Non-Key Tweets | Page 1000 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
What success? ND has not won a football or men's basketball championship in my lifetime I don't think. The only thing I've seen them win is a women's basketball championship.
And yet they are coveted by every conference and can pretty much lay out any terms they want for membership. They are a small Catholic college that has carved out a niche athletically and academically. By any reasonable measure they have been successful.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Weatherman"
I just realized the Big East has more population than the Big 12 and SEC.
It's a shame all those northeast time zones are colored ACC, especially in New England. As if people actually watch bcu.
I'd like to see it painted with the MWC since that conference is so worthy now.
Haha I was thinking the same things looking at the color of the New England states. To be honest I had completely forgotten about Boston College and I was trying to figure out how Syracuse was closer to New Hampshire and Maine than Connecticut. I would feel embarrassed about that, except that pretty much the rest of the country has forgotten about Boston College as well.

Reaction Score
And yet they are coveted by every conference and can pretty much lay out any terms they want for membership. They are a small Catholic college that has carved out a niche athletically and academically. By any reasonable measure they have been successful.
I just thought that was because they were the team of a lot of old people who are quickly dying off taking much of ND's mass appeal/fandom with them.

Reaction Score
You said it best, ND is going nowhere. They have done the least with the most amount of revenue.
73-13 the past seven years in football, with two playoff berths in a four team playoff system.

Only five schools have more wins in the past ten years than ND football.

If that is "nowhere", then there are about 125 programs somewhere worse than that.

Reaction Score
I just thought that was because they were the team of a lot of old people who are quickly dying off taking much of ND's mass appeal/fandom with them.
I have been hearing and seeing that for forty years. Those ND old people sure must live forever.

CL82

Reaction Score
What's a bigger milestone, 1000 pages or 25,000 posts? While we just hit the former, we are coming up on the latter.

Reaction Score
I have been hearing and seeing that for forty years. Those ND old people sure must live forever.
I dunno I wasn't alive forty years ago, so I'll defer to your expertise on that one, but my anecdotal evidence being in the NYC area is that everyone my age has their own college that they went to and root for, and maybe way back when not as many went to college so they just latched on to whatever team got pushed through the media due to lack of other options.

Reaction Score
I hope the big east doesn’t take ND..they bring nothing to a basketball conference
For most of the schools in the conference any association with the most prominent Catholic university in the nation would be welcomed. Notre Dame isn’t coming… but if they were willing, they’d be added.

Reaction Score
73-13 the past seven years in football, with two playoff berths in a four team playoff system.

If that is "nowhere", then there are about 125 programs somewhere worse than that.

Reaction Score

From 1994 to 2011, Notre Dame went 114-79 which is solid, but not outstanding. Brian Kelly turned around the program and the jury is out on Marcus Freeman. Since 1994 (30 years), Notre Dame has had 4 top 10 finishes in the coaches poll (Cincinnati has had 3) which is decent but not outstanding. And, Notre Dame plays about an average schedule (ranked 49 on average over the past 5 years). Against an SEC schedule, Notre Dame might struggle. With the resources and notoriety Notre Dame receives, they have kind of underperformed

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Michigan has one NC in 76 years. With their money and tradition, you’d have to say that they underperformed. Right?
Ummm. . . 2/1.5. They won in 2023 and the AP in 1997. They also didn’t need a 5th down to remain undefeated like Nebraska did that year.

If you are going to rip on a school, at least get your facts straight.

Reaction Score
I’d take ND in the Big East. They’ll do well in the Big East and become relevant in basketball again. They are a good name brand for the conference.

There’s people that want St Louis and Dayton, how could you pass on ND?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Ummm. . . 2/1.5. They won in 2023 and the AP in 1997. They also didn’t need a 5th down to remain undefeated like Nebraska did that year.

If you are going to rip on a school, at least get your facts straight.
Nebraska didn’t have the fifth down, Colorado did. You’re thinking of the flea kicker.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Nebraska didn’t have the fifth down, Colorado did. You’re thinking of the flea kicker.
Oh crap, you are right. That’s the illegal kick game. I’ve been celebrating the 4th a little early. The point still stands, though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom