Non-Key Tweets | Page 998 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
All I can say is that reprisals can be brutal when you go against ESPN and your conference.

Officiating will be interesting to watch this season,,,bowl selections, CFP rankings...how many prime time slots played, how many games on ACCN...

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
So Clemson, which presumably wants to go the SEC that is secured by a lucrative ESPN contract, refuses to play on Black Friday thereby impacting ESPN's potential to earn more revenue from ads played during an ACC-SEC matchup at the start of the holiday shopping season? Right, got it, Clemson wants to bite the hand that it wants to feed it more. That is a good thinkin'!

Reaction Score
Hmm, the crazies never stop.... ?

Out of the box thinking. It may not be that bad an idea given ND can pretty much do whatever it wants and ND will make money no matter what. The ACC may implode. ND basketball may (or may not) be more successful in the Big East. ND probably won't join the B1G. And it would be good for the Big East. I'll entertain the idea.

Regarding Clemson vs. USC. I can see why both schools would insist on playing on Saturday rather than Friday night. It's an all day event for all South Carolinians.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Out of the box thinking. It may not be that bad an idea given ND can pretty much do whatever it wants and ND will make money no matter what. The ACC may implode. ND basketball may (or may not) be more successful in the Big East. ND probably won't join the B1G. And it would be good for the Big East. I'll entertain the idea.

Regarding Clemson vs. USC. I can see why both schools would insist on playing on Saturday rather than Friday night. It's an all day event for all South Carolinians.

If Notre Dame could get back to being decent at basketball, having Xavier, Butler, NDU and Marquette all in the Midwest makes for some compelling match ups. DePaul will of course continue to suck.

Reaction Score
So Clemson, which presumably wants to go the SEC that is secured by a lucrative ESPN contract, refuses to play on Black Friday thereby impacting ESPN's potential to earn more revenue from ads played during an ACC-SEC matchup at the start of the holiday shopping season? Right, got it, Clemson wants to bite the hand that it wants to feed it more. That is a good thinkin'!
Unless they already have received the third party/back channel wink and nod from the B1G.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score

Not going to happen but I would be in favor. Beats a lot of the alternative additions!

Reaction Score
Kind of like when you sue to get out of said conference?

Exactly....the repercussions already have started....ESPN talking heads like Finebaum have been blasting away...

Clemson and FSU aren't "cooperating" with the ACC...and they have burned bridges...Clemson suing for damages for the misrepresentations.

They have exposed the secret that the conference and ESPN did not want exposed....that there is currently no media contract past July 1, 2026.

I do think the ACC and ESPN did not like their little secret being revealed....

Reaction Score
If Notre Dame could get back to being decent at basketball, having Xavier, Butler, NDU and Marquette all in the Midwest makes for some compelling match ups. DePaul will of course continue to suck.
Am I the only one optimistic about DePaul under Holtmann?

Reaction Score
Hmm, the crazies never stop.... ?

I would be fine with ND playing a fixed schedule of football games in The B1G as long as that fixed number is 9 games. The B1G is not The ACC. They don’t need The Irish to prop them up. There are more than enough quality programs who can drive ratings without them. The only concession I would give them is the opportunity to pick 0-3 fixed rivals.

Reaction Score
I would be fine with ND playing a fixed schedule of football games in The B1G as long as that fixed number is 9 games. The B1G is not The ACC. They don’t need The Irish to prop them up. There are more than enough quality programs who can drive ratings without them. The only concession I would give them is the opportunity to pick 0-3 fixed rivals.
I didn't realize you were a big 10 rep.

Reaction Score
I thought part of ND's agreement with the ACC included a provision that ND could join no conference other than the ACC?

Reaction Score
ND does have a contract provision with the ACC that says that. But penalties for breaking do not seem to be delineated. Five football games guaranteed a year. And GOR covers everything but football and hockey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom