Non-Key Tweets | Page 776 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 11m
There is a chance that ND joining could trigger a series of events where the Big10 takes Stanford and leaves Oregon and Washington out though. It’s all nuts right now. Hearing different things from different sources.

THE OUTLAW@Cougarsportsfan · 11m
Replying to @MH ver3
if that happens do you seen oregon and washington joining us in the big12

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 11m
I would think they would but there has yet to be any interest from those 2 schools with B12 from what I’ve been told.

Corey Wishnia@cwishn · 12m
The Big 10 should just bring in all the schools in the Pac 10 as a Western division.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 10m
Replying to @cwishn
That will never happen because these additions are based on valuation metrics. USC and UCLA moved the needle a lot. Washington and Oregon move the needle a little. No one else does for the amount needed for per school revenue growth.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 10m
Stanford getting in would bank on ND making Stanford joining a condition for their joining.

college football fan@Genetics56 ·7h
Not my usual source, but a Ohio State insider is saying to pay attention to Georgia Tech. Notre Dame and Georiga Tech have a long history of playing each other. Take this seriously folks. I'm not posting this as a rumor, take it serious.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 7h
After reading the Ohio State insider and the intel from my normal source, I'm leaning towards the Big Ten going to 24.

I repeat, Notre Dame and Georgia Tech ....take it seriously. Very seriously.

One thing to watch for, and this even surprises me, don't be surprised if you see Clemson's profile rise in the eyes of the Big Ten/FOX. Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, and sounds like they may want Clemson coming too. That way Notre Dame completes a national schedule.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 3h
I feel bad for Washington. 20 years from now people will be asking "why" and not many will remember the details. Houston was once in a conference with Oklahoma and Texas. Not everyone can be a winner. It's a harsh reality of life.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 1h
How did USC + UCLA to Big Ten get done so quietly without any national media getting a leak? OSU leaders are friends with leaders at USC and UCLA, which are also connected to Notre Dame. FOX. Warren didn't it up and got it across the finish line.

All of the signs were there though through the Sports Business Journal (in a public form) about the Big Ten TV deal. I'm amazed that nobody else, besides me, caught onto the numbers. When you ran the numbers, of course Pac 12 schools were going to the big Ten.

Now we just wait for Notre dame to announce and their most likely partner of Oregon/Stanford. The ACC schools will come, but that is going to take time.

If I had to put money on the table if the Big Ten will stop at 18, the answer I would provide is YES. I don't see them going to 20 right away. They will, just don't see it happening right now. Notre Dame is the prize and once that is in, you take the partner and go east.

TempoNick@tempo_nick · 1h
Except for people following a certain Twitter account. We were in the know.

yes, but I'm referring to those that get paid. Wilner had no clue too.

that is why you don't see Stanford or Oregon saying anything. Their mouths are shut closed. If either of them say anything in the coming days, it's over for them and they will get left behind. It's sad, but reality. There were always going to be some hurt feelings to breakway

TempoNick@tempo_nick · 1h
The question is also whether you want the SEC to take Oregon and Washington? If they took Missouri, they're not going to be as picky as we are. I still say take them.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 58m
Would they take Washington (SEC)? That is a good question.

Reaction Score
For whatever it's worth:

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Holiday weekend be damned, B12 directors emergency Teams meeting this afternoon.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth,,,,

Supposed Insider who called out the two conference movement a year ago...

"Hearing that ESPN executives plan to meet with Jim Phillips this week to discuss the way forward for the ACC. The SEC is planning for expansion and ESPN will help facilitate moving the top brands accordingly.

ESPN will present a viable pathway for the leftover ACC schools to not be harmed financially in a way that makes sense for all involved. There is still a decent amount of market value left to restructure media contracts for what will be left of the ACC, Big 12 and PAC after the heavyweights migrate to the B1G and SEC.

Wake Forest, BC, etc. being in a middleweight league is a lot better than crossing ESPN and FOX and getting demoted further down to Sun Belt level payouts. ESPN has enormous contractual and financial leverage to make this happen.

This is still going to take some time to work out and things are still fluid but we are way ahead of the 18 month timetable I posted about months ago."

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
For what it is worth,,,,

"Hearing that ESPN executives plan to meet with Jim Phillips this week to discuss the way forward for the ACC. The SEC is planning for expansion and ESPN will help facilitate moving the top brands accordingly.

ESPN will present a viable pathway for the leftover ACC schools to not be harmed financially in a way that makes sense for all involved. There is still a decent amount of market value left to restructure media contracts for what will be left of the ACC, Big 12 and PAC after the heavyweights migrate to the B1G and SEC.

Wake Forest, BC, etc. being in a middleweight league is a lot better than crossing ESPN and FOX and getting demoted further down to Sun Belt level payouts. ESPN has enormous contractual and financial leverage to make this happen.

This is still going to take some time to work out and things are still fluid but we are way ahead of the 18 month timetable I posted about months ago."
What article is this from?

Reaction Score
For what it is worth,,,,

Gotta link for that?

Reaction Score
The poster is followed closely....he has been calling the consolidation move for a while...had USC and UCLA to B1G quite a while back.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth,,,,

If true the SEC is about to poach the ACC which would potentially put UCONN in play if/when the ACC decides to replace the lost schools. It does seem rather obvious that a re-shuffled ACC is UCONN's most likely landing spot unless the B1G offers us a half share spot in their league. There are plenty of reasons for ESPN to want UCONN added to the ACC in this tug of war between ESPN and Fox. Top of the list would be to weaken the BIg East again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If true the SEC is about to poach the ACC which would potentially put UCONN in play if/when the ACC decides to replace the lost schools. It does seem rather obvious that a re-shuffled ACC is UCONN's most likely landing spot unless the B1G offers us a half share spot in their league. There are plenty of reasons for ESPN to want UCONN added to the ACC in this tug of war between ESPN and Fox. Top of the list would be to weaken the BIg East again.

Withdrawal fee
If UConn decides to leave the Big East, it will have to pay a hefty fee. The terms of the contract state that UConn will be responsible for paying the conference $30 million if it withdraws within the first six years of membership. If the school bails within a three-year period after that, $15 million is owed. After 10 years, UConn would owe $10 million. A withdrawal fee can be split up into four payments, if necessary.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Withdrawal fee
If UConn decides to leave the Big East, it will have to pay a hefty fee. The terms of the contract state that UConn will be responsible for paying the conference $30 million if it withdraws within the first six years of membership. If the school bails within a three-year period after that, $15 million is owed. After 10 years, UConn would owe $10 million. A withdrawal fee can be split up into four payments, if necessary.
Chump change. They’ll make it back in three years.

Reaction Score
For what it is worth,,,,

The poster is followed closely....he has been calling the consolidation move for a while...had USC and UCLA to B1G quite a while back.
Is this Regal Nole still posting?

Reaction Score

The big hiccup if this wild scenario came true is who are the remaining eleven PAC12 members adding to be considered an equal with the other three 20 team mega conferences? A bunch of MWC schools? At the very least I would think BYU would be jettisoned to the PAC12 to open up a spot for UCONN in the 20 team ACC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom