Non-Key Tweets | Page 393 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I think the theory was that they should have added wvu, louisville and cincy.

Yes. I should have been more clear. The Big 12 could have done something radical like actually have 12 schools in its conference.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If they had moved a few months earlier they might have added WVU, Louisville, and Pitt.
Yes. There were rumors about Pitt to the B12 prior to conference armageddon. Maybe they said no because they knew an ACC move was coming ahead of time. Pitt also led the way in the Big East turning down ESPN's (in retrospect) generous offer.

Reaction Score
Burnt Orange Nation ‏@BON_SBNation 22h22 hours ago

Burnt Orange Nation Retweeted TheUConnBlog

UConn could really improve Big 12 hockey https://twitter.com/theuconnblog/status/690709517378678784…

Burnt Orange Nation added,

TheUConnBlog @TheUConnBlog
The puck has dropped and we are under way at XL! #icebus

2 retweets 13 likes

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The B12 is going to play hockey?? Well if they're interested in hockey, we would absolutely help with that. 6400 and good atmosphere for an 8:30 puck drop last night against Vermont. And I heard the game was televised in New York.

Reaction Score
The B12 is going to play hockey?? Well if they're interested in hockey, we would absolutely help with that. 6400 and good atmosphere for an 8:30 puck drop last night against Vermont. And I heard the game was televised in New York.
It was on SNY in the NY tv market.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV
Are the Big 12 and PAC 12 having informal merger talks? Discuss without me. But it's a damn fine hint there.
I can't fathom that one, but it would definitely throw everything in flux. I would imagine that they'd try to even things off at 24. If this happened I am guessing that the ACC would crap their pants.

pj

Reaction Score
B12 needs a network and can't do it on its own; Pac12's network hasn't been super profitable, because of its isolation from 3/4 of the country. I suggested B12-ACC join to form a 2-conference network, but maybe B12-Pac is the way to do that. It gets the Pac network three time zone coverage, which gives it a chance at an East Coast audience.

Moreover, if B12 added UConn and Cincy, and there was some sort of scheduling alliance with Pac12, then they would have effectively nationwide exposure and significant penetration in the northeast.

Reaction Score
Why do that and have some super championship game and really limit your odds for the playoff, unless you think they will expand to 8 teams

Yes, I could see 24, which would put teams like BYU and even New Mexico into more prominence

4 6 team divisions, so 5 games against your conference and then 4 other rotating games

I can't fathom that one, but it would definitely throw everything in flux. I would imagine that they'd try to even things off at 24. If this happened I am guessing that the ACC would crap their pants.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
A B12/PAC merge makes so much sense that it will never happen. The PAC desperately could use brands as strong as Texas and OU to help their network ratings. They also need to get exposure into more time zones. If that were to happen, then this mega-conference would have a very serious WVU problem. They are on an island and offer nothing to a PAC Network in that nobody west of WV gives a rats putoot about Mountaineer sports. Would this mega-conference be forced to add a few eastern schools in big markets (cough cough) to help push the PACN across all time zones? Or would they look to somehow kick WVU out? Maybe ESPN could offer them a soft landing spot in the ACC with another big market school (cough cough) to get to 16?

Who knows? But it's an idea that probably makes too much sense to work.

pj

Reaction Score
Why do that and have some super championship game and really limit your odds for the playoff, unless you think they will expand to 8 teams

Yes, I could see 24, which would put teams like BYU and even New Mexico into more prominence

4 6 team divisions, so 5 games against your conference and then 4 other rotating games

Merging conferences makes no sense, but merging conference networks makes a ton of sense. A network needs a critical mass of content and of markets. B12, Pac, and ACC don't have enough on their own. Any two of those three would. Pac owns its network so it has a lot of flexibility to do a deal.

Reaction Score
The Dood is ridiculous. Clearly he'd be privy to this info before anyone else. Here's the merger that the PAC would be interested in: UT, TT, OU, and OSU. Everybody else best of luck to ya.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
The Dood is ridiculous. Clearly he'd be privy to this info before anyone else. Here's the merger that the PAC would be interested in: UT, TT, OU, and OSU. Everybody else best of luck to ya.

This. Everything else loses money and gains no exposure (except trading Kansas with OSU).

Reaction Score
Merge? How would a 22-team conference work? I can't imagine Larry Scott is itching to split his TV profits with Iowa State and Kansas State.

Reaction Score
Merge? How would a 22-team conference work? I can't imagine Larry Scott is itching to split his TV profits with Iowa State and Kansas State.
It wouldn't work and that's why this conversation is extremely hypothetical. However it is realistic that the PAC poaches 2-4 teams from the big 12 and might even offer Texas a deal where they keep extra revenue for the first 5 years or so. This could help UConn if it spurs further realignment. Kansas would probably not be taken by the PAC because I think the PAC would take some combination of schools in Texas and Oklahoma. That would create a partner for UConn to the big 10.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
I think you are all forgetting the most important tweet from the car wash

My normal WF guy was chatting me up over the weekend. He says he's hearing the Big 12 rumors, but his sources say we will have Bigger news soon. I am not sure what that meant, but he says your Huskies will be smiling Big from coast to coast, ear to ear. He then said, later pal, until next time.. Next time I see ya, I bet you have news for me.. Range Rover out...

Reaction Score
I think you are all forgetting the most important tweet from the car wash

My normal WF guy was chatting me up over the weekend. He says he's hearing the Big 12 rumors, but his sources say we will have Bigger news soon. I am not sure what that meant, but he says your Huskies will be smiling Big from coast to coast, ear to ear. He then said, later pal, until next time.. Next time I see ya, I bet you have news for me.. Range Rover out...

We join the B12 and shortly thereafter the B12 merges with the PAC12 and our league is coast to coast.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Or like Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds still calling themselves Hamilton, Joe Frank and Reynolds even after Reynolds quit the band.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We join the B12 and shortly thereafter the B12 merges with the PAC12 and our league is coast to coast.

Dear God I hope not. Not that I think there is anything to this, but I hate west coast night games. I really don't ever want to be in a situation where I can't watch a UConn conference game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom