Non-Key Tweets | Page 775 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
What’s your take on the ACC GOR? Do you view it as a significant impediment to Notre Dame moving if it ever decided to forgo its football independence?
No, our football is not included in the ACC GOR. 125 million or so and we're gone. The ACC is screwed.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
No, our football is not included in the ACC GOR. 125 million or so and we're gone. The ACC is screwed.
I don’t know about screwed, just outplayed. essentially Notre Dame said, sure ACC, will allow you to borrow our brand recognition for a little while until we pick “our forever home.“

I have to say I have great respect for how Notre Dame has positioned itself, even when it’s been to Connecticut’s detriment.

Reaction Score
I don’t know about screwed, just outplayed. essentially Notre Dame said, sure ACC, will allow you to borrow our brand recognition for a little while until we pick “our forever home.“

I have to say I have great respect for how Notre Dame has positioned itself, even when it’s been to Connecticut’s detriment.
Yeah, our business people are really good. UConn, it sucks what has happened because great brands are getting left behind

Reaction Score
Geography is no longer a consideration. Let’s go PAC or B12, if they want us, who cares at this point.

CL82

Reaction Score
Geography is no longer a consideration. Let’s go PAC or B12, if they want us, who cares at this point.
Maybe, before they lost their most valuable properties. Now? I’m not so sure.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, our business people are really good. UConn, it sucks what has happened because great brands are getting left behind
With the benefit of hindsight, one of the dumbest things we’ve done is not take the 10 football game deal with Notre Dame. Notre Dame looks after its own interests, as it should, but an ongoing affiliation with you guys would have been a net plus for us.

I still am hopeful that we somehow end up being one of the survivors in all of this. I don’t see a path for it though. Perhaps as backfill for the ACC which may end up being the “best of the rest“ conference.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
With the benefit of hindsight, one of the dumbest things we’ve done is not take the 10 football game deal with Notre Dame. Notre Dame looks after its own interests, as it should, but an ongoing affiliation with you guys would have been a net plus for us.

I still am hopeful that we somehow end up being one of the survivors in all of this. I don’t see a path for it though. Perhaps as backfill for the ACC which may end up being the “best of the rest“ conference.
with realistic expectations (i.e. we're not going to be in a super league), is the latter option so bad? long term viability in fb and basketball with regional/decent name opponents like Virginia, BC, Cuse, and whoever else they fill with doesn't seem like a bad thing to me

Reaction Score
Maybe, before they lost their most valuable properties. Now? I’m not so sure.

I was being sarcastic, but geography can‘t matter when a mid west conference adds 2 schools on the east coast and 2 in Southern California. Hell, we can join the PAC if they want us. The B12 is in our backyard by comparison.

CL82

Reaction Score
with realistic expectations (i.e. we're not going to be in a super league), is the latter option so bad? long term viability in fb and basketball with regional/decent name opponents like Virginia, BC, Cuse, and whoever else they fill with doesn't seem like a bad thing to me
Is it a bad thing? Well there are certainly worse things that could happen, but if you are not in one of the two major super leagues, you are a de facto Midmajor and unlikely to be able to keep up with the spending arms race that will impact every sport. We already got a preview of that with Michigan’s attempt to steal away Penders.

Reaction Score
Is it a bad thing? Well there are certainly worse things that could happen, but if you are not in one of the two major super leagues, you are a de facto Midmajor and unlikely to be able to keep up with the spending arms race that will impact every sport. We already got a preview of that with Michigan’s attempt to steal away Penders.
And is it ok for the institution to not compete for national championships in any sports because we don’t think its worth it to keep up with the spending arms race? I am honestly struggling to decide.

CL82

Reaction Score
And is it ok for the institution to not compete for national championships in any sports because we don’t think its worth it to keep up with the spending arms race? I am honestly struggling to decide.
Sure, we can just hand out participation medals at the end of the season. ;)

The nature of sports is very much one of competition. I suspect what we may end up with is participating in de facto DII championships.

Reaction Score
Sure, we can just hand out participation medals at the end of the season. ;)

The nature of sports is very much one of competition. I suspect what we may end up with is participating in de facto DII championships.
Do we want UConn to be an academic institution that plays sports or an athletic institution that offers academic classes?

Reaction Score
If you're not in one of those two superleagues, you are not only a de facto midmajor, but you are also essentially part of a big farm system for those superleagues now that players can just up and transfer whenever. And just like any good AAA player dreams of getting called up to MLB, it will be the same for players at the midmajors to get their call up to the B1G or $EC for a shot to shine on the national stage and of course get a piece of the big NIL deal pie.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 50m
BTM

“It didn’t take much to rally the votes behind USC and UCLA’s inclusion into Big Ten. Its also been communicated by B1G leadership this is the bridge to Notre Dame. Ohio St, Michigan, Michigan and Penn St quickly voiced support for Bruins and Trojans”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 49m
BTM

“Notre Dame has some leverage, as did USC, in negotiating with Big Ten, but all parties know Notre Dame loses all of it after the crystalizing new Big Ten media contract is announced. This is the last time Notre Dame can jump while being able to dictate some of its terms”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 49m
BTM

“Every passing hour Notre Dame doesn’t decline Big Ten invitation is an hour closer to becoming a Big Ten member. And again, all parties know this and nobody wants to prolong the decision.”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 48m
BTM

“Lots of maneuvering internally needs to be done at Notre Dame if they come to deciding on realigning themselves with Big Ten. For the first time ever, largely because of NIL, Irish boosters have given green light if Administration says it’s a go”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 48m
BTM

“Our perception is Notre Dame wouldn’t call the shot on who would be added with them for its was USC addition that was needed to make it happen. Open conversation is flowing between USC & Notre Dame Admins and Big Ten no longer needs to question what needs to happen.”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 47m
BTM

“USC is recruiting Notre Dame into Big Ten. They are active. USC has been active for months. Aggressive. USC’s Athletic Director knew his schools value and knew it’s leverage points and brought it and still is bringing it”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 46m
BTM

“NIL is the hammer. Big brands want to play against big brands more often and if they can’t they still want to play in biggest markets. Big Ten markets buy products and services of its advertisers. LA markets will increase wealth all around Big Ten”

BTM

“Washington and Oregon were not told no by Big Ten. Big Ten pause button on any additions other than Notre Dame has been pushed. PAC can’t make any expansion moves until Notre Dame, Washington and Oregon have finished their rounds with Warren.”

BTM

“The important part to realize is Notre Dame knows nothing else can happen until they make decision. They don’t want to hold everybody up. Too much money and institutions are on edge”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 43m
BTM

“Washington, Oregon, Utah and Arizona St all have above average valuations from FOX. If Notre Dame declines invite is valuation from FOX high enough to propel Washington and Oregon to Big Ten? We believe answer is yes. It will come down to Warren’s vision of B1G in 10 years”

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 42m
BTM

“Notre Dame will let everyone know in matter of days. You can say what you want about the institution but they are professional and know lingering over the question only damages other
institutions. Big Ten expects to get their answer very soon”

college football fan@Genetics56 · 2h
Do not be surprised if Oregon's rich alumni "pay off" ND's fees. It's desperation time for Oregon and Washington. They will do what it takes and if either get left behind, it would be devastating to their AD.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 17m
Source info via text tonight "Notre Dame has been talking to alumni over the last couple of weeks and 82% of a little over 1,000 alumni are ok with them joining a conference fully."

college football fan@Genetics56 · 12m
Like I said earlier today, I've seen people talk about Utah, the Arizona schools, etc going to the Big Ten. There's no truth to that at all. Washington and Oregon are the two Pac schools with a high likelihood of getting to the Big Ten...cont

college football fan@Genetics56 · 11m
Sure Stanford has all of the academics and money and national titles in sports nobody watches, but once the Big Ten is to 18 or 19, they will go east. They want UNC.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 9m
The difference between me and Flugempire is that my source is directly inside the Big Ten while his is a person that knows a person in the Big Ten. 2nd hand vs 3rd hand. It's why I get intel he has no clue about yet...like the breakaway he based me about..and I'm right about it

college football fan@Genetics56 · 5m
I don't know what will happen between the Pac 12 and Big 12. I've always assumed they will merge together, but that is not always a given. I'm guessing, but I bet Kansas, TCU, Oklahoma State, etc, join the Pac 12. Big 12 back fills again.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 1m
Like I tweeted in April, schools are going to join in what will eventually be the breakaway at various times. 2 already in. In a couple of years or so the ACC schools should be ready for the picking and split between SEC and Big Ten. Then the breakaway happens.

Comment: since the Dude of WV and Flug have settled their dispute it seems that this Genetics guy is quickly trying to fill in as the foil to the Flug

Reaction Score
So both agree that Oregon and Washington are headed to the B1G in due time, yet this random genetics guy thinks people will jump ship from the Big 12 to join Oregon State/Washington State and Cal? No way...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It won't be difficult to determine who the top handful of targets will be when the SEC & BIG make their next moves. What will be interesting is what the schools who know they will have a shot but are ny no means locks to be added will do next.

While many will do everything they can to improve their appeal to the central powers, they also will avoid any move (such as joining a new conference and signing into something that could prohibit departure) that would make a jump to a new conference difficult.

Reaction Score
So both agree that Oregon and Washington are headed to the B1G in due time, yet this random genetics guy thinks people will jump ship from the Big 12 to join Oregon State/Washington State and Cal? No way...

I actually think that's more likely. The state schools in the west are better TV attractions than some of the Big XII schools particularly the new ones added excepting Houston. They can also then shed some of the deadweight and build a smaller conference to share the smaller pie fewer ways.

Wash St. + Ore St. + Cal + Arizona + Utah + Colorado + ASU + Ok. St + Texas Tech + Kansas + Houston + Iowa St is probably the greatest combo for TV dollars. The religious schools in the Big XII (BYU, TCU will be left behind along with the Eastern schools (UCF, Cincy, WVU). I think Cincy & WVU find a home in the ACC as the Big Ten and SEC start to pick off the UNC, UVA, Clemson & FSUs.

Reaction Score
Guess who's baaaaaaaack?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
Fwiw those aren’t the only 2 schools going B1G from out west. Just the first 2 dominoes to fall

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
Oregon and Washington most likely next 2 to go B1G. Will B1G stop at 18 though?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
“But UCLA can’t go without Cal”
Wrong.

John Riley@jriley322 · 18h
So, does the ACC still look like a possibility for WVU or, will the SEC start poaching the ACC?

MH ver3@MH ver3 ·18h
ACC has been begging ND to join the past 48 hours. WVU has been told that us KU and OKST are on standby. ACC fearing the loss of FSU and Clemson

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
B12 in a prime position to reap the rewards of the weakened PAC. Arizona schools have been talking to us for years now in fear this would happen.

Andy Olsen@Andysbbqpit · 18h
PAC met today and they all claim to be United. Guessing B10 said not to Washington and Oregon.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
Let me remind you they said the same thing after SEC poached B12

TomKat@Tomkatf14 · 11h
Replying to
@MH ver3
and
@Andysbbqpit
I’ll bite. I agree OUW are B1G sooner than later. The Arizona’s are obvious to the B12. Assume CU/UU as well. Cal is likely a “take” as well. Coogs and Beaves screwed?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Noise last night and this morning points to B1G going to 20. B12/Pac12 remnants merger back on the table.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
B1G has told Oregon and Washington they are in and want 2 more. Want to add all 4 in one final swoop. Waiting on ND to decide.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
If ND says yes then Stanford is in as well. If ND says no then it’s currently unclear what will happen.

Louis Oliverio@LouisOliverio · 2h
If ND says no I think it stays at 16.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Oregon brings Nike money and incentives. Washington adds another large tv market and school with tradition.

Replying to
@MH ver3
1. ND is not likely to happen unless there's something going on that I'm not seeing. 2. WVU in mix? 3. Does WVU even want it if SEC may take CLEM/FSU?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Depends on the money at that point. Fans would love it just because of the old rivalries. But if they lose fsu and Clemson the floodgates could open for further poaching and SEC may take more.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
B1G is making an impassioned push for ND as well-ACC commitment be damned.

I heard ballpark was 120M to 140M for ND to buy out of obligation to ACC. Steep if true

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
I have heard similar numbers as well

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
ACC desperately trying to put together a power move of their own with ND and some combination of B12/P12 remnants

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
I think when all the dust settles there will be 3 super conferences with 20+ members. UCF, Houston, BYU, and Cincy got very lucky with their B12 invites because they most likely got the last lifelines ever into power conferences.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
I can tell you that Lyons and Gee are certain WVU’s future is fine regardless of what happens and we will have a spot in one of the remaining power conferences whether there are 4 of them or 3.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
WVU has been talking with ACC, SEC, B1G, and their current conference. We will be fine.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
There very well could be a scenario where the ACC is poached by SEC and B1G and the remnants of the ACC and PAC merge with the B12 to create a “coast to coast” super conference.

Jason Berman@jasonb56 · 1h
What are your thoughts on a report this morning that WVU, Ok State and the Two Texas schools are targets for the ACC as quick acquisition?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
It’s true. I said as much yesterday only I’ve heard KU is one of the targets.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
My source just informed me that Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona State have applied for membership with the B12. Things are getting crazy!

Jay_G_Dun@doneagain73 · 1h
I doubt ANY P12 teams do anything in the near future as they’re ALL holding out hope they will get invited to the B10. Until the Notre Dame issue is settled for the Big 10, nothing else is going to happen, and ND is probably riding things out for the next 10 yrs due to ACC GOR

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
The four schools that applied for B12 were already told outright “no thanks” by B1G

Reaction Score
I actually think that's more likely. The state schools in the west are better TV attractions than some of the Big XII schools particularly the new ones added excepting Houston. They can also then shed some of the deadweight and build a smaller conference to share the smaller pie fewer ways.

Wash St. + Ore St. + Cal + Arizona + Utah + Colorado + ASU + Ok. St + Texas Tech + Kansas + Houston + Iowa St is probably the greatest combo for TV dollars. The religious schools in the Big XII (BYU, TCU will be left behind along with the Eastern schools (UCF, Cincy, WVU). I think Cincy & WVU find a home in the ACC as the Big Ten and SEC start to pick off the UNC, UVA, Clemson & FSUs.
I really have difficulty believing the B12 will fall apart so easily. Unless their contracts are incredibly weak it would seem like the PAC will end up pulling schools from lesser conferences to survive.

Reaction Score
I doubt he has sources but the ACC going on the offensive is smarter than just being passive like the Big East was.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Guess who's baaaaaaaack?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
Fwiw those aren’t the only 2 schools going B1G from out west. Just the first 2 dominoes to fall

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
Wrong.

So, does the ACC still look like a possibility for WVU or, will the SEC start poaching the ACC?

MH ver3@MH ver3 ·18h
ACC has been begging ND to join the past 48 hours. WVU has been told that us KU and OKST are on standby. ACC fearing the loss of FSU and Clemson

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
B12 in a prime position to reap the rewards of the weakened PAC. Arizona schools have been talking to us for years now in fear this would happen.

PAC met today and they all claim to be United. Guessing B10 said not to Washington and Oregon.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h

TomKat@Tomkatf14 · 11h
Replying to
@MH ver3
and
@Andysbbqpit
I’ll bite. I agree OUW are B1G sooner than later. The Arizona’s are obvious to the B12. Assume CU/UU as well. Cal is likely a “take” as well. Coogs and Beaves screwed?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Noise last night and this morning points to B1G going to 20. B12/Pac12 remnants merger back on the table.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
B1G has told Oregon and Washington they are in and want 2 more. Want to add all 4 in one final swoop. Waiting on ND to decide.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
If ND says yes then Stanford is in as well. If ND says no then it’s currently unclear what will happen.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Oregon brings Nike money and incentives. Washington adds another large tv market and school with tradition.

Replying to
@MH ver3
1. ND is not likely to happen unless there's something going on that I'm not seeing. 2. WVU in mix? 3. Does WVU even want it if SEC may take CLEM/FSU?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Depends on the money at that point. Fans would love it just because of the old rivalries. But if they lose fsu and Clemson the floodgates could open for further poaching and SEC may take more.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

I heard ballpark was 120M to 140M for ND to buy out of obligation to ACC. Steep if true

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
ACC desperately trying to put together a power move of their own with ND and some combination of B12/P12 remnants

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
I think when all the dust settles there will be 3 super conferences with 20+ members. UCF, Houston, BYU, and Cincy got very lucky with their B12 invites because they most likely got the last lifelines ever into power conferences.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
I can tell you that Lyons and Gee are certain WVU’s future is fine regardless of what happens and we will have a spot in one of the remaining power conferences whether there are 4 of them or 3.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
WVU has been talking with ACC, SEC, B1G, and their current conference. We will be fine.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
There very well could be a scenario where the ACC is poached by SEC and B1G and the remnants of the ACC and PAC merge with the B12 to create a “coast to coast” super conference.

What are your thoughts on a report this morning that WVU, Ok State and the Two Texas schools are targets for the ACC as quick acquisition?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
My source just informed me that Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona State have applied for membership with the B12. Things are getting crazy!

I doubt ANY P12 teams do anything in the near future as they’re ALL holding out hope they will get invited to the B10. Until the Notre Dame issue is settled for the Big 10, nothing else is going to happen, and ND is probably riding things out for the next 10 yrs due to ACC GOR

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
The four schools that applied for B12 were already told outright “no thanks” by B1G
It’s great that the WV guys always believe in their school being saved. A third power conference you say?

Reaction Score
Guess who's baaaaaaaack?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h
Wrong.

MH ver3@MH ver3 ·18h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 18h

TomKat@Tomkatf14 · 11h
Replying to
@MH ver3
and
@Andysbbqpit

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

Replying to
@MH ver3

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
This guy is smoking crack if he thinks WVU is fine in all of this. WVU will be in similar position as other leftovers after B1G and SEC are done.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom