Non-Key Tweets | Page 777 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score

college football fan@Genetics56 · 16m
In April of 2022 the intel came that we would eventually see a breakaway of schools, new division. I predict the Big Ten goes to 24 in time and members will be (in no order): Notre Dame, Stanford, Oregon, UNC, Virginia, Miami, Georgia Tech, Washington

college football fan@Genetics56 · 14m
I have no confidence in my Washington pick though. I should get most of these right. UNC could easily go to the SEC. The rest should end up in the Big Ten.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 13m
I see the SEC getting Florida State, NC State, Clemson, and Virginia Tech

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Stanford has not applied to the B12 but has reached out to gauge interest. Also learning that Stanford has told B10 they will join for a drastically reduced cut of the tv money.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Stanford has basically said to B10: pay us our actual value vs what the bloated equal share of the big pie would be. Might Washington and Oregon be making the same offer?

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Hearing ND is leaning toward joining B10. Losing Kelly to LSU may be the straw that finally broke their back.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
We shall see where this goes. Would be huge for Stanford.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 4h
Once Notre Dame makes their choice public it will be a lot of fun to see what the process ends up being - is there a pair with ND the same day or does that come later? What happens to the other Pac 12 schools? Do they sit there for a couple of years or go to Big Ten right away?

college football fan@Genetics56 · 3h
Most people would assume Oregon would have a higher dollar value... "Oregon’s media-rights value at $30 million and Stanford’s at $45 million"

college football fan@Genetics56 · 1h
#17 Notre Dame, #18 Stanford...then east. That isn't sourced info, just what I feel is going to happen based on everything I knew going into the weekend/Sat. Miami and UNC are bigger prizes than Oregon and Washington...it's just reality sadly.

Reaction Score
Well we know this genetics has no real sources now. Stanford is worth a fraction of Oregon in media rights.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Well we know this genetics has no real sources now. Stanford is worth a fraction of Oregon in media rights.

While I completely agree with you about any of them having any sources, if ND wants Stanford in the Big10, Stanford will be in the Big10.

Reaction Score
While I completely agree with you about any of them having any sources, if ND wants Stanford in the Big10, Stanford will be in the Big10.
I don't disagree but that has nothing to do with the value of Stanford vs Oregon to TV.

Reaction Score
Stanford is the only way Notre Dame comes in that yearly game, and Navy are a must.

Reaction Score
If this occurred, this would be another kick in the nuts to UConn.
The only thing I think more current ACC schools would try to bail to B10 or SEC, so there may be more room if there was combined ACC B12.

Reaction Score
Source: "It will be an interesting week."

Source: "Fox has a goal to get the Big Ten to up to 28 schools. The reason being, FOX wants the Big Ten to become the supreme conference, taking over the landscape of college football. FOX is pouring in hundreds of millions of dollars a year to accomplish this."

Source: "Miami is not currently communicating with the Big Ten. That may change in the near future."

Doug Scott@DouglasTS · 1h
Replying to @Genetics56
In other words: ESPN is not interested in paying 3 times as much money for something they already control completely

correct.

TempoNick@tempo_nick · 1h
Miami's overtures got rejected?

No. There's simply no conversation right now.

Source: "The information from Canzano is incorrect. Oregon would be a financial net-positive for the Big Ten."

Source: "At 18 schools the preferred model would be 1-8 and at 20 schools the preferred model would be 1-9."

If you correctly interpret this intel, the Big Ten will eventually only play conference games as they add more and more schools. Notre Dame would be forced into this.

What many need to understand when it comes to SEC expansion, they already have the state of Texas and Florida. Adding Miami or FSU does little. They would need to expand into Virginia and North Carolina to see a lot of growth in $$$. Big Ten/FOX, a lot of new market opps availbl.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 38m
@expert_cfb
you need to include Washington. They are into the Big Ten based on the intel I was given tonight. Everything I shared tonight is the very latest, up to the second info, nothing that is days/weeks old.

Reaction Score
Source: "At 18 schools the preferred model would be 1-8 and at 20 schools the preferred model would be 1-9."

Would this represent the in conference records for the bottom tier teams in the B1G? Some teams will need to get used to losing, not everyone is going 9-1.

Reaction Score
Would this represent the in conference records for the bottom tier teams in the B1G? Some teams will need to get used to losing, not everyone is going 9-1.
This would probably drive Big Ten support for playoff expansion out to 8-12-16, as many of the "old-money" schools would be left ineligible for whatever rump-bowl system remained.

Reaction Score
It's going to be a wild week. A lot of schools have emergency board meetings.

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 47m
Excerpts @Minnesota247

“…there is one ACC school, per BTM, who has made some serious internal inquiries on creating process to negotiate buyout with Athletic Coast Conference using yearly installments spread out over ____ amount of years. The school is University of Miami.” 1/4

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 46m
“The payout would be in hundreds of millions. How much could Miami Fl negotiate the price downward? What leverage would Miami Fl use to negotiate price downward? We don’t know.
Why is Miami Fl the ACC school who is perceived to be taking the lead on this costly endeavor?” 2/4

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 45m
“…number on the total payout would be enormous. Much greater number than Notre Dame’s cost to get out of their ACC GOR which is tied to only the ACC Network payouts and not to entire yearly ACC Conference payouts” 3/4

Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 43m
“It may turn out this story grows no legs because Miami Fl decides not to proceed…but there was enough here at this time to go forward with heads up.

Where did the story originate?

You guessed it correctly. Once again boosters talk to boosters.” 4/4

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
Morning tidbits: Fox is done with Pac12 as an entity and has no plans to even bid on a new tv contract. Boise State is making a lot of noise wanting B12 to reopen their application. CBS and NBC expected to be huge players for the next B12 contract in addition to ESPN and Fox

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
ACC source telling me this morning that the school they work for has exhaustively ran the numbers and when compared to the windfall of SEC or B1G tv money the financial risk is outweighed by the future reward. And that’s before a likely settlement to reduce the impact.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
The plan to fight the GOR in court is to claim it was signed under duress and that the contract is unconscionable

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 1h
They feel a strong enough case can be made to net a much reduced penalty for breaking the contract.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 47m
Also learning there is a possible scenario where Oregon gets a B10 invite and Washington does not. And it could be why no announcement on either has happened yet.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 46m
There is a possibility that B1G lands ND without the Stanford carrot and could possibly only add ND and Oregon and stop at 18 for now.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 45m
That scenario was floated by Fox. The desire of B10 is to bring both Washington and Oregon into the fold but Fox is balking at overpaying for both west coast schools considering the actual value they bring.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom