Non-Key Tweets | Page 648 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I gain new respect for TCU as the only one who gets it right.
I sense a theme with K-State "Bring on the Cats" voting to add Cougars and Bearcats (I assume Memphis Tigers are next in line).
Iowa State, the northernmost school votes for Arizona schools? WTF.
Iowa State fans/message board seem the most hostile to any expansion with G5 schools, which is pretty hilarious because Iowa State.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not that he isn't full of poop, but who is he saying is in?

(Why do I do this to myself)

LGBT issues aside, it never made sense to add BYU and eastern schools. It spreads the league too thin. Any deep look at BYU reveals that they have no real home market, just Provo and LDS, and not all of LDS. There are many Mormons in Utah rooting for U Utah.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Moose, the insider on the Cincinnati 247 board, now says that BYU is out.

If true, they got derailed by the rape culture and LGBTQ treatment.

So now it would seem the remaining frontrunners are Cincy at 11 and Houston, UCONN or maybe UCF as the 12. If that's the case, which school gets the 12 will depend on whether the non-TX schools band together to defeat UH, or do they succumb to the TX political pressure to include Houston because they're all still wet pants scared that UT will leave the league at some point in the future? It goes to UCONN or UCF if the former holds true.

If the non-TX schools are all smart enough, a huge question mark, they'll all grow a pair and stand up to UT because they're not likely going to leave. That could cause TX to be disagreeable regarding anything the non-TX schools want, which ultimately might mean no expansion at all.

If they do decide to go to 14, any combination that leaves UCONN out is totally insane, because it probably means they take Memphis or USF as the 14 instead of us. Although it would be totally inexplicable, the B12 has already demonstrated they're not the sharpest pencils in the box, so nothing they do will surprise me.

It's all going to boil down to how deeply both factions decide to dig in.

Reaction Score
Team Site Expansion preference Votes to invite
Our Daily Bears (Baylor) Stay at 10 BYU, Cincinnati
Wide Right & Natty Lite (Iowa State) Stay at 10, or go to 12 Arizona, Arizona State
Rock Chalk Talk (Kansas) Stay at 10 Connecticut, Memphis
Bring on the Cats (Kansas State) 14 teams BYU, Cincinnati
Crimson and Cream Machine (Oklahoma) 14 teams Houston, Cincinnati
Cowboys Ride for Free (Oklahoma State) 12 teams East Carolina, Memphis
Frogs O' War (TCU) 12 teams Connecticut, Cincinnati
Burnt Orange Nation (Texas) 14 teams Houston, Cincinnati
Viva The Matadors (Texas Tech) Stay at 10 BYU, Cincinnati
The Smoking Musket (West Virginia) 14 teams BYU, Cincinnati

If our Big 12 blogs were in charge, here's how expansion would go

Aren't Texas and OU supposed to be diametrically opposed?

Isn't Oklahoma State supposed to follow OU's lead and Texas Tech is supposed to do what Texas tells it to do?

Didn't Flug tell us TCU was pro-BYU?

Didn't the dude tell us WVU was anti-Cincy?

Wasn't every school except Texas, TCU and Texas Tech pro-expansion?

Isn't it's interesting how supposedly sycophantic fans who one might expect to echo their chosen school's imagined stance vary so greatly from the proffered narrative?

More evidence nobody knows nothing.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Moose, the insider on the Cincinnati 247 board, now says that BYU is out.

Here is what he said. "BYU is out, and I mean out of any consideration at all. Not sure the details, however I intend to try and find out.". On a positive note for Cinci people on that board, almost all of them really want us to come with them to the Big 12. Gotta give them props for that.

Reaction Score
It's difficult to fathom a scenario where BYU being out is good for us. There is no indication we are team 12 with Cincinnati.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
It's difficult to fathom a scenario where BYU being out is good for us. There is no indication we are team 12 with Cincinnati.

I can't fathom any situation where it isn't good for us, unless it means Cinci and Houston rather than Cinci and BYU. I'm still disinclined to believe that the non Texas B12 schools will take Houston except as part of a group of 4. Yet I did believe that they could do BYU and Cinci.

Reaction Score
Here is what he said. "BYU is out, and I mean out of any consideration at all. Not sure the details, however I intend to try and find out.". On a positive note for Cinci people on that board, almost all of them really want us to come with them to the Big 12. Gotta give them props for that.
I have never seen a board that mixes "premium" posts with normal ones like that...

Reaction Score
I like Cincy and their fans. They're not the rival that Syracuse was, but it was a bit of a comfort when we looked around at our nuked landscape and saw a friendly face in the wasteland.

We're each other's Wilson from Castaway.

Reaction Score
I can't fathom any situation where it isn't good for us, unless it means Cinci and Houston rather than Cinci and BYU. I'm still disinclined to believe that the non Texas B12 schools will take Houston except as part of a group of 4. Yet I did believe that they could do BYU and Cinci.
Disagree - having BYU as a candidate increases the likelihood they go to 14 due to lack of consensus on who the second team with UC would be. If BYU were out, that would increase the chances others would cave in on UH and call it a day. Even if they did not cave in on UH, there still would exist the chance we get passed over by UCF or Memphis as 12. Less likely than UH, but possible. Going to 14 is obviously our biggest chance of getting in, and it seems 14 is more likely when there is more disagreement on who team #12 is. No BYU would mean far less ability to disagree on team 12.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I have a hard time seeing us as team 12 and leap frogging Cincinnati and Houston due to Big 12 politics.

However, if BYU is out (I know, likely all made up) it puts us solidly in as 13 and maybe the non Texas schools find a way to shoot down Houston and we're in.

In the event it goes to 14, I can't see us being left out in that scenario.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Disagree - having BYU as a candidate increases the likelihood they go to 14 due to lack of consensus on who the second team with UC would be. If BYU were out, that would increase the chances others would cave in on UH and call it a day. Even if they did not cave in on UH, there still would exist the chance we get passed over by UCF or Memphis as 12. Less likely than UH, but possible. Going to 14 is obviously our biggest chance of getting in, and it seems 14 is more likely when there is more disagreement on who team #12 is. No BYU would mean far less ability to disagree on team 12.

I don't follow the math. If we assume Cinci is #11 on all the lists, and BYU #12, then they expand by 2. It's done. With BYU out, expansion by 2 is less likely and if it does occur, there is a chance UConn is #12. Having BYU out also eliminates Colorado State. They were a package deal. I don't see how removal of a competitor for one of what are either 2 or 4 slots can ever be bad.

Here is my rough estimate of teams.

11. Cinci
12. BYU
13. Houston (but only if they go to 14)
14. UConn
15. UCF
16. USF
17. Memphis
18. Co. State

Reaction Score
BYU brought a national sports brand and P5 ready budget. There is only one other school under consideration that does.
The second half of your post assumes that the B12 schools actually believe that about us. There is ample evidence to suggest that they do not believe that is the case with us. Whether their belief is right or wrong is irrelevant.

Hawk, my math is contingent on Texas's level of desire for UH. I'm going on the assumption that their public stance is what it is privately. If they're pushing as hard in private as they are/were publicly, it's a LOT easier for them to force UH in as 12 if BYU is not on the table. If BYU is on the table, the others can push back saying they want UC and BYU - Texas can then use its power to push for UT and it opens the door for everyone comes to an agreement to take 14 with BYU and UH, and the need for that team 14 - which would be an opportunity for us. If it's only UC and 12, and Texas is pushing that hard for UH with BYU off the table, it's a lot harder for the rest of the league to push back against UT with UCF, Memphis, or us as the other option for team 12.

Now of course if Texas's public push for UH is a facade and in private they don't give two craps, the math changes, but I still see BYU's inclusion, or even tepid support, as an increased likelihood they go to 14.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of irony in the fact that many of the same posters seem to tout our national brand while complaining about our perception in the national media.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of irony in the fact that many of the same posters seem to tout our national brand while complaining about our perception in the national media.

That perception applies to football.

Reaction Score
If BYU is out, and in this politically correct era I don't see how they can be in, I still say UCONN is in at 12. Houston has too much push back from member schools, and Memphis has issues......Cincinnati and UCONN are legit P5 day one adds. Bearcat fans think we have a pretty good shot at inclusion, but given the way the BIG12 does business they may just call the whole thing off.

Reaction Score
If BYU is out, and in this politically correct era I don't see how they can be in, I still say UCONN is in at 12. Houston has too much push back from member schools, and Memphis has issues.Cincinnati and UCONN are legit P5 day one adds. Bearcat fans think we have a pretty good shot at inclusion, but given the way the BIG12 does business they may just call the whole thing off.
Reading the tea leaves, UH has more support than I think we all want to accept.

Reaction Score
Aren't Texas and OU supposed to be diametrically opposed?

Isn't Oklahoma State supposed to follow OU's lead and Texas Tech is supposed to do what Texas tells it to do?

Didn't Flug tell us TCU was pro-BYU?

Didn't the dude tell us WVU was anti-Cincy?

Wasn't every school except Texas, TCU and Texas Tech pro-expansion?

Isn't it's interesting how supposedly sycophantic fans who one might expect to echo their chosen school's imagined stance vary so greatly from the proffered narrative?

More evidence nobody knows nothing.

Saying these blogs represent their respective University president's opinion on expansion is like saying the BY speaks for Herbst. That being said, I do agree with your last statement: Nobody knows nothin'.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom