Non-Key Tweets | Page 604 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Chris Dufresne ‏@DufRankman 4m4 minutes ago
Latest from Jersey Guy and @TheMediaGuides: UConn contacted re possible Big 12 expansion interest

link
Opps, this says schools will be notified " in weeks ".. so " Friday"... or " next Tuesday" rumors are now out. In a " few weeks " we can push back B12 expansion rumors then too... who knows. But at least this buys the rumor mills that love clicks to their sites more additional time to push back the decision times once again " in a " few weeks ", and means nobody will have to keep refreshing 24-7 anymore now. So THATS good, anyway.

Reaction Score
Opps, this says schools will be notified " in weeks ".. so " Friday"... or " next Tuesday" rumors are now out.

It says "which could mean expansion offers may be arriving in weeks, as opposed to months."

They aren't waiting weeks...

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
... yet, his written English suggests a remedial Memphis CC, Cougar High, or Louisville JC education. Reliable source? Dubious, at best!

He never actually claimed to have gone to UConn- just to know a booster. ;) Imagine the grammar of people who didn't get into Memphis, though. Oof.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Re: Blauds.

His blog post infers the XII is either behind the timetable being put forth by Flug if they're just contacting us now, or that the XII is listening to their media rights partners and now engaging us, which they hadn't done previously. That's my take anyway.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Very key - Blauds has legit sources and doesn't post speculative info on things like this.

I've found that when Blauds writes speculative pieces, they tend to be all over the place, but when he has something real to report it's usually sound.

Now, they could be meeting with a handful of schools. Just up for us to close.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Re: Blauds.

His blog post infers the XII is either behind the timetable being put forth by Flug if they're just contacting us now, or that the XII is listening to their media rights partners and now engaging us, which they hadn't done previously. That's my take anyway.
ESPN finally going to bat for us?

Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm wasting my time posting on this subject when we know nothing and only patience will bring us the answer.

No one knows we are joining through a UConn booster. When a UConn booster actually knows something, we will all know it.

Blauds, on the other hand, is a real reporter. Not necessarily the best one, but a real one. I want to take that very favorably. Since I'm assuming that the real meetings (whether in person or otherwise) have already happened, I am going to let myself pray that the meetings he is talking about are the official meetings to extend an invitation.

But, obviously, this post isn't worth the cyber ink it's written in

Reaction Score
You have to take Blauds' report for what it is - he is NOT saying we're in. He's saying there's been contact and that the Big 12 is asking us to pitch to them. That's a significant development, but far from a done deal.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
You have to take Blauds' report for what it is - he is NOT saying we're in. He's saying there's been contact and that the Big 12 is asking us to pitch to them. That's a significant development, but far from a done deal.
I wish we had more info i.e. How many other schools/who.

Reaction Score

He did not say we were being invited to pitch. He said the meeting was to gauge our interest in joining. As in:

Big XII: UConn, on the terms set forth, would you ..

UConn: signed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah, this is exactly the kind of dude that would know.:rolleyes:
Perhaps not, but he exactly the kind of guy that would tweet it if he did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Very key - Blauds has legit sources and doesn't post speculative info on things like this.
Posted this elsewhere but...

According to sources familiar to the situation, the Big 12 Conference has contacted the University of Connecticut to discuss setting up a meeting to gauge the school’s interest in joining the Big 12. Big 12 officials have reportedly sent similar messages to several other schools.

Okay. I hate to be that guy, but wasn't this exactly what they said they'd do at the last Big 12 meeting? Blauds didn't say it was an invite, just that reached out to us. The real question is whether this is old news or not. If it is then... *yawn*. If it isn't then why didn't this contact happen sooner, if we are considered a top candidate? Also, it seemed like the teams had already been picked. So if the meeting hadn't taken place before, is this the result of ESPN saying "Memphis?! What are you kidding me? Take the best available schools you idiots!"

Reaction Score
He did not say we were being invited to pitch. He said the meeting was to gauge our interest in joining. As in:

Well yeah, what the context of the meeting is, who knows. But we're being invited to meet. It's the first concrete report that we're directly in touch with B12 officials.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That tweet (now deleted) is kinda the way this stuff usually first leaks. Who knows though.

MattMang23

Reaction Score

I'd like to believe what you're saying is what's happening because that puts the process one step forward than where I had it based on that post. What gives me pause that the process is as far along as you're suggesting it might be is that apparently the meeting we are getting has been set up with "several other schools." "Several" seems too high a number to be just the schools being invited.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom