Colorado leaving Pac 10. Some saying because Deion Sanders is coach.....
So one new coach started the stampede??
I feel like we are witnessing Jenga in slow motion.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Feel free. I'm sure the other schools income problems can be solved by FSU paying the Conference hundreds of millions of dollars to exit a decade early.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Crazy to think that all this madness started with one school-Colorado leaving Pac 10. Some saying because Deion Sanders is coach.....
So one new coach started the stampede??
I feel like we are witnessing Jenga in slow motion.
All this madness started because some basketball only blocked the admission of PSU to the Big East

Reaction Score
Maybe the ACC should just tell BC going forward they're going to get $10 million a year and let Clemson and FSU split the difference
I think every conference is eventually going to have to go this way. If the bottom feeders put up a stink then you tell them OK we're going to start a new conference, you're not invited, but we'll kick you a few bucks so we can take the conference name with us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom