Non-Key Tweets | Page 390 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
SportsPolitico™ ‏@sportspolitico 9h9 hours ago
Is There a Feud Between the ACC and the Big Ten? http://sportspolitico.com/2016/01/20/is-there-a-feud-between-the-acc-and-the-big-ten/

"So whether the CCG vote has to do with conference realignment, or not having any friends, the ACC’s decision to propose an amendment to ban satellite camps (which is a direct shot at the B1G) certainly doesn’t dispel the notion that there is a feud between the two conferences."

Sure looks that way. When the P5 was formed yoyu knew there would be issues between members of the club. I didn't imagine they would manifest publicly so quickly.

Reaction Score
I am a Tech grad... live in Dallas, and lets just say, have a very interesting next door neighbor.

Here is the deal, though: this is an OU / Texas power play. I think the Big 12 will expand... and it was always with BYU and Cincy. But UConn has made a push, especially w/ Boren rattling on about the network.

Does your friend work at at car wash?

Reaction Score
There is already a rule about hosting camps out of state. Harbough has gotten around the rule by "guest coaching" at others' camps.

"NCAA rules state coaches are only permitted to host football camps within a 50-mile radius of campus and within the school's state. However, Michigan's Jim Harbaugh is among the coaches circumventing these rules by serving as guest coaches at camps officially hosted by other schools."

One significant change regarding satellite camps recently came when the NCAA Interpretations Committee notified schools they could no longer promote their attendance at other camps online, via social media and in recruiting correspondence.

Reaction Score
It is hard to believe the traditional P5 members do not harbor some hard feeling against the ACC.

Conference realignment was started by the ACC. I am sure it was not lost on the Big10, SEC, or Pac1o that the ACC literally destroyed the Big East and assumed its position. For traditionalists in the Big10 it must be difficult to accept what they have had to become to survive. The Big10, SEC and PAC10 all had to react to protect their equities but it is the ACC that fired the first shot that started the war.

The irony is the ACC started the conference realignment war and they are the most likely candidate to be crushed by it. No team has suffered more than UCONN at the hands of the ACC and I would love to see them reap what they sowed. It all comes back around....

Reaction Score
If the B12 wants a network, it has to invite us. If they decide to invite Houston, it just means Texas won and rest of the B12 are toast. Without a B12 network and Texas doing its own things, there won't be stability now or in the future.
ESPN needs to now repent and tell Big 12, no UConn=no network.

Reaction Score
Okay - not only Non-Key but Non-Smart (made me lmao).

In a sense, a microcosm of non-northeast fan view to be overcome:

4:25pm, Jan 20 from Twitter Web Client
flasportsbuzz 5-star Miami High junior Zach Brown, best center to come out of Miami in while, committed to UConn, guardian Michael Lipman said.UM was in mix

4:41pm, Jan 20 from Twitter for iPhone
bobbyd121 @flasportsbuzz UConn?? UConn!! Really?? Why would any 5 star commit to UConn? Not interested in playing pro football?

Reaction Score
It is hard to believe the traditional P5 members do not harbor some hard feeling against the ACC.

Conference realignment was started by the ACC. I am sure it was not lost on the Big10, SEC, or Pac1o that the ACC literally destroyed the Big East and assumed its position. For traditionalists in the Big10 it must be difficult to accept what they have had to become to survive. The Big10, SEC and PAC10 all had to react to protect their equities but it is the ACC that fired the first shot that started the war.

The irony is the ACC started the conference realignment war and they are the most likely candidate to be crushed by it. No team has suffered more than UCONN at the hands of the ACC and I would love to see them reap what they sowed. It all comes back around....
Can you imagine if the ACC dies and that piece of crap school up in the Arctic tundra can't get picked up by anyone?

And then they have to open a stupid realignment board where they have to post endless streams of tweets from jackass fake insiders like @thatguyfromFL and @flubdynasty and endlessly justify their $hitty football program and try to promote their basketball when everyone keeps telling them no one cares about basketball

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Okay - not only Non-Key but Non-Smart (made me lmao).

In a sense, a microcosm of non-northeast fan view to be overcome:

4:25pm, Jan 20 from Twitter Web Client
flasportsbuzz 5-star Miami High junior Zach Brown, best center to come out of Miami in while, committed to UConn, guardian Michael Lipman said.UM was in mix

4:41pm, Jan 20 from Twitter for iPhone
bobbyd121 @flasportsbuzz UConn?? UConn!! Really?? Why would any 5 star commit to UConn? Not interested in playing pro football?

Somebody needs to tweet this clown the list with NFL draft picks over the last 10 years AFTER they tell this idiot it was a BB commit.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Somebody needs to tweet this clown the list with NFL draft picks over the last 10 years AFTER they tell this idiot it was a BB commit.
Someone did the latter. Can someone drop knowledge on this guy re our nfl players...do it nicely though please... I'm tired.. Lol

Reaction Score

Blame the SEC and the NCAA....the ACC was happy as a round robin conference...than the SEC added South Carolina and Arkansas in 1991. The SEC was the first to expand and the first to institute a championship game.

The ACC petitioned to have a championship game and the NCAA said that they had to have more members and divisions...so, the ACC complied

Reaction Score
Blame the SEC and the NCAA....the ACC was happy as a round robin conference...than the SEC added South Carolina and Arkansas in 1991. The SEC was the first to expand and the first to institute a championship game.

The ACC petitioned to have a championship game and the NCAA said that they had to have more members and divisions...so, the ACC complied
Billy is 100% correct. The ACC petitioned the NCAA to have a CG at 10 teams, before taking BC and VT, they were told no. Another example of the NCAA kicking UCONN in the nads.

Reaction Score
M H v e r 3 10:52am, Jan 21 from Twitter for iPhone
Looks like a dead heat between Uconn and Memphis for the 2nd spot(provided BYU doesn't cave on Sundays) and Cincy is all but in.

80sTiger@M H v e r 3 11:56am, Jan 21 from Twitter Web Client
I don't get UConn. No corporate back like Mem/FDX, & they feel more like a private school/D2 re: football. Don't see the eyeballs.

Reaction Score
LOl the only way Memphis gets in is if Fed ex pays for there inclusion. To actually take a community college like Memphis and pay them..............

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Looks like a dead heat between Uconn and Memphis for the 2nd spot(provided BYU doesn't cave on Sundays) and Cincy is all but in.

I don't get UConn. No corporate back like Mem/FDX, & they feel more like a private school/D2 re: football. Don't see the eyeballs.

Backing off his silly Memphis position.

IF Texas consents to expand (a big "if"), it is a 3 way race between BYU, Cincinnati and UConn. I don't think Houston is a serious player in this.

If the ACC is interested, we won't know about it until it happens. They move quietly.

Reaction Score

Someone should tweet to this clown that ACADEMICS MATTER. Does Texas want to add another commuter college to the B12? Who knows? If Texas is leaving then Memphis will have a chance.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Someone should tweet to this clown that ACADEMIC MATTERS. Does Texas want to add another commuter college to the B12? Who knows? If Texas is leaving then Memphis will have a chance.

*Academics* Matter.

Sorry couldn't resist in pointing out the irony.

Reaction Score

I don't think UCONN fans will forget anytime soon how ACC took BCU's side and blocked UCONN and took schools like Pitt over us. Last round of the realignment when ACC took Louisville community college over UCONN was the biggest slap in the face. Had ACC left UL alone and let B12 have them, UCONN would be in the ACC and everyone would be much happier today.

Let's face it, ACC went out of its way to screw UCONN and knowledgeable UCONN fans won't forget that anytime soon if ever.

Reaction Score

& Memphis State feels more like a home for wayward boys. If Memphis is in a dead heat with UConn then I'm moving to North Korea.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom