Non-Key Tweets | Page 771 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I have been enjoying ACC smSoccerall sports...the FSU girls run to the Soccer National Campionship,,,the Women's Volleyball Regionals (now at Elite Eight stage), ans some women's basketball....

WVU could add in basketball, soccer, but it is all about football.

Reaction Score
WVU was the best football program in the Big East when it broke up. If it improves the ACC and hurts the Big 12, it makes sense to do it. And Cincy replaces WVU as the island. Otherwise the ACC remains far behind the P2.
The Big 12 is a dead man walking. How much more hurt can the ACC do that’ll make any difference?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Isn't Miami's two decades of suck one reason for the "disappointing contract"? That's chutzpah.

Reaction Score
I have been enjoying ACC smSoccerall sports...the FSU girls run to the Soccer National Campionship,,,the Women's Volleyball Regionals (now at Elite Eight stage), ans some women's basketball....

WVU could add in basketball, soccer, but it is all about football.
If the ACC wanted to add a school for basketball, soccer, baseball it would be Uconn not WVU. But that's not gonna happen. The next thing that will happen is that a football only conference will form with all the big boys. The other sports will remain in their regional conferences. Sort of like Hockey East.

Reaction Score
Isn't Miami's two decades of suck one reason for the "disappointing contract"? That's chutzpah.

Mayhe sucky for Miami...but they won 10 games in 2017 and have had four other seasons in the last ten that were 8 wins or better.

Reaction Score
Mayhe sucky for Miami...but they won 10 games in 2017 and have had four other seasons in the last ten that were 8 wins or better.
also 10 of the last 16 with 7 or fewer wins. Not quite Ivy League now is it. Looks like University of Illinois!

If the ACC wanted to add a school for basketball, soccer, baseball it would be Uconn not WVU. But that's not gonna happen. The next thing that will happen is that a football only conference will form with all the big boys. The other sports will remain in their regional conferences. Sort of like Hockey East.
It would be great if that were the next thing to happen. If only the power mongers cared about the student athletes and the fans.

Reaction Score
If Miami left the conference (not going to happen, but we're playing what ifs), their only option is the Big 12. I think the ACC would take Cincinnati over WVU every day of the week. But would they even go?

Reaction Score
I think the ACC would take Cincinnati over WVU every day of the week. But would they even go?

Yes they would. They'd much rather associate their basketball program with the ACC schools & Notre Dame and the money in the ACC will be better than the remodeled Big XII

Reaction Score
Yes they would. They'd much rather associate their basketball program with the ACC schools & Notre Dame and the money in the ACC will be better than the remodeled Big XII
I'm not sure either of those statements are true. I do think culturally they fit better in the ACC. But the basketball is better in the Big 12, and financially it'll likely be close to a wash (assuming the ACC didn't get a renegotiation.)

Reaction Score
If Miami left the conference (not going to happen, but we're playing what ifs), their only option is the Big 12. I think the ACC would take Cincinnati over WVU every day of the week. But would they even go?
You think so? WVU was a much bigger football name, state flagship. ACC already has Louisville which hasn't turned out great. I think Cincy would go to just because of location but it would eventually get sucked down the black hole like all the other additions.

Reaction Score
You think so? WVU was a much bigger football name, state flagship. ACC already has Louisville which hasn't turned out great. I think Cincy would go to just because of location but it would eventually get sucked down the black hole like all the other additions.
WVU is one of the smallest growing states, with a poorer than average populace and no major markets. The closest thing they have to a decent market is Pittsburgh which is already clearly in the fold with Pitt. The entire state of WVA has a smaller population than metro Cincinnati. Their academics are also worse (if that actually matters.) Plus Cincy helps connect the pieces of the ACC between Pittsburgh, Notre Dame and Louisville. Plus there's no close major airport which makes travel crappy and believe it or not, that's a factor.

Reaction Score
WVU is one of the smallest growing states, with a poorer than average populace and no major markets. The closest thing they have to a decent market is Pittsburgh which is already clearly in the fold with Pitt. The entire state of WVA has a smaller population than metro Cincinnati. Their academics are also worse (if that actually matters.) Plus Cincy helps connect the pieces of the ACC between Pittsburgh, Notre Dame and Louisville. Plus there's no close major airport which makes travel crappy and believe it or not, that's a factor.
WVU is still a better football program, which is what the ACC needs. What exactly does Boise have going for it, and yet that football program does well every year. I'd take Pitt vs WVU over Cincy vs L-ville. Besides, everyone knows Ohio is the buckeye state.

Reaction Score
WVU is still a better football program, which is what the ACC needs. What exactly does Boise have going for it, and yet that football program does well every year. I'd take Pitt vs WVU over Cincy vs L-ville. Besides, everyone knows Ohio is the buckeye state.
Strange timing calling WVU a better football program when Cincinnati is in the playoff and 152-61 since 2006 including 4 Big East championships and 3 AAC championships. WVU has 3 Big East championships and 0 Big 12 championships during that time with a 131-70 record during that time. They had a great run under RickRod but not much before or after.

Reaction Score
Strange timing calling WVU a better football program when Cincinnati is in the playoff and 152-61 since 2006 including 4 Big East championships and 3 AAC championships. WVU has 3 Big East championships and 0 Big 12 championships during that time with a 131-70 record during that time. They had a great run under RickRod but not much before or after.
You are equating the AAC with the Big 12 now. Cincinnati must be better than Texas too I suppose. I guess you are right if you exclude the '90s.

And to think the ACC took every program from Miami to BCU before considering the mighty cincy.

Reaction Score
You are equating the AAC with the Big 12 now. Cincinnati must be better than Texas too I suppose. I guess you are right if you exclude the '90s.

And to think the ACC took every program from Miami to BCU before considering the mighty cincy.
I just don't think if you ask 50 people on the street who has a better football program today, that more than a handful of people would say WVU is the better football program. You speak of the 90s, WVU went 65-49 in the 90s. Not exactly world beaters (Cincy was abysmal in the 90s to be fair.)

Reaction Score
But,,,WVU has 19 National Championships in Rifle...LOL

Of course, if it isn't football or basketball, it doesn't count.

Reaction Score
For instance...we all know that Clemson football is down some this year having won only 9 games...I'll bet few on the board knew that they won the NC in Men's Soccer.

Few really care or follow other than their team in...soccer, field hockey, volleyball, etc.

Cincinnati is in the CCP Four and everyone knows about Cincinnati...if they were in the Final Four of the CWS, some might know, final four of Women's Volleyball...few would know.

Reaction Score
I just don't think if you ask 50 people on the street who has a better football program today, that more than a handful of people would say WVU is the better football program. You speak of the 90s, WVU went 65-49 in the 90s. Not exactly world beaters (Cincy was abysmal in the 90s to be fair.)
I would agree. Wvu football program has really sunk back into mediocrity, and likely may be hunting for a new coach sooner rather than later. Ad extended Brown's contract which looks like a very bad move, but Brown has shown little to think he can make a turnaround.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom