Non-Key Tweets | Page 504 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 5h5 hours ago
Thinking out loud: What if the U of Houston is the best chance for the long term viability of the B12? Don't react emotionally. Think...

Maybe the best chance to have a network & expand would be for the Texas State govt to force UT to play nice. That means UH in the Big 12.

Don't react emotionally. Think how best to change UT's hard no to a yes.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Can we drop the Dude from the thread? Do we quote random message board posters' opinions in this thread? That is all the Dude is.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As a thought....why aren't you guys castigating Boren and Bowlsby for saying regretfully that the Big 12 missed the boat on Louisville...while UConn sits in waiting?

Could they have seen the same thing that the ACC did?

Boren....

"You know, I was for adding Louisville (when the Big 12 instead added West Virginia and TCU in 2012)," he said. "I obviously did not prevail, and they have now gone into another conference and they're not available now. But they'd have been a good fit.
'Ville was a more logical choice for the big 12, UConn FG or thecACC. FSU threw its weight as around and got Louisville. That was the its all about football, academics be damned choice. They may end up regrettting that decision.

Reaction Score
As a thought....why aren't you guys castigating Boren and Bowlsby for saying regretfully that the Big 12 missed the boat on Louisville...while UConn sits in waiting?

Boren....

"You know, I was for adding Louisville (when the Big 12 instead added West Virginia and TCU in 2012)," he said. "I obviously did not prevail, and they have now gone into another conference and they're not available now. But they'd have been a good fit.

Let me get this straight: This thread is full of examples defining exactly how the SEC and B1G clearly out maneuvered the ACC and B12 in conference realignment thus far. And you purposely chose to use an example of the ACC and B12 both coveting the same expansion candidate ... to bolster your argument???

Reaction Score
The ACC had good basketball match ups.....what was needed was a few more compelling football match ups.....and there were few left to add in the east that could give that.

What was not needed was more Wake vs Duke, BC vs Virginia, Cuse vs BC, NC State vs Cuse type football games. That's why the shoring up of schedules with Notre Dame was a good thing.

I do understand the thought about "markets" and revenue...but as a fan of a football school, first and foremost, I want exciting football matchups.

A UConn guy might be excited about playing Kansas....I am excited about playing Louisville.

Reaction Score
Let me get this straight: This thread is full of examples defining exactly how the SEC and B1G clearly out maneuvered the ACC and B12 in conference realignment thus far. And you purposely chose to use an example of the ACC and B12 both coveting the same expansion candidate ... to bolster your argument???

What basketball school would the SEC add? The SEC added credible football schools.

The problem with the ACC is that it was neither fish nor foul...thinking basketball while football pays the bills. Forgetting geographic compactness and rivalries and having divisions with a team in Florida in the same division as a team in Boston and Syracuse. No North-South divisions...just an ungainly mix.

The ACC finally started to figure out that football was important while Coach K and Roy Williams fought tooth and nail to keep a basketball first league. The ACC is now caught in a transitional stage but football still needs to improve and have a couple more teams ranked end of year.

If the ACC becomes a place that is not a fit for a good football program, those programs will a find a way to move on to where their needs are more adequately met.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
The ACC had good basketball match ups.....what was needed was a few more compelling football match ups.....and there were few left to add in the east that could give that.

What was not needed was more Wake vs Duke, BC vs Virginia, Cuse vs BC, NC State vs Cuse type football games. That's why the shoring up of schedules with Notre Dame was a good thing.

I do understand the thought about "markets" and revenue...but as a fan of a football school, first and foremost, I want exciting football matchups.

A UConn guy might be excited about playing Kansas....I am excited about playing Louisville.
UL has a historically mediocre football program. Most of that time was spent playing home games in a minor league baseball park. Let's see what direction it goes the further it gets away from the Strong and Bridgewater years.

Reaction Score
UL has a historically mediocre football program. Most of that time was spent playing home games in a minor league baseball park. Let's see what direction it goes the further it gets away from the Strong and Bridgewater years.
They have great facilities now so that is on their side now. I do agree that most non elite schools are a special college QB away from making a splash and then returning to middle of the pack once they leave. Bridgewater was one. UCF with Bortles, I enjoyed watching their fanbase get humbled. They went from thinking they were too good to be in a conference with us to winless in two years. Boise State's had a few but Kellen Moore was a great, great college QB. Only time we had an above average QB, Dan O, for an extended time we had some nice offenses. If our Fiesta Bowl team had a QB like that, we easily win 10, 11 games that season or the one before.

Being swayed by a nice couple of seasons is silly. Like I said look at UCF, thought they were the cats meow to bust overnight.

Reaction Score
Louisville has finished ranked in the AP nine seasons...

True...as the small print says...past performance does not guarantee future performance. Pitt was a great team..a National Champ...multiple top 10 AP finishes and has not gotten back there.

From 1984-2015...Louisville has a slightly better winning percentage than Virginia, UNC, Syracuse, NC State, Wake, South Carolina, Mississippi, Purdue, Illinois, Stanford, Maryland, Minnesota, Cal, Mizzou, Oklahoma State, Cincinnati..and more.

Staying power is never known...but over the last 31 seasons, Louisville's win percentage is presentable.

Reaction Score

Boren....

Huh?

Louisville is located in Kentucky.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur Retweeted
Matt Schonvisky ‏@MattSchonvisky 3h3 hours ago

.@ESPN_Big12 @FOXSports @NBCSports @CBSSportsCFB @UConnHuskyAD @UConnHuskies @jacobscourant @SiriusXMCollegepic.twitter.com/CGShzlyWzM

Chn0-4aUYAAd9jU.jpg

11:26 AM - 4 May 2016 · Details
15 retweets 13 likes

CL82: Well that chart makes things clear. Nice job Matt.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/writer/dennis-dodd/25577058/expansion-would-improve-big-12s-playoff-chances-by-10-15-percent… So Expansion to 12...8 Conf Games + CCG increases playoff possibilities to 10-15%. It's happening

Greg Flugaur Retweeted Greg Flugaur

https://mobile.twitter.com/flugempire/status/727879071930175489… Adding only CCG increases playoff odds for B12 to 4-5%. But add in Expansion...well....10-15% increase.

In other words....it's time for B12 Leadership to scrap the Horse n Buggy model and join the modern day Collegiate Football Landscape.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 3h3 hours ago
At the very least we don't have to listen to uneducated hacks on Twitter anymore spouting how bad a B12 CCG would be for B12 playoff chances

https://mobile.twitter.com/dschwarzlander This gentlemen (& Statesmen)has nailed it..BTM will expand on it Saturday. If UT stops B12 EXP now..UT leaves B12.

And now we get the predictable mocking of the Research Findings of B12 increase Playoff Odds with EXP from foot dragging B12 Media.

http://blatanthomerism.com/articles/2015/6/five-easy-steps-to-saving-the-big-12-through-expansion… Very nice.

Matt Brown ‏@MattBrownCFB 3h3 hours ago
If Big 12 wants guaranteed way to increase playoff odds maybe it should just start campaigning for a 6-team playoff instead of this nonsense

@MattBrownCFB 6-team playoff is not happening in next 11-12 years (Contract). To push for something which is non-starter is nonsense.

Wescott Eberts‏@SBN_Wescott
Per @kbohls, #Texas officials still see no reason to give up LHN without leaving conference. http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/5/4/11591362/texas-longhorns-big-12-expansion-conference-realignment?_ga=1.204410259.2082576323.1442594518…

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 34m34 minutes ago
Storrs South Retweeted Wescott Eberts

@flugempire thoughts?

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 23m23 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough I was asked by http://adimeback.com. to give my comments on what is going down. You might want to check that site out.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 21m21 minutes ago
@flugempire but seriously the LHN is a sh it brand. What are they talking about

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 19m19 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough I agree. Keep in mind....UT will fight for best deal in fold over LHN. UT not going to come out and say "Sure, done deal"

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 10m10 minutes ago
@flugempire but why shoot yourself in the foot? They would not make CFB for some time in B10 or SEC. They are struggling in B12 atm!!!

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 7m7 minutes ago
@flugempire they must have left over analytics folks from TWA, RCA, Compaq, Arthur Andersen and Trump Steaks running the show

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4m4 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough HA!

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 24m24 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough They won't have it posted for awhile but the interview has finished. But just say..If UT does not give in..UT will go

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough And quite honestly OU will be gone...and there will be backfills. B12 will remain P5.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 21m21 minutes ago
@flugempire you don't think it would become P4? Seems stupid for both to leave when it's easiest path to CFB

MH ver3 ‏@MHver3 7h7 hours ago
Big12 leadership meeting this week in advance of end of month meetings. Data on expansion will be focal point.some want to advance timetable

MH ver3 ‏@MHver3 7h7 hours ago
Also expected is heavy pressure on UT regarding LHN.

Brad Weiss ‏@UConnPittDad 6h6 hours ago
@MH ver3 UConn still a viable candidate? Could wrap up NY / NE markets.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 6h6 hours ago
@UConnPittDad as far as I know that hasn't changed

And now for some contrast...

Allen Kenney ‏@BlatantHomerism 3h3 hours ago
assuming point 3 holds, expanding now is just about getting ready for the fallout

http://www.mystatesman.com/news/sports/bohls-on-the-search-for-an-ad-better-nba-officiati/nrGkg/

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 3h3 hours ago
@BlatantHomerism Expanding now hastens the fallout. Mitigates damages if Big 12 maintains 10 members if 2 leave.

Jason Cooper ‏@JasonCooper22 3h3 hours ago
.@theDudeofWV http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25577058/expansion-would-improve-big-12s-playoff-chances-by-10-15-percent… Seems that the data from Navigate Research is even more positive for #Big12Expansion.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 32m32 minutes ago
@JasonCooper22 Read it carefully. The spin machine is working.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 22h22 hours ago
Maybe the best chance to have a network & expand would be for the Texas State govt to force UT to play nice. That means UH in the Big 12.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 28m28 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV LOL!!!!

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 28m28 minutes ago
@UTDrew6 I said think about it as an exercise.... so think about it.

UTDrew6 ‏@UTDrew6 19m19 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV UH to the Big 12 has been thought about for YEARS in this part of the country. Not going to happen. Ever!!

Reaction Score
The Big bungled with Notre Dame, got nervous about Penn State being isolated in the east...so added Maryland and Rutgers as a bolster.

Maryland isn't near the property that Louisville is....the ACC grabbed Louisville to the later consternation of Boren and Bowlsby.

billy, you're usually rational. So, before I add to the heat you're about to take, please provide your definition of "property."

Reaction Score
Dennis DoddVerified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
Breaking: Data suggests expansion wud significantly increase B12 shot making CFP. ADs & coaches will see data today.

Frank the Tank ‏@frankthetank111 4h4 hours ago
Frank the Tank Retweeted Dennis Dodd

More detail about the Navigate report to the Big 12 that points to the benefits of expansion.

Thing is that CFP is (or should be) such a minor part of expansion analysis. Long-term markets, demographics and stability are what matter.

Allen Kenney‏@BlatantHomerism
@frankthetank111 yes, but this is about placating oklahoma.

Frank the Tank Retweeted Allen Kenney

Yes, no doubt. #Big12Expansion

Dan Schwarzlander‏@dschwarzlander
@frankthetank111 @BlatantHomerism @kbohls UT isn't interested in exp if it changes their network in any way.

Frank the Tank Retweeted Dan Schwarzlander

Agreed. Big 12 expansion might happen, but that doesn't mean that anything will change with the Longhorn Network.

Frank the Tank Retweeted Dan Schwarzlander

Asking Texas to drop LHN for Big 12 Network is lost cause. Big 12 expansion $ will need to find other justification.

Reaction Score
Steve Lance ‏@Slance66 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV You realize that UT hates UH right? That the UT supporters in Austin don't like UH? Bad blood. UT would like yes only if UH out

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 55m55 minutes ago
@Slance66 Yes. I know that. Texas would have to be forced by Abbot et al...

Jason Cooper ‏@JasonCooper22 4h4 hours ago
Jason Cooper Retweeted Navigate Research

.@theDudeofWV You said Navigate's data doesn't support expansion. Here's their tweet saying data favors expansion -

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 54m54 minutes ago
@JasonCooper22 @Navigate_Res @CBSSports Navigate's report DOES NOT change any no vote to a yes vote.

R CAT READER ‏@CATREADER66 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Chris I hope your info about expansion is more accurate than your prediction on B1G TV contract.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 54m54 minutes ago
@CATREADER66 What did ESPN pay? Did I ever say I had a source at Fox? Or did I say an ESPN source told me?

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 2h2 hours ago
The idea that Texas can lord its power over rest of Big 12 is outdated narrative. Prez/AD/coach have all turned over since last realignment.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 52m52 minutes ago
@slmandel Simple business for Texas. How do the Longhorns benefit from a network or expansion?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 50m50 minutes ago
@slmandel Texas believes if they are the Big 12 champion they would never be left out of the playoffs. A CCG with 10 or 12 just hinders UT.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 49m49 minutes ago
@slmandel Texas holds all the power by way of LHN. A B12 network can't exist without the Longhorns.

Rob Stamper ‏@raarons78 49m49 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV ask OU..... Then ask 2014 TCU & Baylor

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 48m48 minutes ago
@raarons78 OU made the playoffs. BU & TCU are not Texas. Neither have the name recognition or clout of the Longhorns.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 45m45 minutes ago
Some Big 12 members call Navigate's research statistically insignificant be it 5, 10 or 15% improvement in odds.

Be yoU ‏@brandyisme 41m41 minutes ago
Be yoU Retweeted Christopher Lambert

Must....resist....

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 39m39 minutes ago
@brandyisme Using data to justify their position on expansion. Not enough to change any votes.

EvanHayon ‏@EvanHayon 44m44 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV really interested in the new expansion developments. Anyway you could briefly sum up what has changed?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 38m38 minutes ago
@EvanHayon Texas doesn't want to expand, give up LHN or have a CCG. Texas controls votes of TCU & TT. KSU has an interim Prez.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 38m38 minutes ago
@EvanHayon May will turn to June & the 2016 season will start without a decision.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 37m37 minutes ago
@EvanHayon Central problem is how to change Texas from a no to a yes vote. Doesn't seem to be any incentive for Texas.

Dennis DoddVerified account‏@dennisdoddcbs
Today’s data showed B12 has 62% chance of playing in CFP in any given year if it stands pat. Issue is there is no comparison to other confs

Ralph D. Russo ‏@ralphDrussoAP 39m39 minutes ago
Ralph D. Russo Retweeted Dennis Dodd

So it's settled! Wait. What?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 33m33 minutes ago
@ralphDrussoAP @dennisdoddcbs Data without context is inert.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 32m32 minutes ago
I'm pro expansion. You guys know that right?

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 30m30 minutes ago
Navigate's research seems to be based on a very limited data set.

Navigate Research ‏@Navigate_Res 46m46 minutes ago
Expansion would improve Big 12's playoff chances by 10-15 percent http://cbsprt.co/24xSxsm via @cbssports

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 27m27 minutes ago
@Navigate_Res @CBSSports Any chance of Navigate releasing the methodology used in the analysis? Some question about data set used.

Be yoU ‏@brandyisme 30m30 minutes ago
Be yoU Retweeted Christopher Lambert

10 years supposedly, tho everything changed 2 years ago

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 26m26 minutes ago
@brandyisme I suspect the data was skewed to support expansion. Only used Big 12 results. How can B12 results prior to 2012 be applicable?

Reaction Score
Marc Londo ‏@mlondo856 6h6 hours ago
@slmandel @TuxedoYoda If round robin puts them at a disadvantage then they are arguably doing it wrong. Other conf have a tougher gauntlet.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 6h6 hours ago
@mlondo856 @slmandel tougher gauntlet? Sagarin would disagree.

Michael Mason‏@ATXMichaelMason
@SBN_Wescott I've never gotten this silly argument. If ESPN wanted a Big 12 Network they would have made one. They wanted the Texas brand.

texan0322 ‏@texan0322 3h3 hours ago
I know, I know, the arrogance of t.u. is shocking. Report: texas pressure is holding up Big 12 expansion http://www.burntorangenation.com/2016/5/4/11591362/texas-longhorns-big-12-expansion-conference-realignment… #toldyouso

Tuxedo Yoda‏@TuxedoYoda
@texan0322 Arrogance? LHN provides endowed professorships, million$ to academics. Why is Texas only school that can't look out for itself?

texan0322 ‏@texan0322 2h2 hours ago
@TuxedoYoda t.u. should go be an independent then since they only look out for themselves. They destroyed the big 12 with the LHN.

Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 2h2 hours ago
@texan0322 Schools left before LHN ever existed. Again, why is it okay for every school but Texas to look out for their best interests?

@TuxedoYoda Don't act like you didn't block me because you disagree with me lol. Typical sip move. #texasarrogance

@TuxedoYoda lol Block me because I say your limp wristed bunch over in Austin is arrogant? Thanks for making my day

Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel 2h2 hours ago
The idea that Texas can lord its power over rest of Big 12 is outdated narrative. Prez/AD/coach have all turned over since last realignment.

@slmandel People won't like this. Without Texas to blame for the failures of their programs, their little hearts will break.

RedDirtSport ‏@RedDirtSport 2h2 hours ago
I want nothing more to leave the league & let Texas have their SWC redux. F it

Wright Blan ‏@SWRTWrightBlan 2h2 hours ago
@RedDirtSport 1)Take, Ok St, Kansas, KS St, WVU, & Big 12 name with you, 2)Raid AAC, 3)Make Texas schools on outside of Power 5 looking in.

@SWRTWrightBlan Realignment is all about $, which is all about TV and the B12's major draw is Texas.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 46m46 minutes ago
Greg Flugaur Retweeted Adam Rittenberg

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/727972484897636352… Per OU Contacts- OU has been optimistic this would be outcome since at least mid-Feburary

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 22m22 minutes ago
UT does not need to be"made-whole-15 mil a year"soley by B12N $. B12 can use new CCG $ & "haircuts$" of the 2 new schools to make UT happy

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 20m20 minutes ago
The question is not if B12N can produce enough profits in next 7 years to give UT 15 mil a year + others in Big 12 6-7 mil a year..nope.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 19m19 minutes ago
The question is with new B12 CCG REV + Pro rata payouts on 11/12 with them taking haircuts on payments can those $ be moved to make UT whole

J ‏@UCONNfan14 13m13 minutes ago
@flugempire is this playing out like OU contacts said it would? and how BTM and you thought it would since JAN/FEB tweets about uconn/uc

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4m4 minutes ago
@UCONNfan14 Yes

Greg Sw aim ‏@GSw aim 7h7 hours ago
For #BYU and #UCBearcats fans, who've been with us through roller coaster of #Big12 expansion for years, I have my fingers crossed for you.

Greg Sw aim ‏@GSw aim 2h2 hours ago
Why is #Big12 expansion talk different than it's been before? Probably because for the first time Bowlsby admits they have to expand!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom