Non-Key Tweets | Page 540 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There are only two non-key tweeters that I pay any attention to, flug and bluevod.

And yes I'm aware they are non-key but they are Manhattan Project level of genius compared to these West Virginia dunces.

I could be wrong about Flug but I actually believe he has a somewhat legitimate source involved at Minnesota.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if M H V R talks to someone in the WVU athletic department.

Bluevod is just having fun on the internet. It's all just made up.

There is something wrong with the Dude. He has internalized the jokes about West Virginia. He actually believes he can impact things through Twitter. He is somehow personally hurt that the ACC didn't want WVU.

Reaction Score
I could be wrong about Flug but I actually believe he has a somewhat legitimate source involved at Minnesota.

I actually wouldn't be shocked if M H V R talks to someone in the WVU athletic department.

There is something wrong with the Dude. He has internalized the jokes about West Virginia. He actually believes he can impact things through Twitter. He is somehow personally hurt that the ACC didn't want WVU.
I agree,on,dude. He posted some stuff after the Baylor news, personal stuff that I just can't believe people would post for thousands of total strangers to know. If it's not true, we'll lord have pithy on him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree,on,dude. He posted some stuff after the Baylor news, personal stuff that I just can't believe people would post for thousands of total strangers to know. If it's not true, we'll lord have pithy on him.

There are three options:

A: It's true and that's terrible
B: It's not true and it's just another piece of evidence that he just needs attention.
C: It's not true and he is working on a doctorate... and he could write a great thesis.

Like Mike would ask Dog... gun to your head? I'd pick A on the story and B for the rest.

Reaction Score
Bluevod had the news that satellite camps were going to be re-instated 24 hours before any of the national writers had it. He's got someone in the know.
Before that he had something about Harbaugh, I forget - maybe dayooper remembers.
I wouldn't be shocked if he threw up crap too but he does find some nuggets from somebody.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Bluevod had the news that satellite camps were going to be re-instated 24 hours before any of the national writers had it. He's got someone in the know.
Before that he had something about Harbaugh, I forget - maybe dayooper remembers.
I wouldn't be shocked if he threw up crap too but he does find some nuggets from somebody.

Yes he has taken that one tidbit and convinced people everything else he says is true.

I guess we'll know when FSU ends up in the Big 10!

Reaction Score
Write Bluevod off at your own risk. Occasionally he comes up with stuff, and does seem to be having fun in the process.

His rise to Internet sensation was due to Harbaugh. Beyond that, he's nailed a couple recruits, missed others. Hard to say how much of it was from information already available, and with the misses -- kids are allowed to change their mind.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Write Bluevod off at your own risk. Occasionally he comes up with stuff, and does seem to be having fun in the process.

His rise to Internet sensation was due to Harbaugh. Beyond that, he's nailed a couple recruits, missed others. Hard to say how much of it was from information already available, and with the misses -- kids are allowed to change their mind.

All three of Flug (Minnesota) Bluevod (Michigan) and MH ver (WVU) know someone with some kind of access. What we need to take into account is that those people aren't the AD, or anyone similar. Those people are themselves probably only getting pieces of data and making guesses based on that. So what we get are third hand guesses, based on some arguably factual information. It isn't always going to be right.

When I get slightly interested is when they converge. When they all seem to be getting the same data, the odds that it is accurate are higher. For example, there is a solid consensus that UConn came out looking very good in the analyst reports, along with BYU, and that Cinci disappointed slightly. Since that also aligns to common sense, I'm treating it as true.

Reaction Score
All three of Flug (Minnesota) Bluevod (Michigan) and MH ver (WVU) know someone with some kind of access. What we need to take into account is that those people aren't the AD, or anyone similar. Those people are themselves probably only getting pieces of data and making guesses based on that. So what we get are third hand guesses, based on some arguably factual information. It isn't always going to be right..

Or maybe their sources really are knowledgeable people in their ADs office but they have to know exactly how these guys are spilling the beans so they probably feed them more BS than real info just to float ideas or create diversions.

It's like the NFL draft when a team with a high pick puts out the story they have absolutely no interest in a kid because he's a head case with small hands who smokes weed and smacks women.

And then they draft him.

Reaction Score
Ram U ‏@CSURamT · 9h9 hours ago
@UCONNfan14 now he is saying exactly what I said in Nov, which was that most likely scenario is UConn & Cinci now, & CSU & BYU or Mem 2020.

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@CSURamT @UCONNfan14
But that is not what we are saying.
UC/UCONN now..if 12 and B12N is successful then 13 & 14 has BYU and UCF as Favs.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · May 30
BTM: UCF candidacy to B12 upcoming years will be dependent on relationship of FSU/Miami with ESPN.
If ESPN makes FSU "whole" with ACCN.....

Easton Knight ‏@EastonKnight · 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire What do you mean by making FSU 'whole'?

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire
@EastonKnight
Short for getting ACCN off the ground and Max out branding/marketing/$ opportunities for FSU in ACC.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
@EastonKnight
Until that is accomplish ESPN will not grease skids on UCF entry into B12 with a B12N playing in Orlando.
Not happening

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@RedDirtSport BHV data recommends expansion to 14. BHV says B12N footprint would be 20m day 1 and potentially reach 50m.

@RedDirtSport Theoretically a B12 with 14 members would require each member to surrender just $1M of network $ to make Texas whole.

@RedDirtSport Realistically new members would likely not receive network revenue until 2024 thus reducing the burden on current members.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9h9 hours ago
@RedDirtSport But a deal may be in the works for the B12 to delay the decision on a network & go ahead and add 2 for 2017 then 2 later.

Reaction Score
All three of Flug (Minnesota) Bluevod (Michigan) and MH ver (WVU) know someone with some kind of access. What we need to take into account is that those people aren't the AD, or anyone similar. Those people are themselves probably only getting pieces of data and making guesses based on that. So what we get are third hand guesses, based on some arguably factual information. It isn't always going to be right.

When I get slightly interested is when they converge. When they all seem to be getting the same data, the odds that it is accurate are higher. For example, there is a solid consensus that UConn came out looking very good in the analyst reports, along with BYU, and that Cinci disappointed slightly. Since that also aligns to common sense, I'm treating it as true.

This.

Reaction Score
@RedDirtSport BHV data recommends expansion to 14. BHV says B12N footprint would be 20m day 1 and potentially reach 50m.

@RedDirtSport Theoretically a B12 with 14 members would require each member to surrender just $1M of network $ to make Texas whole.

@RedDirtSport Realistically new members would likely not receive network revenue until 2024 thus reducing the burden on current members.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 9h9 hours ago
@RedDirtSport But a deal may be in the works for the B12 to delay the decision on a network & go ahead and add 2 for 2017 then 2 later.

As far as network revenue goes it would be in our interest to have a review of revenue generated for the league/network after 5 years or so and be paid accordingly. This 2024 nonsense seems absurd given the other properties currently in the fold.

Reaction Score

The only downside of the Twitter people converging is they all can see what one another posts and either fall into a form of groupthink or they can simply regurgitate what the others post in a sort of confirmation bias without actually having any new information.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
As far as network revenue goes it would be in our interest to have a review of revenue generated for the league/network after 5 years or so and be paid accordingly. This 2024 nonsense seems absurd given the other properties currently in the fold.

It is BS. It would be different for the BTN or SEC Network, which are established. Any new schools would join the B12N at the same time as the other schools. So it would make zero sense to treat them differently. I would expect a phased in revenue number from the T1 contract however.

Reaction Score
[URL='https://twitter.com/MHver3'][URL='https://twitter.com/MHver3']MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7h7 hours ago
For those keeping score my B12 source was right again. Baylor AD resigned.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3
[/URL] 7h7 hours ago
Sorry didn't come back last night. Things got crazy. Will post updates this afternoon.

Jordan Swanson ‏@Swanson_Jordan 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 everyone knew that

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 2h2 hours ago
@Swanson_Jordan yet no one said it but me?

MH ver3
‏@MH ver3 [/URL] 2h2 hours ago
So ESPN is now projecting to lose an additional 15 million subscribers in the next 4 years.

This is over 8 million more than they projected in Jan.

They will not be able to afford the contracts they already have without raising sub rates

They are heavily pitching the idea of a b12/ACC network to both conferences.

Said network would replace ESPNnews

LHN would remain intact for duration of contract but ACC/B12N would be able to simulcast UT games if needed.

Both sides are warming up to the idea with UT spearheading discussions.

B12 would need to add 2 schools and revenue would be split equally between ESPN, ACC, and B12.

ACC would not be required to absorb all costs up front as in original ACCN plan

I asked my source how this would affect GORs and he doesn't yet know.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7h7 hours ago
For those keeping score my B12 source was right again. Baylor AD resigned.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3
7h7 hours ago
Sorry didn't come back last night. Things got crazy. Will post updates this afternoon.

Jordan Swanson ‏@Swanson_Jordan 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 everyone knew that

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3
2h2 hours ago
@Swanson_Jordan yet no one said it but me?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3
2h2 hours ago
So ESPN is now projecting to lose an additional 15 million subscribers in the next 4 years.

This is over 8 million more than they projected in Jan.

They will not be able to afford the contracts they already have without raising sub rates

They are heavily pitching the idea of a b12/ACC network to both conferences.

Said network would replace ESPNnews

LHN would remain intact for duration of contract but ACC/B12N would be able to simulcast UT games if needed.

B12 would need to add 2 schools and revenue would be split equally between ESPN, ACC, and B12.

ACC would not be required to absorb all costs up front as in original ACCN plan

I asked my source how this would affect GORs and he doesn't yet know.
My cat could have told you Baylor AD would step down. Really?

Reaction Score
Movietime Blues ‏@Movietime_Blues · 48m48 minutes ago
@MHver3 @Bluevodreal

SOURCES: BIG 12 EXPANSION, NETWORK NOT HAPPENING
SOURCES: BIG 12 EXPANSION NOT HAPPENING

Bluevod‏@Bluevodreal
@Movietime_Blues @MHver3
confirms ACC is in trouble. ESPN and FOX no to BIG12N means No to ACCN.〽️

Corneilus Green ‏@CGreen63 · 30m30 minutes ago
@Bluevodreal @Movietime_Blues @MHver3 If that's the case, FSU is on it way to the Big Ten

Reaction Score
Carson Ingle‏@caingle
Other conferences have 3rd tier rights # added to their revenue take because conferences control those rights. #Big12 does it individually.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@caingle But most B12 schools 3rd tier money associated with the program is not just for TV 3rd tier rights..it includes everything.

Carson Ingle ‏@caingle 4h4 hours agoOrlando, FL
@flugempire right but the other non TV 3rd tier stuff is negligible. Like how much do Big 10 schools really make off radio for instance?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
@caingle Typical B10 school...8 mil BTN + 1 mil Profit sharing.(TV $ Only) Typical B12 3rd tier TV only 2 mil. Other $ is Lic/Radio..ect

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@caingle The $ includes licensing/signage...Coaches shows...radio. Example: WVU 6.8 mil a year included ALL 3rd tier rights...ALL

@flugempire I'm not denying that the Big 12 is low man on the totem pole & that change is needed, but gap isn't as large now as some say.

@flugempire it's more about what the gap will become with rising TV deals for B10/SEC & the conference networks revenue also growing.

@caingle We agree. But we also can't just add "listed 3rd tier deals" of Big 12 schools on to Conf payout ledger and compare to SEC/B1G

@caingle ....reason being we aren't listing $$ from non TV only 3rd tier rights onto SEC/B1G payouts..

Carson Ingle ‏@caingle 3h3 hours agoOrlando, FL
@flugempire media making situation worse than it is with those #s either intentionally or out of ignorance

@flugempire that's fine, but there needs to be amore equivalent way of doing it then. Probably extracting the Big 12 3rd tier TV # from rest

@caingle Yep. At this point...with exceptions to UT/OU/KU, you can add about 2 mil to each B12 school to reported 23-25 mil per school.

@flugempire WVUs take more than that too maybe like 3-4

@caingle Now you have an Apple to Apple comparison...or as close as we can get.

@caingle But as you pointed out...those B12 Apple Orchads are at peak right now...while SEC/B1G are growing. B12 needs to expand orchard

Carson Ingle ‏@caingle 3h3 hours ago
@flugempire ya that's fair. Wish others would preface the #'s that way.

@caingle I just don't think many people understand. But we are on the same page...difficult issue to discuss on Twitter.

@flugempire ya too much nuance involved in all this stuff

80s Tiger ‏@80sTiger 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire UC & Memphis very soon. Next two dicey.

@80sTiger It won't be Memphis. But I admire your fanbase and passion. Good luck sir.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 1h1 hour ago
University of Texas & ESPN shaking the Big 12 Death Rattle. Texas Tech,TCU,Baylor,West Virginia,Kansas St,Oklahoma St, Iowa St take cover.

http://www.scout.com/college/texas/story/1674016-sources-big-12-expansion-not-happening?s=341… Once again Chip Brown goes delusional when at end of article that maybe all P5 go together on next TV contract.

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/737732287974887424… I think people should pump the brakes on this Chip Brown info.... Keep powder dry.

Travis HaneyVerified account‏@TravHaneyESPN
Central word/issue re: Big 12 expansion is consensus. Unrest at Baylor further complicates, but can league eventually get on same page?

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Travis Haney

https://mobile.twitter.com/TravHaneyESPN/status/737733396575735808… B12 better get on same page...or it's the Death Rattle. Status Quo not an option. UT check-raising on the river.

Rob ‏@Rob_9515 1h1 hour ago
@flugempire Thoughts on the Scout article that says Big 12 has decided not to expand?

@Rob_9515 Not sold on this info from Chip Brown. Good data will be shown. UT will continue to play "the heavy" during this process.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 5h5 hours ago

Jay Pritchard ‏@columbiasooner 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 So would UT be double dipping in revenue with new network?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 3h3 hours ago
@columbiasooner no they would not. B12 would split their 1/3 over 11 schools. ACC splits theirs over 15 and ESPN keeps their third.

Malcolm Flex ‏@deezylowe 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 Unless the money is astronomical, the B12 should say no and hold the ARC's feet to the fire

@deezylowe ESPN projects the network would bring in 180 mil in profit the first year. so 60 to them, 60 to ACC, and 60 to B12

TigerBronco ‏@jay_256 4h4 hours ago
@MH ver3 That is the most idiotic proposed rumor yet. No way any "Power" 5 conference is gonna agree to share a network.

@jay_256 @MH ver3 Actually not that dumb. Solidify both conferences and leaves PAC as the last place revenue conference for years to come

@deezylowe @jay_256 already have the subscriber base-just raise rates for the premium content.

@MH ver3 Could this lead to a scheduling agreement between B12 /ACC?

@deezylowe yes indeed it could.

Mountaineer Steve ‏@Mountaineer_Ste 3h3 hours agoIrmo, SC
@MH ver3 Only adding 2 teams means BIG12 has only 11 programs with content (-TexA$$) vs 14 ACC teams. Why would ACC agree to even split?

@Mountaineer_Ste because when LHN is up UT will fold in. Also if B12 can net P12 schools after their deal expires it will be even keel

@Mountaineer_Ste also it's the ACC only option to not pay start up costs up front.

TheFrogCast ‏@TheFrogCastTCU 3h3 hours ago
@MH ver3 so I know it's programming question but split network with say both baseball tournaments going doesn't sound functional

@TheFrogCastTCU regional programming.

@TheFrogCastTCU that's the beauty of the 2 conferences not overlapping much.Adding Uconn might cause slight overlap but would only bolster NY

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My cat could have told you Baylor AD would step down. Really?
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
Bah, where was he then?

[...freaking wanna be...]

Reaction Score
Mo Persinger ‏@hmpersinger3 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV "the bottom line is Non-Power 5 candidates don't mov the meter". Amen.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@hmpersinger3 Has that ever been less than true.

Mo Persinger ‏@hmpersinger3 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV FSU and Clemson or Bust

Mo Persinger ‏@hmpersinger3 1h1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV no and it never will be. No Memphis, No Cincy, No Houstons, No UConn, No BYU, no How.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 1h1 hour ago
@hmpersinger3 I'm glad someone else mentioned FSU & Clemson.

Eric Ruby ‏@hoorayforeric 38m38 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV I'm hearing word that if ACCN can't get going, the door for FSU and Clemson to move w/out ACC GoR recourse opens. B12N happens

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV May 28
B12 will not vote to expand next Saturday but they might decide to winnow down the candidates to 2.

Geoff Bailey ‏@GeoffreyLBailey 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV You really have an active imagination, don't you? Let's just throw as much crap against the wall 2 see what sticks...

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 2h2 hours ago
@GeoffreyLBailey What crap. I've been rather specific.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
Reports of B12 not expanding are both premature and originating completely from UT. I will have more on that tomorrow.

NBC Sports ‏@NBCSports 3h3 hours ago
Report: @Big12Conference expansion, conference TV network on hold for 2016. http://tw.nbcsports.com/4cd0

Hawkeye ‏@hawkeyeND 3h3 hours ago
@NBCSports @Big12Conference @theDudeofWV and now the $$ divide will grow even steeper between big 12 and the sec/B1G. ESPN not interested

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4m4 minutes ago
@hawkeyeND what?

Reaction Score
Chuck Carlton Verified account 
‏@ChuckCarltonDMN

@mikefinger That's the dilemma. Do you go east for UConn-Cincy? West for BYU-CSU? South for UCF-USF? Or wait for something better.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 31m31 minutes ago
If "something better" means ACC teams, then that's not happening. Big 12 needs to stop being paralyzed by delusions

@frankthetank111 Frank, take your B1G blinders off. If ESPN & ACC are at an impasse there is a very real possibility 2 ACC schools jump.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 27m27 minutes ago
Nothing to do with the B1G. Why is the grant of rights ironclad for the Big 12, but suddenly not for the ACC?

@frankthetank111 Explain why Swofford meet with each FSU BoT member privately to avoid sunshine laws.

@frankthetank111 FSU may have an out. They signed the GoR specifically for a network. They were assured of a network.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 23m23 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 FSU may have a valid legal challenge based on what assurances Swofford used to coerce their board to approve it.

Andrew Wamugi‏@AndrewWamugi
@frankthetank111 @theDudeofWV the assumption is the ACC GOR is conditional based on launch of ACC network. Without network, GOR may be void

Frank the Tank‏@frankthetank111
I've heard that assumption. It makes no sense since the whole point of a GOR is that it's an unconditional grant.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 20m20 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 If FSU was given assurances to obtain their sig on the GoR & those assurances are not meet they have recourse. True?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 8m8 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @frankthetank111
No Dude, ACC GOR is real...and FSU has been given consideration....for the 1,000th time you know this.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 Frank. If Swofford made verbal assurances to FSU they have recourse to challenge the GoR.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 14m14 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 There is also the question if a state school can grant rights without receiving fair market value for those rights.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 13m13 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 So it may be illegal for FSU to grant rights without some tangible consideration.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 13m13 minutes ago
The consideration is the entering into the underlying TV contracts. That is how Big 12 GOR agreement is structured.

@frankthetank111 For the Big 12 yes. That's correct. But the ACC GoR was after their TV deal. Several years.

@frankthetank111 By the way ESPN/Fox paid each B12 school a bonus of $6m for signing the GoR & a premium on the TV contract. ACC nothing.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 12m12 minutes ago
@frankthetank111 The ACC GoR was not a condition of their TV deal. It's only purpose was to secure a conf network.

@frankthetank111 ESPN isn't the one saying no to a Big 12 network. It's Texas. Part of UT's reasoning is they don't want G5 schools.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 16m16 minutes ago
@hawkeyeND @frankthetank111 ESPN isn't saying no. That's an incorrect assumption made by people who are afraid of math.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 · 28m28 minutes ago
If Big 12 ultimately decides not to expand, I get it. However, it shouldn't fool itself in thinking FSU ever wants anything to do with them.

@frankthetank111 I'll make a wager with you. If ESPN passes on the ACCN then FSU is in the Big 12 by 2020.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom