Non-Key Tweets | Page 391 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
& Memphis State feels more like a home for wayward boys. If Memphis is in a dead heat with UConn then I'm moving to North Korea.
His last phrase: "Don't see the eyeballs." Someone should refer him to SNY. That service tried for A DECADE or so to penetrate any part of the CT. cable market not in or abutting Fairfield County with little success. Then the aha moment: sign a contract to carry UCONN Sports a few weeks before basketball season & SNY gets 100% penetration within a month.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
His last phrase: "Don't see the eyeballs." Someone should refer him to SNY. That service tried for A DECADE or so to penetrate any part of the CT. cable market not in or abutting Fairfield County with little success. Then the aha moment: sign a contract to carry UCONN Sports a few weeks before basketball season & SNY gets 100% penetration within a month.

Hell the women's contract with PBS was more than Memphis could manage for its men's team, I have no doubt. They are an also-ran in their own town.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't think UCONN fans will forget anytime soon how ACC took BCU's side and blocked UCONN and took schools like Pitt over us. Last round of the realignment when ACC took Louisville community college over UCONN was the biggest slap in the face. Had ACC left UL alone and let B12 have them, UCONN would be in the ACC and everyone would be much happier today.

Let's face it, ACC went out of its way to screw UCONN and knowledgeable UCONN fans won't forget that anytime soon if ever.
I have to say that that fact is one of the things I think would be great about being in the ACC. I hate every one of those bastards. BCU? forget about it, there annual ass kickings would be an absolute blast. 'cuse? I'd love kicking those corrupt jackasses butts. Duke? c'mon, though I've mellowed toward them over the years, poking a hole in the hype every year? Who wouldn't love that? The list goes on and on..

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · Jan 19
@bstrouse still looking like Memphis is still the frontrunner.UH a no.byu won't play sundays.Uconn too far.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 3h3 hours ago
Apologies Uconn fans. It appears that you have WVU and KU trying to push you to the top of expansion candidates. That came out of nowhere.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 3h3 hours ago
Looks like a dead heat between Uconn and Memphis for the 2nd spot(provided BYU doesn't cave on Sundays) and Cincy is all but in.

Reaction Score
Gotta love it, he's the only one that has Memphis as even a remote possibility. Also, if they were on the list wouldn't it because of their proximity to WVU as compared to us? If WVU is pushing for us over them it makes no sense.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Thought the same thing about Bronco at BYU. Mendenhall stuck that job out for 11 seasons. For him to bail now - to UVA of all spots - think it's a pretty clear sign they aren't going anywhere.
Also note that Bronco and TCU AD Chris Del Conte were college roommates and still friends to this day. So, you could imagine that Bronco knew BYUs chances were slim at the end.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Reading between the lines, Memphis losing Fuente indicates to me that they are not close to a P-5 bid.
To be fair, Memphis could hire Nick Saban tomorrow and they still wouldn't have much of a chance at a P-5 bid.

Reaction Score
Thought the same thing about Bronco at BYU. Mendenhall stuck that job out for 11 seasons. For him to bail now - to UVA of all spots - think it's a pretty clear sign they aren't going anywhere.
The intriguing question is why are they not going anywhere.
They're are an obvious pick
They have pretty decent football pedigree.
They bring a bunch of fans both Live and broadcast.
Is it the religious hang ups like no Sunday games?
Or is it the evangelical element within the B12 viewing them as a cult.
Or is Provo more accessible to the PAC.
I would love to have access to the B12 discussions on them almost as much as on the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Yes, I don't think the PAC12, B1G or ACC are calling emergency meetings because there are rumors the B12 may expand and their top targets are Cincy, BYU and UConn.

Feb 4th can't get here too quickly.

I feel like UConn to the Big 12 is the safest bet and biggest risk somehow.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are making a mistake dismissing Memphis.
I agree because of the proximity of West Virginia. If geography was the only consideration they along with cincinatti would be locks.

I think they won't add anyone until at least 2020, or possibly later, in the end.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree because of the proximity of West Virginia. If geography was the only consideration they along with cincinatti would be locks.

I think they won't add anyone until at least 2020, or possibly later, in the end.

To me it's simple. More SEC football players come out of greater Memphis than anywhere else.

College sports from top to bottom is an academic farce. Academics matter when some leader wants to pretend they matter.

Reaction Score
To me it's simple. More SEC football players come out of greater Memphis than anywhere else.

College sports from top to bottom is an academic farce. Academics matter when some leader wants to pretend they matter.
Memphis is definitely a less "polarizing" selection than UConn for the B12. Better geographic fit, decent hoops, football has been respectable recently (and it is all about recency with some of these mental midgets) good recruiting area, and Mr Fed Ex could throw some money around to make it even more compelling. If it is not initially about a B12 Network, it would very easily be UC and Memphis...

UConn only adds value to the B12 if a Network is part of the short term equation. If they do expand (still a long shot) and they do select UConn still a VERY long shot, it means a Network deal is in the works. If they do expand and do not select UConn it means they are not worried about a Network at this time (they'd use the same thinking we've heard out of the ACC and B1G... UConn will be there if/when we need them.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

Rule #1

Reaction Score

Is that a true statement? With Florida/Gainesville/Jacksonville, I find that statement hard to believe.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is that a true statement? With Florida/Gainesville/Jacksonville, I find that statement hard to believe.

I've read it somewhere. Not sure how they defined the area or where I read it.

Reaction Score
I took a quick peek at rivals database for Memphis prospects going back a few years. 2013 looks like a banner year with 12 P5 recruits. Outstanding, but at least 4 were Vandy commits. 2014 1 SEC commit, plus commits to UNC, Louisville, and Northwestern. 2015 4 SEC commits, 2016 0 Sec commits so far with 1 committed to ND AND 1 to Oregon.

Wonder if that's an urban legend being pedaled by Memphis U supporters. My look was rushed, but I wasn't blown away by what I saw.

Reaction Score
Probably in the state of Tennessee (that is how I interpreted your comment at least).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Probably in the state of Tennessee (that is how I interpreted your comment at least).

Well as a state Georgia leads by a lot.

Might not be true or it might be defined in a silly way - but I still wouldn't write of Memphis.

I seem to remember Louisville being written off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom