Non-Key Tweets | Page 802 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol…

9CCB9D0B-B49C-40E8-BD37-12EE52484B07.jpeg

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
Getting some early details on BY’s talk today with GK and networks.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
Valuations just don’t appear to be there to add more than 6 schools even with Amazon picking up 12 games we we would see a reduction in per school payout. It wouldn’t be much I’m told but it would be less.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
Fox would not do pro rata for all 8 teams but would be interested in additional inventory in certain time slots. Hearing an additional $50m from Fox max.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
PAC requests are not insignificant. They would want to see certain employees taken care of, Comcast bill paid by an equal share of all members of the merged conference, and certain monies be paid to Stanford and Cal to “buy them out of their share of ownership”

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
1h
BY did not give a flat “no” but acknowledged that he thought 20 schools were seemingly unmanageable compared to peer conferences, also feels it handcuffs them from growing in eastern markets.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I don't get the "don't kill me part". Does he think we'll be upset about this?

Reaction Score
He probably realizes that it would be met with skepticism.
Per another UMass "insider" - I heard from him that both UMass and UConn will pursue football only membership in the MAC. They said that the only obstacle is the president of that league who is against it and wants all sports membership which neither program would do. I can't believe this conf realignment board is still active and the same people like Flugar and the WV guys are talking about this regularly. I guess it's like a drug you are addicted to.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He probably realizes that it would be met with skepticism.
I've never heard of this guy before but it sounds like it would be no different then the rest of his tweets.

Reaction Score
Per another UMass "insider" - I heard from him that both UMass and UConn will pursue football only membership in the MAC. They said that the only obstacle is the president of that league who is against it and wants all sports membership which neither program would do. I can't believe this conf realignment board is still active and the same people like Flugar and the WV guys are talking about this regularly. I guess it's like a drug you are addicted to.
I don’t see us joining the MAC. It would be the exact opposite of what the fan base wants, which is to play big name schools.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3

Final tidbit of the night: a source in WVU AD thinks the March 7th meeting will be to issue invites to at least 2 BB only schools and to possibly accept and approve applications for 2 all sports members. Fwiw it’s not the same source who originally told me about the March 7 date
12:57 AM · Feb 20, 2023

BR Slater@B_R_Slater
·
Feb 20
Replying to @MH ver3
Who would you guess those 4 new schools to be? Gonzaga plus who?

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
Feb 20
Replying to @B_R_Slater
Best guess (stressing the word guess here) would be Villanova. They’ve been the most active in talks with the 3 eastern schools we’ve been talking to.
·

CL82

Reaction Score
It was dead for a while, but now it’s kicked back to life. It was funny how easy it was to fall back in the habit of checking this board once an addict always an addict I guess.

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
Hearing ACC interest in Cal/Stanford/OR/WA is high but Cal/Stanford might have already put the brakes on it as they legit have no interest in being associated with southern schools.
9:16 PM · Feb 21, 2023

MH ver3@MH ver3
Colorado and Utah have made a pitch to come with ORWA but I’m told ACC is lukewarm on that combo as they really want the Cali schools.
9:16 PM · Feb 21, 2023

·

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hilarious...can't wait to see what he says in March when the PAC holds and yet the G5 adds don't happen.

MHver3
Last thing I’ll share tonight: my B12 source tells me that if somehow the PAC does stay intact and take the bad tv deal that we have 2 offers for our western failsafes waiting in the wings.

MHver3
Yormark is expanding west no matter what the Pac does. He will either do it with pac schools or elevate 2 G5s and give them exposure on ESPN that PAC will no longer have.

MHver3
ESPN has already approved pro-rata for these two schools. Fox has not. These schools don’t mind only getting $21m a year.

10:57 PM · Feb 21, 2023

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3
·
2m
Last thing I’ll share tonight: my B12 source tells me that if somehow the PAC does stay intact and take the bad tv deal that we have 2 offers for our western failsafes waiting in the wings.

MH ver3@MH ver3
Yormark is expanding west no matter what the Pac does. He will either do it with pac schools or elevate 2 G5s and give them exposure on ESPN that PAC will no longer have.

MH ver3@MH ver3
·
5m
ESPN has already approved pro-rata for these two schools. Fox has not. These schools don’t mind only getting $21m a year.

CL82

Reaction Score
We can break out and update this info. The Video definitely has to be updated with Coach Mora and delete the first 3 seconds. I warned you.

Wanted to love that video, but there is just too much Red Pants, coupled with an appearance of the Conflict trophy.

CL82

Reaction Score
That due diligence submission to the big 12 is a gold mind of information. Although it is reasonably well done, it could be better. For example, take a look at this non-answer to the question of the population within a radius of 100 miles of campus:
View attachment 84317

I see what they’re trying to do, which is reference how close we are to many major metropolitan areas but that wasn’t the question. First, you don’t want to make people work to get their answer. They asked population with in 100 miles give them that gross number, don’t ask them to total the population numbers for a half dozen municipalities. Second, by taking the municipality approach, you completely disregard the population of Connecticut, most of Rhode Island, and part of Massachusetts. That’s easily 2 million or so that they didn’t account for. Far better, from a presentation perspective to say there is (approximately 10 million people) who reside within 100 mile radius of main campus which includes the cities of Hartford, Boston, and Providence. If you include branch campuses this number jumps to (approximately 30 million.). It’s easy enough to get this information by pulling the county population statistics and approximating we’re only a portion of a county is included.

CL82

Reaction Score
So I just checked there are over 15 million people within 100 mile radius of Storrs.
070A253E-F50E-4AF7-8887-1785500CA250.jpeg

https://www.hoosierdata.in.gov/big_radius/radius.asp

That’s a lot more impressive than listing a few cities that total half that number. If I were putting together this data, I would include that chart, and then I would include another chart showing how the hundred mile radius population numbers of stores compared to existing big 12, or any other conference, schools.

Reaction Score
Is it next year our CBSSPORTS deal for football runs out? We are dirt cheap, and you'd have to think CBS will re-up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom