Non-Key Tweets | Page 896 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
They aren't. Friar was a bit hostile, and he's wrong about UConn football being a "pathetic program". It's been better than a lot of P5 FBS programs since we jumped up to that level. He's also correct about UConn fans being myopic and you pretty much confirmed what he was saying. People in the northeast often have a willful blindness to places they don't go or find interesting and our fans show it. The move to the Big XII should provide some education for them.
Oh save it. You really think the average fan of an SEC school or Big XII school isnt willfully blind in the same ways? You really think they aren't on their boards wondering why the Big XII wants a school from Yukon/Alaska is or making jokes at our expense?

It's weird that we get held to a standard that no one else follows.

Reaction Score
Well, let's hope it doesn't make 1000! I am so ready to have a decent conference home so that we can climb off the conference realignment merry go round.
If we get into B12, then speculation will move to B10 :confused:
Drunk Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
The Beavs are a good team now, but have a pretty mediocre history with fits of pretty goodness sandwiched between years of futility. their record since 2003 (the start of the Mike Reilly years) that is remarkably similar to UConn's...and Reser is smaller than the Rent, which I heard was a key factor.

c29328

On Smoko
Reaction Score
The Beavs are a good team now, but have a pretty mediocre history with fits of pretty goodness sandwiched between years of futility. their record since 2003 (the start of the Mike Reilly years) that is remarkably similar to UConn's...and Reser is smaller than the Rent, which I heard was a key factor.
I lived in Oregon 25 years. Worked in Corvallis area for 10 of them. Oregon State has nowhere near the cache of Oregon but there is support. They used to have a decent basketball tradition 70's-80's with Gary Payton I think the big standout. It felt like a Mets/Yankees kind of rivalry where the beaver fans would rise up in a good year. There were OSU fans, but they were all kind of contrarians. I saw more UW fans in Oregon than OSU in a lot of places.

Samoo

Reaction Score
I lived in Oregon 25 years. Worked in Corvallis area for 10 of them. Oregon State has nowhere near the cache of Oregon but there is support. They used to have a decent basketball tradition 70's-80's with Gary Payton I think the big standout. It felt like a Mets/Yankees kind of rivalry where the beaver fans would rise up in a good year. There were OSU fans, but they were all kind of contrarians. I saw more UW fans in Oregon than OSU in a lot of places.
A.C. Green was great, and also really conservative, the original 40-year old virgin. While at Oregon State he organized a protest against Playboy magazine, and whenever he shot free throws at an away game the opposing fans would hold up centerfolds behind the basket.

Reaction Score
If we get into B12, then speculation will move to B10 :confused:
Drunk Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island
Miami, Notre Dame, and ASU got in, but somehow not UConn... pretty bad we haven't be able to find a way to make that work. Would really supercharge meaningless rumors.

Reaction Score
They aren't. Friar was a bit hostile, and he's wrong about UConn football being a "pathetic program". It's been better than a lot of P5 FBS programs since we jumped up to that level. He's also correct about UConn fans being myopic and you pretty much confirmed what he was saying. People in the northeast often have a willful blindness to places they don't go or find interesting and our fans show it. The move to the Big XII should provide some education for them.
Many people in the northeast call the majority of the country fly over country and then go down the ugly path of hurling insults at large swaths of the country as toothless sister schtupers. I miss some things about the northeast but I certainly don't miss that stuff.

That being said, Oregon State has a nice team right this minute but their history in football and basketball is putrid especially considering they've been in a major conference. Also, their stadium is even smaller than the Rent.

Reaction Score
It's weird that we get held to a standard that no one else follows.
I was lucky enough to attend the Tennessee-Alabama game last year. Great game, possibly the game of the year in CFB.

Anyway, the Tennessee home crowd for that game was a little bit rabid. Maybe an understatement. Their taunt of choice was to call the Alabama fans "cousin fûçkërs". Big banners on the all the frat houses saying, "Go home cousin fûçkërs." People screaming into the windows of cars with Bama plates, "Get out of here, cousin fûçkërs."

My point: I don't think our fanbase has a single thing to be ashamed of.

:)

Reaction Score
I was lucky enough to attend the Tennessee-Alabama game last year. Great game, possibly the game of the year in CFB.

Anyway, the Tennessee home crowd for that game was a little bit rabid. Maybe an understatement. Their taunt of choice was to call the Alabama fans "cousin fûçkërs". Big banners on the all the frat houses saying, "Go home cousin fûçkërs." People screaming into the windows of cars with Bama plates, "Get out of here, cousin fûçkërs."

Yeah, we ain't doing our own cousins for sure. We will do their cousins though. We gangsta like that.

Reaction Score

Yeah and then we have superjohn calling people out for referencing flyover states. A term that is barely pejorative and tamer than the terms other parts of the country use to refer to the northeast.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
You have to expect lots of noise like this over the next week...or however long it takes to fill seats behind Colorado.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Many people in the northeast call the majority of the country fly over country and then go down the ugly path of hurling insults at large swaths of the country as toothless sister schtupers. I miss some things about the northeast but I certainly don't miss that stuff.

That being said, Oregon State has a nice team right this minute but their history in football and basketball is putrid especially considering they've been in a major conference. Also, their stadium is even smaller than the Rent.
100% agreement. Certain folks on the board are more prone to that than others.

I'm tempted to say Oregon State will probably go back to being bad, but HC Smith was a QB there and lead them to a Fiesta Bowl under Dennis Erickson in 2000. He just signed a new six year deal. So maybe he stays and makes them at least better than putrid?

Bill Snyder has forever altered my view on whether historically bad teams will remain historically bad.

Reaction Score
You have to expect lots of noise like this over the next week...or however long it takes to fill seats behind Colorado.

Again why I say that the game doesn't end until either PAC is decimated or a media deal is signed.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

Absolutely agree - and really the joke is completely on them at this point as they really don't get it - the world has changed a crap ton in 30 years.

Samoo

Reaction Score
100% agreement. Certain folks on the board are more prone to that than others.

I'm tempted to say Oregon State will probably go back to being bad, but HC Smith was a QB there and lead them to a Fiesta Bowl under Dennis Erickson in 2000. He just signed a new six year deal. So maybe he stays and makes them at least better than putrid?

Bill Snyder has forever altered my view on whether historically bad teams will remain historically bad.
Jonathan Smith is a pretty good coach, but still has a losing record overall after 5 seasons of slow rebuilding, admittedly from a 1-11 season the year before he took over (sound familiar). I think Jim Mora will outperform him when all is said and done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom