Non-Key Tweets

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Why does everyone call them pods?
Because calling them by their full name podrick is a bit cumbersome
97E4BE43-2808-4538-B18F-23B3366DDC25.jpeg

Reaction Score
B1G must be low on moonshine...WV ove r Rutgers.
If they want an actual football program with fans and everything
WVA is much better than Rutgers
As much a some of you snobs look down on WVA it was the most credible football program in the Big East after the first wave of departures. They Were 60-20 in that 7 year time frame. Played in and even won some major bowls. 6-7 more football programs equal to WVA and the old Big East would have survived . They’ve only had one losing season in the B12.
Even folding if UConn had that record we would not have ended up we we did in football.

Reaction Score
countrylakecap@countrylakecap 11m
USC leaving tens of millions of annual revenue on the table it seems if they stand pat.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire·10m
Replying to
@countrylakecap
If USC leaves for Big Ten the money of course is important. But it’s also about the new era of NIL and how important it is to be part of a top conference brand to show your recruits. Top brands playing top brands more often is crucial. USC solves lots of issues moving to Big Tem.

Marc V@MarkyMarcV·12m
Replying to
@Genetics56@countrylakecap and @flugempire
The only sweet spot, short of all 4 Cali schools, UO & UW, would be USC, UO, UW & CU. But idk if USC would leave without UCLA.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire·11m
I agree.

Douglas Scott@DouglasTS·11m
Replying to @flugempire and @countrylakecap
Couldn’t USC/Stanford/Oregon/Washington go? Or is Stanford not willing to leave Cal and USC not willing to leave UCLA?

Greg Flugaur@flugempire·9m
Everything I’ve heard is the 4 Cali schools are not breaking apart. Yes, USC and Stanford are private, so on paper there is possibility, but not in the real world of California’s institutional unity.

Mark Kochenderfer@MarkKochenderfe·10m
Replying to @flugempire
I think if you are anybody but Ohio state or Michigan you take the 6 even if you take a small loss. This move helps assure conference survival.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire·7m
Michigan would definitely be in favor of the expansion of California schools. It’s Ohio St which is the wild card. Michigan’s administration would push for Stanford, California and the whole thing. Schools like Ohio St, Penn St, Purdue & Indiana might balk at the idea

John Morgan@johninkingwood·9m
Replying to @flugempire
Is there a scenario where USC leaves the other CA schools behind, and brings say, Oregon, Washington, and one other?

Greg Flugaur@flugempire·7m
I think it’s very small chance…very small.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire·3m
There is a misunderstanding when it comes to University of Michigan’s concerns on Big Ten expansion.

Top 3 concerns:

1) Is the new addition a large research university?

2) Is the new addition a large research university?

3) Is the new addition a large research university?

countrylakecap@countrylakecap·3m
Replying to @flugempire
Greg- love your insights - isn’t the research piece 2-3x more valuable than TV?

That was the point of my tweet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
countrylakecap@countrylakecap·3m
Replying to @flugempire
Greg- love your insights - isn’t the research piece 2-3x more valuable than TV?

That was the point of my tweet.
This argument is utter nonsense. Schools don't pool their research dollars. The Big 10 Academic Alliance isn't a slush fund.

Reaction Score
I love the pod thing. More people in LA than in that proposed Pos 2. Kansas, which has had 2 winning football seasons since 1997, is going to the Big 10 because? Please answer in 5000 words or less.

Reaction Score
I love the pod thing. More people in LA than in that proposed Pos 2. Kansas, which has had 2 winning football seasons since 1997, is going to the Big 10 because? Please answer in 5000 words or less.

I reckon that you ackowledge that basketball is not relevant ?

Reaction Score
M-Hver3_:
Things have been very quiet the past few days. Not much to share on the national front other than a stray whisper that Rutgers’ seat at the B1G boys table could be in jeopardy.
If you are going to make s*** up at least make it sound believable. While the majority of B1G Fanbases would probably be happy to see Rutgers launched into orbit its simply not happening. For the Big 10 institutional fit on the academic side means more in realignment than in any other conference.

Reaction Score
LOL at Duke....

Let's have a super conference of teams with blue colors...Duke, Michigan, Cal, UCLA,Air Force, UConn, Florida, Notre Dame, etc.

Reaction Score
Yep...they'd all be Blues Brothers except for Notre Dame (Our Lady)...and the Irish would be The Lady Plays the Blues.

Reaction Score
LOL at Duke....

Let's have a super conference of teams with blue colors...Duke, Michigan, Cal, UCLA,Air Force, UConn, Florida, Notre Dame, etc.
Well that leaves out North Carolina. Carolina Blue is the past tense of Carolina sucks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom