Non-Key Tweets | Page 394 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The PAC should just sit back and wait of the inevitable B12 collapse and try to pick up the best of the best. Texas, OU, and KU have value. The rest of the conference really doesn't bring much of anything to a conference network. The PAC could just add one of those schools and supplement it with BYU in order not to have OSU/TT/KSU shoved down its throat.

pj

Reaction Score
The Pac has to negotiate in advance, it can't compete with SEC or B1G for the best schools. If it can tie the B12 up in a partnership it has a better chance.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The PAC should just sit back and wait of the inevitable B12 collapse and try to pick up the best of the best. Texas, OU, and KU have value. The rest of the conference really doesn't bring much of anything to a conference network. The PAC could just add one of those schools and supplement it with BYU in order not to have OSU/TT/KSU shoved down its throat.

My fear is the B1G is doing the same thing as well as waiting for a select few ACC teams to grow weary of the money gap.

Reaction Score
The Pac has to negotiate in advance, it can't compete with SEC or B1G for the best schools. If it can tie the B12 up in a partnership it has a better chance.
They can easily compete with the SEC or Big 10 for the southern plains states. Oklahoma, my guess, is either going to the SEC or Pac 12. I am surprised New Mexico has no value to the Pac 12.

With the Pac 12/Big 10 alliance, we'd want Oklahoma to go to UT/OU/TT/OSU going to the Pac-12, KU, UConn, UVA and UNC to the Big 10. Leave NC State/Duke and VT for the SEC.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My fear is the B1G is doing the same thing as well as waiting for a select few ACC teams to grow weary of the money gap.

That could be. That's why it is so important for both the B12 and ACC to launch their own conference network first, before the other one. Financially and probably logistically speaking, there is only room for one more conference network. The loser of this race will lose its seat at the P5 table and their upper echelon schools will be poached by the bigger conferences. There are more schools in the ACC that have P4 value than in the B12. So that is why I would think it would be wise for all of those small potato schools in the B12 to band together, force expansion, and launch a network ASAP. That means adding the top brands and markets, no matter the distance/geography.

Reaction Score
They can easily compete with the SEC or Big 10 for the southern plains states. Oklahoma, my guess, is either going to the SEC or Pac 12. I am surprised New Mexico has no value to the Pac 12.

With the Pac 12/Big 10 alliance, we'd want Oklahoma to go to UT/OU/TT/OSU going to the Pac-12, KU, UConn, UVA and UNC to the Big 10. Leave NC State/Duke and VT for the SEC.
If Nevada and New Mexico had stronger programs and were more academically rigorous, they'd both make perfect sense with UT and OU. You'd have the whole coast, and then a foothold in the whole SW, and up into Denver too. It would make a lot of sense.

pj

Reaction Score
If Nevada and New Mexico had stronger programs and were more academically rigorous, they'd both make perfect sense with UT and OU. You'd have the whole coast, and then a foothold in the whole SW, and up into Denver too. It would make a lot of sense.

New Mexico is West Virginia but much weaker athletically. Nevada is another small state with limited growth potential due to serious water issues, not to mention negatives around gambling and poor academics, plus historically weak athletics. Honestly, Iowa State would be a more attractive add than any schools in Nevada or New Mexico.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
That could be. That's why it is so important for both the B12 and ACC to launch their own conference network first, before the other one. Financially and probably logistically speaking, there is only room for one more conference network. The loser of this race will lose its seat at the P5 table and their upper echelon schools will be poached by the bigger conferences. There are more schools in the ACC that have P4 value than in the B12. So that is why I would think it would be wise for all of those small potato schools in the B12 to band together, force expansion, and launch a network ASAP. That means adding the top brands and markets, no matter the distance/geography.

Why we are talking wise about the NCAA and it member schools aside, the wise thing would be for the big publics in both the ACC and B12 to form their own conference.

Uva/VT/UNC/NCST/Clem/FSU
TX/OU/OKST/KU/KSU/IAST

Pick two from the Texas schools and/or Duke, WVA, and Lville to get to 14 or 16. The other fools can form the American Too Conference.

Reaction Score
New Mexico is West Virginia but much weaker athletically. Nevada is another small state with limited growth potential due to serious water issues, not to mention negatives around gambling and poor academics, plus historically weak athletics. Honestly, Iowa State would be a more attractive add than any schools in Nevada or New Mexico.
Well, my point is that in an ideal world both could be easy additions that would help bridge into OU and Texas. That's not the case, though, for the reasons I--and you--pointed out. Neither has the athletic program nor the academic quality to join up.

Reaction Score
Why we are talking wise about the NCAA and it member schools aside, the wise thing would be for the big publics in both the ACC and B12 to form their own conference.

Uva/VT/UNC/NCST/Clem/FSU
TX/OU/OKST/KU/KSU/IAST

Pick two from the Texas schools and/or Duke, WVA, and Lville to get to 14 or 16. The other fools can form the American Too Conference.

While I value objectivity, I think we need a little more homer-ism in these imaginary conferences so that UConn gets in at least before Louisville and Duke.

Reaction Score
Big 12 and Pac-12 discussing merger? This site doesn't have the type of emoticons necessary to express how much I'm laughing over that 'rumor.'

Nevermind how the "dude" has told us how great footing the Big 12 has all this time, now he's telling us they're willing to discuss merger? Brilliant.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Big 12 and Pac-12 discussing merger? This site doesn't have the type of emoticons necessary to express how much I'm laughing over that 'rumor.'

Nevermind how the "dude" has told us how great footing the Big 12 has all this time, now he's telling us they're willing to discuss merger? Brilliant.
Yeah, this place has gone off the hook during the snowy weekend.

Reaction Score
Yeah, this place has gone off the hook during the snowy weekend.

I think you mean that somewhere in West Virginia, in a basement with no windows, is a man who has gone off the hook. I hope no one here believes this stuff. I just think it's funny.

Reaction Score
The dood said "put that in your pipe and smoke it". You guys inhaled deeply, man!!! What have we become?!? I can't take the pain anymore!

Reaction Score
Why are WV fans so invested?

Because they get left out with Iowa St., Kansas St. and others in any shakeup.

Reaction Score
morpheus-tells-the-truth-matrix-quote-atheism-gnu-new-funny-lol-positive-strong-agnosticism-theism-atheist-religion.jpg

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire · 1h1 hour ago
http://collegesports.blog.statesman.com/2016/01/26/bob-bowlsby-big-12-has-no-imperative-to-expand/

Big 12 Civil War.
Any more doubts?
No...there isn't...and if you've been following us for last 6 months you know

http://collegesports.blog.statesman.com/2016/01/26/bob-bowlsby-big-12-has-no-imperative-to-expand/

Dinner with BTM on Jan 30th.
Your decision...but you might want to check in.
Big 12 Civil War

Asked whether Oklahoma or West Virginia could ever leave the Big 12, Bowlsby said, “There are always those possibilities"
Big 12 Civil War

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda · 4h4 hours ago
People saying ACC GOR invalid without ACC Network. No idea if true. My guy in Tx Ath Dept says B12 never stopped talking about ACC schools.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, where is West Virginia going to end up if they do leave the B-12?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

Big 12 Civil War.
Any more doubts?
No...there isn't...and if you've been following us for last 6 months you know

Dinner with BTM on Jan 30th.
Your decision...but you might want to check in.
Big 12 Civil War

Asked whether Oklahoma or West Virginia could ever leave the Big 12, Bowlsby said, “There are always those possibilities"
Big 12 Civil War
How come I never have dinner with anyone other than family members? None of them seem to know anything about conference realignment, or are keeping it to themselves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom